Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt still one-shots Ars Retina

Namacyst

Supposedly it's possible in a specific room spawn that involves something like 5 different lighting elements clustered very closely together and having all 5 explode right over it's head. The environmental element explosions deal 4 digit damage numbers to things caught in the explosion.

Nerf volt until it's completely useless imo. Don't balance the mods that volt equips.

Balancing mods would mean that volt is playable, we don't want that, we want a volt that can neither solo a boss or contribute at all. This so called 'high damage' class should remain completely equalized with the rest of the warframes.

And by equalized I mean all hail the Rhino. :P

Edited by ZEDD

Nerf volt until it's completely useless imo. Don't balance the mods that volt equips.

Balancing mods would mean that volt is playable, we don't want that, we want a volt that can neither solo a boss or contribute at all. This so called 'high damage' class should remain completely equalized with the rest of the warframes.

And by equalized I mean all hail the Rhino. :P

We are talking here about 1 shoting the hardest boss in game, which is over twice max player level. Is this not enough "high damage" to you?

I can solo any boss on any warframe, "1-shotting" is inaccurate. as volts power both cripples it and takes many shots to kill the boss. Volt is only op with the proper mods, and afaik the devs are planning bigger and better bosses than the one on hades.

Volt was nerfed in a recent update. Which is good, right about now he isn't the ultimate killing machine, his power works only once per room, and has a limited range, mag beats volt imo. And as a basic frame if you save that for the boss, good for you. Try using your power on the jackal.

Edited by ZEDD

Technically Volt didn't 1 shot the boss either. It took 6 hits from overload to do it before. 5 from exploding environment objects and 1 from the initial shockwave that pulsed out. ;)

Yes vs jackal the damage is considerably lower. You only do the initial shockwave damage which pales in comparison to exploding environment because the room is too wide open.

However Volt destroying the Pluto boss isn't so much that volt is OP. It requires the player to effectively use the enviroment to their advantage to do it and as they've said new tile sets are coming I wouldn't be suprised if we eventually got some organic or outdoor sets that didn't have built in objects to explode with overload.

Volt>corpus, not so much any other faction. The problem is the maps(ie, turrets being indestructable yet conductive), not volt being op.

I don't even particularly like volt, but people wanting to destroy the character because they see someone soloing maps with it is absurd.

Unless you do that in a very specific location its going to say "ok" then knockdown stunlock cycle you into firey oblivion. The radial damage seems to only do something like 600-700 damage that I've noticed. The exploding electronic elements in the ship I've seen hit anywher between 1500-6000 damage do something caught right underneath it.

As someone who plays Volt, there are two ways this can happen:

-Etina bugs and ends up at level 55 instead of 75 and can be nuked outright relatively easily because it has far less health; I've also seen a Rhino instagib with an ability once, so this is not a Volt issue.

-you lure Etina into an area where it can get zapped by several lights, instagibbing it.

Bear in mind the cost of using Volt: fighting infested sucks. The ancients are outright immune to your abilities whereas a single Excalibur can just [1] an ancient and kill it. Volt does obliterate Corpus, but that is because they are sensitive to lightning, not that the Volt is OP. In large part, it seems that way because the last stage of the game is Corpus, but if Hades were an Infested level, it would swing the complete opposite way.

Overload is supposed to be a one-off nuke that obliterates things. Normally, this is fine, but with Etina, this is problematic. Of course, it's also like bringing your Charizard to their Venusaur. Charizard is great by default, but against Venusaur, it's stupid OP. Of course, that's how hard counters work. That's suppos to happen. Now, when this is the last boss in the game, that's a bit of a problem. Assuming that in the future more levels after Pluto are added (I'm assuming this will be the case), then we won't be worried anymore.

If Etina is meant to be the last boss though, just make it so that the overhead lightning is less likely to target it. It seems to be chance based already, so just reduce the likelihood further for bosses.

I made Pluto Hades runs and this, like i described, happend every game until our Volt left. It had nothing to do with "..if the lightning out of the second lamp to the right hits in a 23,5 degree angle between from below the left kneecap on a sunday evening when it rains...". Volt ran to Etina...hugged it, overload. dead. Lotus could not even finish her sentence that the assassination target was spotted.

I made Pluto Hades runs and this, like i described, happend every game until our Volt left. It had nothing to do with "..if the lightning out of the second lamp to the right hits in a 23,5 degree angle between from below the left kneecap on a sunday evening when it rains...". Volt ran to Etina...hugged it, overload. dead. Lotus could not even finish her sentence that the assassination target was spotted.

Then you consistently bugged

Ya.. me and the 2 other guys in the party besides that Volt. Sure. -.-

I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm saying the boss is bugged. I don't know what the cause is, but your experience is that of a bug.do not mistake that for intended behavior. I play rank 30 boosted Volt and I can tell you from experience that what you're reporting doesn't always happen. If you play Volt and charge Etina, sometimes you'll instagib. Other times however, you'll only blow its shields and do ~10% if its health. Something tells me that for a level 75 boss, the second behavior is intended.

I made Pluto Hades runs and this, like i described, happend every game until our Volt left.

I'm pretty sure I was that Volt, and I only killed the boss one or two times in the runs on that evening. The other times it didn't work or someone else killed him in seconds before I even got to him, with a shotgun I think. The problem is not ubiquitous nor unique to Volt.

Edited by kalimag