Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Wind In Warframe?

LasersGoPewPew

borderlands-esque second wind in warframe for those pesky moments where you kill the boss with your projectile weapon right after he kills you with his hitscan bullet? just a thought so you don't have to waste a revive over a stray bullet if there's a killable enemy in crawling range.

it could make the game too easy like many of you commented, but solo players have no means of getting back on their feet, if it was a solo only mechanic it could be balanced out, and there could possibly be a cooldown time for the second wind to occur again, like... another minute or two before you can get one so you can't just constantly go down while a horde of grineer are shooting you(as there's sentinels  that can cloak you and mechanics for evading damage for a reason) thanks for the so far positive feedback.

Edited by LasersGoPewPew

That seems like it would pretty much completely kill the point of the whole revive/downed system, since there are almost always tons of very weak enemies around. It would only be in very rare cases where you couldn't hop back up almost immediately after being downed.

That seems like it would pretty much completely kill the point of the whole revive/downed system, since there are almost always tons of very weak enemies around. It would only be in very rare cases where you couldn't hop back up almost immediately after being downed.

Anyone who gets downed by normal mobs is just sloppy, but it doesn't mean that players couldn't be motivated to revive for the 50 affinity, or was it 250?  Whatever, but where this would really come in handy is soloing bosses, where you leave adds to take out while in the proposed second wind.  I like it!  Additionally for high level defense missions where you're relying on a revive but have something to fall back on if needed; the same goes for T3 tower runs.

A second wind would be awesome!  I wonder what the implications are of incorporating something like that when it's so well recognized from Borderlands?

Anyone who gets downed by normal mobs is just sloppy, but it doesn't mean that players couldn't be motivated to revive for the 50 affinity, or was it 250?  Whatever, but where this would really come in handy is soloing bosses, where you leave adds to take out while in the proposed second wind.  I like it!  Additionally for high level defense missions where you're relying on a revive but have something to fall back on if needed; the same goes for T3 tower runs.

A second wind would be awesome!  I wonder what the implications are of incorporating something like that when it's so well recognized from Borderlands?

I dunno, it just seems like it would make things entirely too easy. Maybe if you had to kill a tougher-than-average enemy, it might be decent, but otherwise you'd be making dying near impossible, which would kill all risk in the game and quite frankly, would make the game boring to me.

How about this:

in group mode, killing enemies will extend your bleed out meter

In solo mode, if you fill it to the top or go out of combat, it will revive you.

This is a much better idea, IMO, than just one kill = instant revive regardless of circumstances.

Agree, but this still meaningful for solo player. If you go with just 1 more people, you can be revive limitless number of times. This make hugely unfair for solo goer.

As long it's not third wind or fourth wind, I think this should be implement.

Edited by Hameln

The Second Wind is pretty balanced in multiplayer for Borderlands that actually necessitates the need for players to revive downed allies. Of course, the game's difficulty scaled upwards with each additional member in the group.

Now, if Warframe did something like that... more players in the group... the harder the challenge... the better the loot...

Agree, but this still meaningful for solo player. If you go with just 1 more people, you can be revive limitless number of times. This make hugely unfair for solo goer.

As long it's not third wind or fourth wind, I think this should be implement.

Yeah, but really, this game isn't intended for solo players. Everything about it screams multiplayer. I honestly don't know why there even is a Solo mode. :/

Yeah, but really, this game isn't intended for solo players. Everything about it screams multiplayer. I honestly don't know why there even is a Solo mode. :/

Because the internet can be a fickle *@##$, and decided "I'm not going to work for a while so you can just go suck it"

Because the internet can be a fickle $#*(@, and decided "I'm not going to work for a while so you can just go suck it"

Unless I am mistaken (And I don't believe I am), you need an internet connection to play even in Solo mode. That isn't much of an excuse. <.<

Or you can just get stunlocked/cornered by rollers/scorpions/other knockdown/stagger/stun enemies. One thing that gets me now and then is a grineer commander swap teleporting me into the middle of the enemy swarm and a scorpion knocking me down there. Death before I can do anything. Or you know, two rollers and a scorpion pinning me to a wall.

How about this:

in group mode, killing enemies will extend your bleed out meter

In solo mode, if you fill it to the top or go out of combat, it will revive you.

Good luck, though, because enemies ignore you until you start shooting, after which taking damage reduces your bleed out meter as well.

I have serious doubts that there's any way to kill enemies fast enough to fill the meter when every enemy is shooting you (because solo) ... unless you're in an early enough mission that you'd have to work hard to die in the first place.

Unless I am mistaken (And I don't believe I am), you need an internet connection to play even in Solo mode. That isn't much of an excuse. <.<

That's great. But if your internet is slow atm (such as if it is being used by other devices for streaming while you are playing,) then group play is filled with lag, whereas solo play runs perfectly fine even on a slow connection. He's got a point, you just need a little leading to understand it.