Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Suggestion - Raids

McGuffin

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking a bit about how to implement raiding in Warframe, and I think the following idea may be a natural 'fit' to existing gameplay. Here's the skinny:

Each system has 1 raid area, tuned to the level of the system (+ a few things that make it more challenging, but it should still be doable if you can clear the system). This raid area unlocks after the system has been cleared, and is designed for 2 teams of 4 Tenno each. For example, Mercury's raid area could be a Grineer Orbital Battle Station of some sort.

The 2 teams are split across the level, and each have their own objective. For example, 1 team could be sent in to steal an Artifact while the other exterminates opposing forces as a distraction. Once both teams have completed their objectives, they converge to take out a special raid boss that will require all 8 players to defeat.

The reward could be special tokens you can trade in for skins, unique weapons / mods, blueprints etc. This is aside from the normal loot drops available on that system.

To make things more interesting, the semi-random nature of mission objectives and map layout could still be applied, encouraging multiple runs.

Thoughts and feedback are very much appreciated, and apologies if this has been discussed before.

This Idea.. I like it... but I'd want to see if a little more spead out... Like when you "enter" a raid it's a 3 mission area, and your zoomed in on a single ship. Your job is split up into 3 missions. Infiltrate, Objective (steal artifact, destroy reactor, capture, ect ect), and then assasionation of a target. This also adds in room for growth where they can have longer raids, and they can have optional missions in the raid to maybe dissable a backup generator for a defense system,making the boss easier.

Nice, I like that idea. Perhaps the 'Push button, receive bac...I mean...weaken boss' objective can be a secondary one. New players to the raid can perform it to help tip the odds in their favor while skilled / overlvled players can ignore it to get the maximum challenge / reward.