Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggested Grineer Scorpion Fix And Counter Suggestion

Shadow-Blades

So we all know that most people were whining about how annoying the new Scorpion enemy is. So they nerfed it and now everyone complains it's too easy to kill. So my suggestion is simple. Why not give the player the ability to block the grapple rope? It would give players an actual reason to use the block button, other than to look cool when being shot at.

Also as a side suggestion have you ever thought about countering with the block?

Something people seem to miss:

DE's balance method is what I call "the artillery method".  If you know anything about how field or naval artillery methods, you'll understand; if not, then I'll explain.  The battery commander gets rough range and elevation data from a forward observer, and then has ONE gun in his battery fire ONE shell - this is called the "@#&$ shot".  Inevitably, this shot will miss high or low - the observer relays further data, the battery commander corrects, and fires a second shot.  This one usually also misses - but if the @#&$ shot went high, the second shot will usually go low and vice versa.  This is called the "ranging shot".  Now that the battery commander has range, elevation, and windage from the two missed shots, he can calculate the midpoint - AKA the target's location - and does so, then has his whole battery make rubble, then make the rubble bounce. 

The initial release of Scorpions was the @#&$ shot.  The current nerf is the ranging shot.  They'll find a good midpoint soon enough; a concurrent example would be the Hek.  Started way too strong, got way too weak, now is pretty nicely right.

The upside to this method is it tends to find a very good solution in the end.  The downside is it tends to take a while and sparks shakeup rageposts and the like.  But to paraphrase Churchill, it's the worst method - except for all the others.

Something people seem to miss:

DE's balance method is what I call "the artillery method".  If you know anything about how field or naval artillery methods, you'll understand; if not, then I'll explain.  The battery commander gets rough range and elevation data from a forward observer, and then has ONE gun in his battery fire ONE shell - this is called the "@#&$ shot".  Inevitably, this shot will miss high or low - the observer relays further data, the battery commander corrects, and fires a second shot.  This one usually also misses - but if the @#&$ shot went high, the second shot will usually go low and vice versa.  This is called the "ranging shot".  Now that the battery commander has range, elevation, and windage from the two missed shots, he can calculate the midpoint - AKA the target's location - and does so, then has his whole battery make rubble, then make the rubble bounce. 

Haha! That's a good analogy.

Edited by Shadow-Blades