Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop With The Advice Begging In Gd, Go To 'players Helping Players' For That.

Aretak

Hi,

I've shunted a number of "X vs. Y", "Mod loadout for ____", "Where do I get Z", etc. threads for the past 5 or 6 pages over to Players helping Players. If you see future threads like those and think they belong more in PhP, please report them and we'll take a look.

With the increasing number of players we're seeing a concomitant increase in misplaced threads. It's natural for people to want to put their thread in GD with the belief that they'll receive more and quicker attention here, whether or not it could be in a better location. We've been in an ongoing (but somewhat slow) policy discussion about if and how we want to differentiate GD from other boards - I hope that we'll be able to come to a decision in the near future.

In the meantime, please be patient with people misplacing their threads. Some might be fine in GD after all; some might need to be brought to moderator attention for a move.

If you can't ask questions about content or problems in a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum.

You better just delete this forum all together.

While I agree for the most part, there are certain types of threads such as the ones I mentioned in my previous post that do fit better in Players helping Players. If we allow discussion of any sort then everyone's just going to post in GD for maximum traffic, and suddenly all the Feedback forums are redundant ghost towns. That's undesirable.

On a related note, I moved this over to Website/Forum Feedback (And also made a minor tweak to the thread title for clarity's sake due to the move).

It would be nice if the thread title had "Moved" at the start so that people would begin to realize that there is a better place for that sort of thread. I hadn't even realized this thread had been moved until you mentioned it.

Edited by MisguidedGT

It would be nice if the thread title had "Moved" at the start so that people would begin to realize that there is a better place for that sort of thread. I hadn't even realized this thread had been moved until you mentioned it.

It does have the little arrow icon - but yeah, I agree that that's easy to miss and maybe not immediately easy to interpret.

I tend not to leave a redirect link because I dislike the clutter - maybe I'll ask how feasible a temporary redirect function (i.e. a redirect link that vanishes after a set period of time, say a day) would be.