Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Fiber

Bubsters

Since DE is doing exclusive mods like the thunderbolt, Steel Fiber should be exclusive to Iron Skin.

Honestly the only other frame that could actually benefit from SF is Frost, but he already has his super strong snowglobe that gets groups to wave 100+.

And Saryn doesn't need Steel Fiber since her ult is just silly right now and destroys everything.

Steel Fiber would work simultaneously with Iron Skin. Now Rhino (might be) up to par on grineer/corpus def missions. 

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Bubsters

This is a terrible idea. Steel Fiber isnt even that good. Its actually terrible. It also wouldnt work with iron skin because iron skin doesnt have armor. Its just a temporary shield. Steel Fiber only adds to existing armor. So adding 90% armor to something that has 0. for armor is pointless.

Steel Fiber does need a rework though. Someone did tables and graphs at one point and it showed that using armor is useless compared to stacked health. For cheaper on your mod points. Steel Fiber needs to do something else instead of armor. Like have a chance to resist stun and knockdown.

P.S. Even if Iron skin did somehow benefit from Steel Fiber, making more warframe specific mods is really, really dumb. It floods the pool of mods with more crap other people cant use and dont want, its also imbalanced to other frames to have extra boosts to rhino.

Edited by Onite

But what would be the point of making it exclusive, what do you gain by doing that?

I'm just making things more practical here. If you actually think about it, Steel Fiber is already exclusive to heavily armored frames. All the other frames barely get anything from a maxed Steel Fiber except Frost and Saryn. But they don't really take direct damage unlike Rhino. 

Iron skin isnt even that good. Its actually terrible. 

Steel Fiber does need a rework though. Someone did tables and graphs at one point and it showed that using armor is useless compared to stacked health. For cheaper on your mod points. Steel Fiber needs to do something else instead of armor. Like have a chance to resist stun and knockdown.

making more warframe specific mods is really, really dumb. It floods the pool of mods with more crap other people cant use and dont want, its also imbalanced to other frames to have extra boosts to rhino.

You're criticizing yourself in bold. Iron skin is weak thats why im suggesting a buff and implied IS worked with armor. This way we kill two birds with one stone since A) nobody uses SF and B) IS is underwhelming.

When was the last time anyone got a thunderbolt outside a mod pack? Specific mods are pretty damn rare and definitely wouldn't flood the pool.

I'm just making things more practical here. If you actually think about it, Steel Fiber is already exclusive to heavily armored frames. All the other frames barely get anything from a maxed Steel Fiber except Frost and Saryn. But they don't really take direct damage unlike Rhino. 

You're criticizing yourself in bold. Iron skin is weak thats why im suggesting a buff and implied IS worked with armor. This way we kill two birds with one stone since A) nobody uses SF and B) IS is underwhelming.

When was the last time anyone got a thunderbolt outside a mod pack? Specific mods are pretty damn rare and definitely wouldn't flood the pool.

I'm not contradicting myself. Flooding a pool with mods that only work for specific warframes is bad across the board for everyone that shares the same RNG Pool. Theres not contradiction to it.

Also your thread didnt even mention anything about buffing iron skin or steel fiber. Just making steel fiber only work on rhino to add to iron skin. Which even if it did, its still pointless. Pointless because iron skin has a time limit.

No, no it isn't. You just apparently think it is/should be.

So tell me which frames have you seen use Steel Fiber?

I'm not contradicting myself. Flooding a pool with mods that only work for specific warframes is bad across the board for everyone that shares the same RNG Pool. Theres not contradiction to it.

Also your thread didnt even mention anything about buffing iron skin or steel fiber. Just making steel fiber only work on rhino to add to iron skin. Which even if it did, its still pointless. Pointless because iron skin has a time limit.

Again if you actually read anything in my previous post, I bolded the part where you said Iron skin is weak, and giving buffs to rhino would make him op. 

And how does a rare-specific mod flood a pool? It doesn't. That's why only a handful of people have it.

For the third time, the buff was combining IS and SF. You even said it yourself in bold.

If you ever played any high defense mission with rhino, You'd know that the "shield" runs out and not the time limit.

Excalibur, Mag, Loki, and Ash.

I personally use it with my Ash, and the armor boost is noticeable and useful, but I'm not talking about me personally when including Ash in that short list.

Again if you actually read anything in my previous post, I bolded the part where you said Iron skin is weak, and giving buffs to rhino would make him op. 

And how does a rare-specific mod flood a pool? It doesn't. That's why only a handful of people have it.

For the third time, the buff was combining IS and SF. You even said it yourself in bold.

If you ever played any high defense mission with rhino, You'd know that the "shield" runs out and not the time limit.

That still makes no logical sense to add a skill to Fix a broken skill instead of buffing the broken skill to not be crap.

Also Steel Fiber is common. Not rare. Even if it did, Adding any number of trash items to any rarity is going to drop your chances.

I personally use it with my Ash, and the armor boost is noticeable and useful, but I'm not talking about me personally when including Ash in that short list.

This is a joke. You literally said " I use it on Ash. It's nice. But I don't use it on Ash since Ash is in that list." Again my point is still valid that heavy frames use SF. 

A good Ash and Loki can minimize most damage with just their invis spam/mobility. So SF isn't really useful to them.

