The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Faction Concept] Return of the Black Seed V 2.0

FoxFX

“We believed in a lie. We were trapped in a promise of fortune. We fled from deceit and found a new power…a new faith…thanks to a delusional coward. Now we are chosen as he was…chosen to multiply its strength.”

“Among the stars are envoys tug by opposing forces. Their flesh belongs to the countless, yet they revoke their destiny. But soon, they too shall consume.”

“We are the Black Seed…messengers of the Infested…foes to the falsehood of the Board…liberators to the Tenno…and with these grains we harbor…WE WILL SPREAD!”

J9i075O.jpg

(Above Picture: Aerisi, Leader of the Black Seed)

WHAT ARE THE BLACK SEED? (Also see: HERE FOR MORE DETAILS)

• In the Tactical Alert Mission: Black Seed Scourge, we are introduced to a sect of Corpus operatives that were responsible for releasing the Juggernaut Behemoth
  • (THIS VERSION): Mutalist Alad V did not take the Black Seed’s insurgency into his lab too well. As punishment, he sent the Mutalist to attack and destroy the remaining members after the events of the Black Seed Scourge. However, the ones that were attack survived and were converted into beings similar to Alad V.
  • After assimilating the Infested Virus, the members of the Black Seed begin to hear voices in which they reaffirmed themselves to be the voice of their true deity.

HIDDEN ORIGIN OF THE BLACK SEED

• Originally Corpus merchants, they were however highly unsuccessful in making profit. Thanks to the growing emergence of the Tenno and their popularity and target for investments, many Corpus merchants could not catch up to the newer technology and many were put to bankruptcy. With no aid from the Corpus Board and Frohd Bek, they resolved the ideals of “Profit” to be a lie and in frustration threatened the lives of prosperous Corpus officials in order to survive. In retaliation, the Corpus Board forced them into banishment and soon, under the leadership of Aerisi, they formed the group known as “Black Seed.” Their primary goal is retribution against Corpus beliefs.

BLACK SEED ENEMY CONCEPTS

• Black Seed members are generally unique-looking Corpus crewmen that have molds of the Infested on parts of their bodies.
  • BATTLE MECHAINIC: When inflicted with enough traumas, their bodies have a chance to mutate in an accelerating rate forming more lethal infested-appendages to utilize for dangerous combat tactics.
  • Black Seed members can become NPC for Infested Spy Missions and Rescue Missions. They can also be the ones responsible for Infested Invasions.
  • HEALTH CLASS: Black Seed members have INFESTED SINEW and SHIELD as Health
  • WEAPONRY AND ATTACKS: Black Seed members wield majorly Corpus-Mutalist weaponry (like the Paracyst/Mutalist Quanta). In the chance that a Black Seed Crewman mutates due to trauma, they discard their weapon and rely more on close combat as they are driven in a maddening rage.

BLACK SEED MEMBER CLASSES/HEIRARCHY

• More will be done in-depth, but 3 general classes of Black Seed is most likely to be done: Viscounts, Trappers, Hunters.

IMAGES OF BLACK SEED MEMBERS

• The picture above is the image of the Leader of the Black Seed Aerisi. In due time, I will try to add in more Black Seed members into the thread.
  • The picture below is an image of my past Black Seed renderings:

ufnfgAZ.jpg

(Black Seed Trooper or "Hunters")

SRidstW.jpg

(Previous Sigil of the Black Seed)

ADDITIONAL BLACK SEED QUOTES/MESSAGES:

"We were promised fortune and prosperity, but we were robbed out of a false hope. In the growth, we have found a new way, a new path, a new master."

"Why do you continue to resist your nature, Tenno? Can you not hear the voices even now?"

"Alad V showed us the path; the true power to pray to. And yet he abandoned it. Why?"

"We feel its desires, we will answer its beckon. We will plant the future of this world as it spreads like wildfire!"

PREVIOUS THREAD: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/556383-enemy-group-concept-return-of-the-black-seed/

Edited by FoxFX

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Hello, Becky? Ah, there we are. Sorry for the intrusion, but it appears we may have a...um..."small problem."

302px-Frohd_Bek_Rap_A.K.A._Roll_Outlaw_O

FROHD BEK: (With tone of small annoyance)What "small problem," Alad?

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Oh nothing to big. It is just that...um...well...(clears throat)...Remember the incident with the Juggernaut Behemoths?

FROHD BEK: You are talking about those failures the Black Seed? The Tenno dealt with them. The matter is over.

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: FAR from over I'm afraid. I didn't take their meddling into my laboratory back then and well...I may have "converted" them. In lamen terms, they have become what I was.

FROHD BEK: So they are just as lost as you were? Why should this be my concern?

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Well, it couldn't be your concern...unless they are plotting an operation to spread the infestation even further. They have been making some movements in and out of the Derelicts. I don't know what they are potting but I assure you if they are left alone, we will soon regret it. Might want to dial "Tenno" before its too late.

Edited by FoxFX

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Hello, Becky? Ah, there we are. Sorry for the intrusion, but it appears we may have a...um..."small problem."

FROHD BEK: (With tone of small annoyance)What "small problem," Alad?

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Oh nothing to big. It is just that...um...well...(clears throat)...Remember the incident with the Juggernaut Behemoths?

FROHD BEK: You are talking about those failures the Black Seed? The Tenno dealt with them. The matter is over.

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: FAR from over I'm afraid. I didn't take their meddling into my laboratory back then and well...I may have "converted" them. In lamen terms, they have become what I was.

FROHD BEK: So they are just as lost as you were? Why should this be my concern?

1viu6cH.png

ALAD V: Well, it couldn't be your concern...unless they are plotting an operation to spread the infestation even further. They have been making some movements in and out of the Derelicts. I don't know what they are potting but I assure you if they are left alone, we will soon regret it. Might want to dial "Tenno" before its too late.

I say yes

Updating Goal

So far, I am trying to setup what you might call "elite factions" from the three main enemy factions we face:

GRINEER: They have the Nightwatch Corps (LINK: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nightwatch_Corps) which were introduced in Project Undermine Tactical Alert

CORPUS: In the future, I will work up an "elite enemy faction" for the Corpus, but so far I'd say that the Comba are the closest candidates

INFESTED: Using the Black Seed as an infected bio-terrorist group set out to further the spread of the Infested.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Within a couple of days, there will be a new design for the enemy Black Seed Troops.

The idea for this particular design is to make them appear nothing like the Corpus but also show some corrosion of Mutalist/Infested growth. How their fighting style will be is still up for grabs