The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope And Bladed Rounds On Paris Prime And Dread

Bikerbud89

Question

The main weapons I use are Paris Prime and dread depending on faction, and I mod them both the same way. Serration, point strike, Vital sense, Speed trigger, (currently trying) bladed rounds, and then my elemental mods. After reading the wiki it seems like Argon scope applies its crit chance before calculating the damage. " (its not worded the best in my opinion), but my question is would it be worth it to use both argon scope and bladed rounds? the way I mod I can easily fit one, but two would mean I can only have two elemental mods. mainly just wanting to hear some outside thoughts on this.

9 answers to this question

so far I only use Bladed Rounds on my Paris Prime, Argon Scope is very nice if you are competent at headshots. however, given a choice between the two, I would use Bladed Rounds for anything other than really high level stuff (Sorties, T4 survival going on for a while, that sort of thing.) for those high level missions, I would try to find a way to use both, but elementals a extremely important. definitely don't drop those. if you could only use one in end game, I'd still choose Bladed Rounds. the Argon scope's crit chance is nice, but with <100% crit chance on both weapons, I'd prefer the boost to crit damage. That said, I haven't tested these two mods against higher level missions, these are just my off-the-cuff observations.

Edited by RunningFox

Using Point Strike together with Argon Scope will push you deeper into the red crit zone. I hope you know that the crit chance above 100% applies to red crit chance. Dread is one of the weapons that can achieve a nearly 200% crit chance. Vital Sense and Bladed rounds on the other hand will improve your dmg potental by rocketing your crit multiplier. For the elementals, i only use 2 mods and stick to corrosive most of the time, because bows do so much dmg that you can one shot everything anyway. For Corpus you could put magnetic in, while staying with corrosive for everything else.

Using Point Strike together with Argon Scope will push you deeper into the red crit zone. I hope you know that the crit chance above 100% applies to red crit chance. Dread is one of the weapons that can achieve a nearly 200% crit chance. Vital Sense and Bladed rounds on the other hand will improve your dmg potental by rocketing your crit multiplier. For the elementals, i only use 2 mods and stick to corrosive most of the time, because bows do so much dmg that you can one shot everything anyway. For Corpus you could put magnetic in, while staying with corrosive for everything else.

actually, viral and fire is best against infested, and I believe the Ancient Healers even take reduced damage from corrosive, correct me if i'm wrong.

As far as elemental mods go Grineer I use heat and electric for rad plus toxic(for the bonus to ferrit armor) on the paris( if I can get priecing cal I swap it out in place of toxic as it will give a boost to both armor types). then corpus I use magnetic and toxic on paris, infested use the dread with corrosive then heat, in the void I use the paris with corrosive and cold(for bonus to sheilds and alloy armor), but thanks guys that gave me some insight.

actually, viral and fire is best against infested, and I believe the Ancient Healers even take reduced damage from corrosive, correct me if i'm wrong.

Viral gets -50% on some infested(http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Infested) and no bonus to anything else. then corrosive gets +75% to ancients (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Fossilized) and no minuses to the others.