Excal and Mag don't need it either. Lots of Excal's build caster to boost slash dash. Early-mid game Mag is a caster at best. And anything end game she is support./CCbot. Neither roles which want armor. 

Edited by Bubsters

This is a joke. You literally said " I use it on Ash. It's nice. But I don't use it on Ash since Ash is in that list." Again my point is still valid that heavy frames use SF. 

A good Ash and Loki can minimize most damage with just their invis spam/mobility. So SF isn't really useful to them.

Excal might need SF since he's always in the fray, but Mag doesn't. Early-mid game Mag is a caster at best. And Anything end game she is support./CCbot. Neither roles which want armor. 

Thats an invalid arguement because the same can be said about Redirection. Every player in the game needs it and uses it, regardless of base stats. The same applies to steel fiber, even though its not as good. Just because other frames can spin bigger numbers doesnt mean other frames should ignore it.

Edited by Onite

You're equipping SF for the sake of equipping SF on the first 3 frames. Ash is a borderline candidate already, and Excal and Loki are much worse. When you get to Mag, it's so terrible that a single level of redirection is worth TWELVE levels of SF on Mag. You could put a rank 0 redirection on her and it grants more EHP than a max level SF. Even on Excal, a rank of Redirection gives 33% more than a rank of SF and a rank of Vitality gives 100% more.

When you equip SF on Mag, you give others the right to call you an idiot. Because it's beyond stupid.

Edited by Tryysaeder

add a skill to Fix buff a broken weak skill

Also Steel Fiber is common. Not rare. Even if it did, Adding any number of trash items to any rarity is going to drop your chances.

It makes perfect sense. Again in a nutshell, my post was to make two less useful things into 1 more useful thing.

...Rare mods don't ruin the loot table. Frame-ability mods and hellfire ruin the loot table. 

Yeah, if you would understand what I was saying, then you would see that I am not talking about me using it, I am talking about others using it. I don't even have a Mag or Loki, nor do I ever plan to. I also have never personally put that mod on my Excal.

No, that is not at all what I said. None of the examples on the list come from me directly, they come from other players that I have known to use the mod on their frames. I, too, use the mod on my Ash frame, but that was not the reason I included it in the list.

Point is: The mod isn't used exclusively for Rhino, Saryn, and Frost as was claimed.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Thats an invalid arguement because the same can be said about Redirection. Every player in the game needs it and uses it, regardless of base stats. The same applies to steel fiber, even though its not as good. Just because other frames can spin bigger numbers doesnt mean other frames should ignore it.

The whole point of using any mod is base stats. You wouldn't put charge mods on a fang. 

You're suggesting that SF be essentially turned into a Frame-ability mod.

Specific mod =/= Frame-ability mod. Thunderbolt is a rifle mod but it doesn't apply to all rifles. Same with my idea.

Edited by Bubsters

The whole point of using any mod is base stats. You wouldn't put charge mods on a fang. 

Specific mod =/= Frame-ability mod. Thunderbolt is a rifle mod but it doesn't apply to all rifles. Same with my idea.

Thunderbolt ONLY applies to the Bow. So its specific to that weapon. Making Steel Fiber ONLY apply to Rhino, means ONLY Rhino can use it. Thats the same as A frame ability mod. Dont be a moron by re-wording the exact same idea of a sentence.

Thunderbolt ONLY applies to the Bow. So its specific to that weapon. Making Steel Fiber ONLY apply to Rhino, means ONLY Rhino can use it. Thats the same as A frame ability mod. Dont be a moron by re-wording the exact same idea of a sentence.

Again heavy frames are probably the only ones who use SF anyways which you guys managed to stray from discussing giving a proper rebuttal. Edited by Bubsters

No, heavy frames aren't the only ones who use SF. We've been through this already. I know plenty of non-heavy frames that use SF as well as Vitality, Redirection, and Fast Deflection.

And how are we straying from the discussion? You're talking about making SF a Rhino-only mod, and we are talking about the consequences of doing such a thing, which is right on topic.

Taking SF and making it only affect a Frame ability is nearly the same as turning it into a Frame ability mod itself. No, it isn't the exact same, but it is close enough. Anyone NOT using a Rhino and Iron Skin would view it the same as they would view any ability mod for a Frame they are not using.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Taking SF and making it only affect a Frame ability is nearly the same as turning it into a Frame ability mod itself. No, it isn't the exact same, but it is close enough. Anyone NOT using a Rhino and Iron Skin would view it the same as they would view any ability mod for a Frame they are not using.

So basically you're against rhino buffs? and theoretically making loot tables better?

Edited by Bubsters

So basically you're against rhino buffs?

Are you intentionally misunderstanding me?

I'm against non-ability mods being made single frame-specific, especially when they could benefit so many other frames. I'm against it for the exact same reason so many people are against frame ability mod drops.

Edited by RyojinOrion

No, heavy frames aren't the only ones who use SF. We've been through this already. I know plenty of non-heavy frames that use SF as well as Vitality, Redirection, and Fast Deflection.

when they could benefit so many other frames. I'm against it for the exact same reason so many people are against frame ability mod drops.

Im 99% sure that people "you know" are early game players. and for the most part have no idea how to get the most out of their frame as Trysssaeder said.

Again if you read at all SF would be rare and would'nt ruin the loot table.

Edited by Bubsters