The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Not Update Account Information Progress Could Not Be Saved

Ga3oora17

Question

Hey new player, only been here for a couple of days

Been getting this all day yesterday for every single mission! searched the forums found a guy saying changing to google dns helped him and another saying increasing the ping option for multiplayer is the solution

did both...changed to google dns and raised my png option from 300 to 400 but still progress isnt saved and I cant progress...why?

Others talked about modding or customizing their warframe/weapons but I haven't done any changes to what I had before this issue started

One third guy said this happened when his weapons leveled and indeed I get a weapon level up during that eternal loop everytime (and a couple of times I saw a polearm mastery icon as well after I finish the quest but not everytime>>>dont even know what it means )but how can I mitigate that if that is the problem...also got level ups before and they never caused this problem (i was playing solo back then though if it matters)

tried doing different mission but still same problem

I am volt with basic staff/rifle/pistol and some mods in them...didnt buy or create anything if it ,matters

so what do I do? I am really starting to like this game but now I cant progress

11 answers to this question

If it helps at all, it might be more than just you having the issue, around 1:45AM(central time) the PS4 Version did the same to me and a few friends. One minute we're running wave 19 in ODD, the next we all get booted out to our ships simultaneously, they decide to go to bed, I went to upgrade a mod and run a couple syndicate missions before getting off. Can't upgrade the mod due to being unable to update account info, upon closing the app and reopening it, it simple says unable to connect to servers.

I'm guessing the servers are down for some sort of maintenance or hot-fix. Give it a while and try again 

Does this happen in solo games?

It may be your internet connection that has problems keeping connected to the warframe server. If you aren't connected when the mission ends, your progress won't be saved.

I'll try to solo again later today to see how this turns out

If it helps at all, it might be more than just you having the issue, around 1:45AM(central time) the PS4 Version did the same to me and a few friends. One minute we're running wave 19 in ODD, the next we all get booted out to our ships simultaneously, they decide to go to bed, I went to upgrade a mod and run a couple syndicate missions before getting off. Can't upgrade the mod due to being unable to update account info, upon closing the app and reopening it, it simple says unable to connect to servers.

I'm guessing the servers are down for some sort of maintenance or hot-fix. Give it a while and try again 

will try again today though I doubt that was the issue cox it happened on several different time periods

If it was working before you applied the Google DNS servers, take them off again.

For me (Starcraft 2, rather than warframe) using the google DNS servers actually stopped things working rather than fixing them.  I think they point to different content servers than my ISP - and the ISP blocks those ones. :(

That could explain it - the initial problem was servers offline, and since then the connection does not work due to google dns being different :(

If it was working before you applied the Google DNS servers, take them off again.

For me (Starcraft 2, rather than warframe) using the google DNS servers actually stopped things working rather than fixing them.  I think they point to different content servers than my ISP - and the ISP blocks those ones. :(

That could explain it - the initial problem was servers offline, and since then the connection does not work due to google dns being different :(

Does this happen in solo games?

It may be your internet connection that has problems keeping connected to the warframe server. If you aren't connected when the mission ends, your progress won't be saved.

Alright so here is my super miserable status right now...i played a fame with a group...couldn't update, so I switched solo aaaaand couldn't update as well so I did as silver initiate suggested and reverted back from google dns and played solo aaaaaaaaaand couldn't update as well!!!

so no solo and no group now :((( what happened and why did this start happening?

If you just chat a while ingame, do you retain connection to the chat at all times?

Do you have any connection problems with other games?

I am currently playing diablo 3 ros and marvel heroes 2015 and heroes of the storm...no such problems

never tried chatting before...also worth noting that I played the game fine with progress being saved and all for a couple of days before this started

When you go to Options -> Gameplay -> Analyze Network, what does it say?

All systems Nominal. UPnP detected

Oh and for the record apparently it's letting me do story missions...i tried to do the once awake story quests (second quest line in codex) and did the first two missions no problem...solo low level mobile defense back on earth in between and the game goes back to no saving mode

This happens to me at least twice a day and is becoming increasingly frustrating as I graduate to more demanding, difficult missions with better rewards.

I play with several RL friends that are in the same state - one of which has the same internet company and router as I do - and neither of them run into this issue nearly as often as I do; they might suffer once or twice a week.

Please, for the love of god, someone help me out here. I cannot subject myself to these sessions of game play that are completely pointless. I hesitate to participate in Sorties because I would probably throw up if I completed the missions and they did not save.

There must be a fix.

This happens to me at least twice a day and is becoming increasingly frustrating as I graduate to more demanding, difficult missions with better rewards.

I play with several RL friends that are in the same state - one of which has the same internet company and router as I do - and neither of them run into this issue nearly as often as I do; they might suffer once or twice a week.

Please, for the love of god, someone help me out here. I cannot subject myself to these sessions of game play that are completely pointless. I hesitate to participate in Sorties because I would probably throw up if I completed the missions and they did not save.

There must be a fix.

Dude seriously u think this is annoying because it happens twice a day? I've been getting it every single game for 2 days now...I am literally stuck with zero progress for 2 days