The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arching Is Really Annoying Me

(XBOX)GetDELETED1681

Question

The camera sucks. The controls suck. Having to complete a mission to finish a planet completely sucks. And for whatever reason dying on them and my rage doesn't get me revived but kicked to the lobby.

God damn I hate them. The camera angles are atrocious. Can barely

See enemies. Controls are wonky. This zone of Enders mini game

Rip off is making me a bit whiny.

18 answers to this question

If you're not a fan of a game-mode, don't play it.

from his posting, it appears that he's only trying to finish the missions so that he can benefit from planetary completion for whatever reason.

(mastery, extractors, etc)

to OP, normal warframe mods don't provide ANY functionality in archwing. (there might be a few still left but certainly not rage)

as for the camera angles, controls etc, i entirely appreciate your position and agree. i *want* to like archwing (as an old descent player the concept appeals to me) but in practice it fails terribly. even after people screaming for improvement for over a year.

just push through it and ignore it afterwards unless it's forced down our throat as a barrier of access to some other frame or item like the rest of us.

It's like starting from the beginning in terms of mods, knowledge and parts aquistion, might I suggest at least maxing out your starter gear with damage full ranked on and seeing where it goes from there, if not then just simply don't play, aw reworks are coming soon though don't worry

Everyone has their opinion. I love archwing and play it very frequently, as well as plenty of other players as there is always teams on those nodes when i play them.

Didn't like it at first because you start 100% over. But once you get used to the controls, a weapon / archwing you like and the mods...its really fun.

There's a really easy solution to this problem you seem to be having with Archwing, and it's the same solution to the problem you have at the beginning of Warframe:

Get.  Good.

In all seriousness, though, practice does indeed make perfect.  If you don't ever play Archwing, you won't be good at Archwing.

Stop complaining about a game mode until you're good enough at it to form an accurate opinion of how it plays.

/post

I dont enjoy being puched in the face, should I keep letting it happen until it doesn't bother me any more.

Archwing sucks ( holy christ his opinion isnt like mine GET HIM )

If you don't enjoy getting punched in the face, either punch them first or get out of the way.

Originally, I HATED Archwing.  The minimap is next to useless for locating enemies in 3D space, and the interface wasn't any help either.  Then one day DE changed the HUD in Archwing.  Anyone who played/still plays BSGO immediately became god of Arch-combat, since it introduced the 3D target markers for locating enemies that we became used to from playing BSGO.  After that change, things became a lot easier for us, and thus a lot more fun.

Once you level a weapon for Archwing and get in the habit of keeping Odonata's 1 up all the time, things get considerably easier.  As soon as you get a few mods and put some time into playing, the mode takes on a whole new life that I honestly didn't expect it to.

(Holy Christ, he's giving me advice after I tried to start a flame war!  ADD MORE FIRE!!)

If you don't enjoy getting punched in the face, either punch them first or get out of the way.

Originally, I HATED Archwing. The minimap is next to useless for locating enemies in 3D space, and the interface wasn't any help either. Then one day DE changed the HUD in Archwing. Anyone who played/still plays BSGO immediately became god of Arch-combat, since it introduced the 3D target markers for locating enemies that we became used to from playing BSGO. After that change, things became a lot easier for us, and thus a lot more fun.

Once you level a weapon for Archwing and get in the habit of keeping Odonata's 1 up all the time, things get considerably easier. As soon as you get a few mods and put some time into playing, the mode takes on a whole new life that I honestly didn't expect it to.

(Holy Christ, he's giving me advice after I tried to start a flame war! ADD MORE FIRE!!)

Ive leveled multiple frames and weapons and have all available archwing mods all in an attempt to think youre not an idio ... To like archwing, nothing you said changes the fact that its stale gameplay with a bad camera and lackluster weapony. Im not trying to start a flame war but telling someone to Get Good or to keep doing something they dont enjoy is foolish.

Archwing sucks, no changes since it launched have made it any better and im 97.6% sure that none will*

*this statement is all opinion, one that the poster is entitled to have regardless of youre opinions of what the poster stated

I kind of liked it but after farming, and farming, and farming more with no mods to show for it, I found myself with about rank 15-20 AW items and like 10 mods across all 3 items (wing, gun, melee).   Progression from there became hopeless.   Ya, I could trade for it, or even get them free from friends at this point, but that isn't the point ...  nothing ever drops, the reticle for the gun is the worst ever, getting a group is unpossible usually,  and it has a lack of cover so you get caught in the middle of 50 guys on you if you don't creep along hugging the debris.   I broke it out to do the focus quest line and put it away again.  

Ive leveled multiple frames and weapons and have all available archwing mods all in an attempt to think youre not an idio ... To like archwing, nothing you said changes the fact that its stale gameplay with a bad camera and lackluster weapony. Im not trying to start a flame war but telling someone to Get Good or to keep doing something they dont enjoy is foolish.

Archwing sucks, no changes since it launched have made it any better and im 97.6% sure that none will*

*this statement is all opinion, one that the poster is entitled to have regardless of youre opinions of what the poster stated

I'm not really sure where this is going.  "Stale" implies that it is either old already, which it is not, or gets old quickly.  Assuming that you don't spam the same mission over and over, it doesn't get old.  Of course, if you play ONLY archwing, it will get old.  But you're not supposed to play only archwing: that's why there's different modes.  Also, by the same logic, regular gameplay is stale because it hasn't received any fundamental changes since the game was launched.  I think the reason you don't enjoy it is because you're not changing up your playstyle at all.  Attempting to do the same things and expecting something different to happen is the definition of insanity, and telling me that I'm telling you to keep doing something you don't enjoy is misinterpretation.  I'm telling you to switch things up in order to experience the entire mode, the same way that you don't experience all of Warframe until you play different missions with different frames.

Saying that Archwing sucks is an opinion you are allowed to have, but coming to a players helping players thread just to spout trash talk is pointless.  And there HAVE been changes to Archwing that improved it: the fact that you're ignoring the UI bug suggests you didn't start Archwing until after that change was made (or maybe that change never happened on your console because they fixed it before cert).  You can be as sure as you like that no change will make you enjoy it any more, and that's entirely up to how dead-set against it you are.

Either way, the best way to test a game mode in ANY game to see if you like it is to master it, and THEN form an opinion.  Take Halo 5, for example.  You can't say for certain whether the game was good or bad until you've beaten the campaign.

Also, Zone of Enders mingame ripoff?  Really?  Sigh.

I really don't want to stay on this thread, so I'm going to unfollow.  Happy Hunting, Tenno.  Don't crash your Archwing into a tree.

The "controls" in Archwing missions, mimic the actual principles of movement in the vacuum of space.

Once you understand that, those missions are a breeze.  

No, they do not.    The concept physics, such as an object in motion staying in motion, don't exist, and the concept of acceleration as well (if you keep applying acceleration, you keep speeding up, this does not happen).   Its not even close to either aerodynamics (flight in atmosphere) nor space.   Which is fine, but lets not confuse anyone that it is even remotely realistic.   Also all the debris is stationary and relatively fixed.   

Edited by jonnin