Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime Buff

Fire_Ashes

I really appreciate the Latron Prime for the weapon it is. However to truly make it a "Prime" weapon to me i would like to see a little more out of it, considering its range and relatively low fire rate i would like to be able to put speed triggers on this weapon. The recoil does not allow me to do this, it is just to much my solution is to cut down the recoil to a little bit more to the Braton standards not the Burston standards. Another thing that could be buffed a little bit is it's reload rate. Right now i believe it is 2.4 base reload speed iwould like it to be taken down to about 2.0 or 1.8 this way you will spend less time reloading (i am OCD about reloading)

Basically i am saying this:

BUFF THE LATRON PRIME!!!!

How?

Less recoil (Near Braton Standards)

Lower reload rate (2.0 or 1.8)

What do you guys think?

It's already stronger than the regular with it's 5 extra damage. I've put speed trigger on mine, and it's working wonders. I don't see how it's recoil is giving you trouble with it's so little as is.

its not an assault rifle, it shouldn't be an assault rifle.

its a gun you pick your shots with. i wouldn't put a speed trigger mod on it as i would just be spamming the fire button. which you pretty much can already.

its a latron. i like the latron. if i wanted something else, id use something else.

we dont need every wep to be every other wep.

I think that it goes above and beyond it's intended role as is, and any buff would severely throw off any balance this weapon has.  You do realize that this weapon has more crit than the base Latron.  Therefore, running crit chance/dmg makes it do incredible amounts of damage.  It's a gun meant for mid to long range engagements with precise shots.  Not ripping off a clip in one spot on something.  Even sniper rifles suffer greatly from recoil.

Also it's reload,once modded is manageable.  This weapon is meant to be a compromise between a sniper rifle and a Burston/Braton.  Therefore it doesn't sacrifice much damage, has amazing accuracy, has a middle of the road magazine size, and has middle of the road reload speed.

Are you kidding? Seriously? You want to BUFF the Latron Prime? You must be modding it incorrectly, mines absolutely NUKES everything. Amazing ammunition economy, quick reloads/low downtime, extremely high damage per shot, amazing fire rate for a semi-auto, more-than-controllable recoil..it's actually pretty overpowered in my eyes. The gun I was using previous to the Latron Prime, was the Latron..I love them both. 

If you don't like reload times, mod the crap out of the reload time, with a few polarizes you shouldn't really be having any issues.

The gun is perfect. If DE were to do anything to it however, I am sure it would be a nerf and not a buff.

also dont think that any buff is needed

Are you kidding? Seriously? You want to BUFF the Latron Prime? You must be modding it incorrectly, mines absolutely NUKES everything. Amazing ammunition economy, quick reloads/low downtime, extremely high damage per shot, amazing fire rate for a semi-auto, more-than-controllable recoil..it's actually pretty overpowered in my eyes. The gun I was using previous to the Latron Prime, was the Latron..I love them both. 

If you don't like reload times, mod the crap out of the reload time, with a few polarizes you shouldn't really be having any issues.

The gun is perfect. If DE were to do anything to it however, I am sure it would be a nerf and not a buff.

could you tell me which mods you use? want to compare my loadout to others^^

Max serration, max piercing hit, max point strike, max vital shots, max cryo, max hellfire, max convulsion, max fast hands.  Obviously need to polarize a few times, but it hits like a Mac truck once you do.

I can't actually get in game at the moment but I could probably tell you most of them from memory. I basically just stacked everything that added damage. I have all the elemental mods max level, AP max level, Serration at like..lv5? (Still working on that) then I just add something random depending on how I feel.

The gun alone has brilliant base stats in my opinion so there isn't much that needs adjusted, at least for me. It's awesome, because as I said, it means I can just turn it into a handheld nuke with damage mods :D

I can't actually get in game at the moment but I could probably tell you most of them from memory. I basically just stacked everything that added damage. I have all the elemental mods max level, AP max level, Serration at like..lv5? (Still working on that) then I just add something random depending on how I feel.

The gun alone has brilliant base stats in my opinion so there isn't much that needs adjusted, at least for me. It's awesome, because as I said, it means I can just turn it into a handheld nuke with damage mods :D

Can get the base crit up to 25% with mods, plus all the juicy crit damage!  Should try it out!

i am doing 100+ dmg per shot at lvl 11 but to me it is insufficient at it's range i get overwhelmed at close range therefore use my secondaries and at long range it does nothing basically

One of the first things that the game taught me was that to play well, you would need to use the right combination of all of your gear at the right times. That's the reason you have other weapons aside your primary in the first place. The Latron certainly won't get you out of every single situation.

Can get the base crit up to 25% with mods, plus all the juicy crit damage!  Should try it out!

That might actually be pretty awesome..will definitely give that a shot when I am back home, cheers.

I am not saying buff the damage outputs or the crit i just don't like the recoil on it. The recoil is comparible to the old Snipetron if it had that zoom

You are so so very highly mistaken. The recoil of those two guns are vastly different. Latron has such a gentle recoil compared to the snipetron.

Well i disagree.

If you had zoom on the Latron to be about the zoom of the snipetron then i believe it would have about the same recoil. I will test this out in a few moments but honestly i feel like whenever i shoot it and fire again it is above their head.

I am not saying buff the damage outputs or the crit i just don't like the recoil on it. The recoil is comparible to the old Snipetron if it had that zoom

You are so so very highly mistaken. The recoil of those two guns are vastly different. Latron has such a gentle recoil compared to the snipetron.

The thing is, with the Latron, you can actually actively control the recoil.  You can't with the Burston or Braton.  The rounds recoil where they want.  With the Latron, and a little practice, the gun practically has zero recoil.  As for comparing it to the Snipetron... Not so much.  I've put Eagle Eye on my Latron for fun's sake, and it zooms to about the same level with no where near the amount of recoil.  I have both, therefore could actively compare.

The thing is, with the Latron, you can actually actively control the recoil.  You can't with the Burston or Braton.  The rounds recoil where they want.  With the Latron, and a little practice, the gun practically has zero recoil.  As for comparing it to the Snipetron... Not so much.  I've put Eagle Eye on my Latron for fun's sake, and it zooms to about the same level with no where near the amount of recoil.  I have both, therefore could actively compare.

This. If you practice with the Latron the recoil is pretty much negligible. Personally I found Eagle Eye made the Latron very uncomfortable to use however..I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me.

Still need to try have eagle eye but nothing to fuse it with grinding for cores/warframe abilities atm

another thing that i have an issue with is the latrons velocity (bullet speed)

its just a little slow to me... could be my frame rate but i have a decent cpu

Not to derail, but I must prevent the spread of false information. ALL recoil is controllable. For the burston I pull the mouse down as the burst goes off. It's very possible to get three head shots in a row.

Not to derail, but I must prevent the spread of false information. ALL recoil is controllable. For the burston I pull the mouse down as the burst goes off. It's very possible to get three head shots in a row.

Just very difficult for someone going from a console controller to a keyboard like me