Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission specific rooms

eelektrik

I would like to see certain major missions, Assassinations for one, get some unique rooms that are in the same style as the tileset but unique to that mission. Take the Jackal boss fight for instance, I have not seen the room you fight Jackal in used in any other mission, but the other boss fights are very often in identical, commonly used rooms. Giving each boss fight a unique room to fight in would make each one more distinct, but the idea of having unique rooms for missions does not have to be limited to boss fights. There could be things tied to a specific mission that might have lore significance once that type of content is being fleshed out and added and make certain other missions stand out in that regard. It doesn't have to be every mission using the tileset, but certain key points the devs want to make memorable/important.

Bosses having their own themed rooms would definitely help alleviate the repetitiveness that the game currently has. Once multiple tile-sets are added, missions with the same basic objectives will feel different. But bosses still feel very generic other than Jackal. Implementing some better designed encounters and rooms will make the fights feel much more satisfying to complete, especially on the first kill.

I would love to see more bosses which require you to to be alert and use line of sight and jumps. Some of the features I feel would help out tremendously I will list below..

* Weak point targeting being more important.

* Multi-phase bosses.

* Use of environmental hazards to trigger boss events such as kiting it onto ice to lower it's shields for X seconds, set number of ice patches, so it becomes a dps check for group.

* Test player alertness more, jumping shock waves, LOS'ing missile attacks, have adds which require target swapping etc.

Really just think what makes PVE bosses in other games so engaging and try to adapt the encounter designs over to fit in a FPS setting.

Edited by Devlin1991

Bosses having their own themed rooms would definitely help alleviate the repetitiveness that the game currently has. Once multiple tile-sets are added, missions with the same basic objectives will feel different. But bosses still feel very generic other than Jackal. Implementing some better designed encounters and rooms will make the fights feel much more satisfying to complete, especially on the first kill.

I would love to see more bosses which require you to to be alert and use line of sight and jumps. Some of the features I feel would help out tremendously I will list below..

* Weak point targeting being more important.

* Multi-phase bosses.

* Use of environmental hazards to trigger boss events such as kiting it onto ice to lower it's shields for X seconds, set number of ice patches, so it becomes a dps check for group.

* Test player alertness more, jumping shock waves, LOS'ing missile attacks, have adds which require target swapping etc.

Really just think what makes PVE bosses in other games so engaging and try to adapt the encounter designs over to fit in a FPS setting.

Totally agree, Jackal's room is great(even though it seems a bit ...empty). I was surprised when i first saw it, since even Hyena has a common room for encounters. Anyway apart from the room itself, i think boss fights should be emphasized a bit more with something like: boss dedicated soundtrack, boss energy bar on top of Hud, more visual and audio feedback for bosses ultimate moves(like jackal's shockwaves and missiles or when other bosses use Tenno-Like abilities).