The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How It Feels To Use Equinox's 'duality' Augment

Ailith

so what you are saying is that a base of seven seconds for a specter to spawn is worth a mod slot instead of a specter that stays with you infinitely through a mission at the cost of minimal resources. glad to know we are on the same page.

I can't tell if you're joking or not. That's sounds very unbalanced if it spawns something that stays with you infinitely with minimal cost. If you take a look at other abilities that 'summons' allies, not even they last forever.

I've been using Duality for a few days now, my thoughts on it... IT'S AWESOME. Clearly you can't use a 4th ability build nor is it intended for it so idk why people are complaining. You will have to build around it, period. Like some other frames augments. Have you guys truly used it extensively? Yes it has a short duration, but think about what you get in return.

My unforma'd build has a duration of 15 seconds. Though I could and maybe should extend it more, I prefer keeping it this way because I like having high efficiency. This way, I can resummon her easily at minimal cost. Want her to melee? No problem, easy switch. Not only does she have a %300+ damage boost, she can use any weapon you're holding atm. She's your best buddy who will watch your back when you need to heal someone or hack a console or solo a mission. She's a mobile Chroma Effigy, or at least a better sentry imo. It's like she's using aimbot. Some weapons just aren't as good as others on her though. Because her AI, especially her aim/accuracy fking sucks and that's more important than duration.

Speaking of duration, maybe I should just lower her efficiency because I always have plenty of energy leftover now especially with energy siphon working without Maim. I no longer bother using Maim, and that's completely fine because who said I had to use it and that there's only 1 build or 1 ability for Equinox in the first place... This reminds me of despoil Nekros vs summon Nekros. Although I don't use Maim, I still use Mend. Yes that's right, the other half of her 4th ability. I can still easily use it for the heal thanks to high efficiency and duration.

Edited by SunsetChaos

I can't tell if you're joking or not. That's sounds very unbalanced if it spawns something that stays with you infinitely with minimal cost. If you take a look at other abilities that 'summons' allies, not even they last forever.

I've been using Duality for a few days now, my thoughts on it... IT'S AWESOME. Clearly you can't use a 4th ability build nor is it intended for it so idk why people are complaining. You will have to build around it, period. Like some other frames augments. Have you guys truly used it extensively? Yes it has a short duration, but think about what you get in return.

My unforma'd build has a duration of 15 seconds. Though I could and maybe should extend it more, I prefer keeping it this way because I like having high efficiency. This way, I can resummon her easily at minimal cost. Want her to melee? No problem, easy switch. Not only does she have a %300+ damage boost, she can use any weapon you're holding atm. She's your best buddy who will watch your back when you need to heal someone or hack a console or solo a mission. She's a mobile Chroma Effigy, or at least a better sentry imo. It's like she's using aimbot. Some weapons just aren't as good as others on her though. Because her AI, especially her aim/accuracy fking sucks and that's more important than duration.

Speaking of duration, maybe I should just lower her efficiency because I always have plenty of energy leftover now especially with energy siphon working without Maim. I no longer bother using Maim, and that's completely fine because who said I had to use it and that there's only 1 build or 1 ability for Equinox in the first place... This reminds me of despoil Nekros vs summon Nekros. Although I don't use Maim, I still use Mend. Yes that's right, the other half of her 4th ability. I can still easily use it for the heal thanks to high efficiency and duration.

Fairly certain that he is talking about things like the Cosmic Spectres that you can get from Rescue missions or the various Syndicate ones you can get such as the Shield Ospreys and other things; these stay around until they are killed, and doesn't cost a lot of resources to build.

I enjoyed the Duality mod, though, even with the short duration. It was neat to play with, but I have never played Equinox very in-depth before anyways... Just reading through the abilities though makes it look like the first 3 abilities are key, and the mod promotes a more focused playstyle while popping back and forth between forms. I dunno, I think it looks pretty legit as-is.

Most of what I've seen on here are people upset that they can't have cake and ice-cream at the same time.

Fairly certain that he is talking about things like the Cosmic Spectres that you can get from Rescue missions or the various Syndicate ones you can get such as the Shield Ospreys and other things; these stay around until they are killed, and doesn't cost a lot of resources to build.

I enjoyed the Duality mod, though, even with the short duration. It was neat to play with, but I have never played Equinox very in-depth before anyways... Just reading through the abilities though makes it look like the first 3 abilities are key, and the mod promotes a more focused playstyle while popping back and forth between forms. I dunno, I think it looks pretty legit as-is.

Most of what I've seen on here are people upset that they can't have cake and ice-cream at the same time.

Except those are consumables and irrelevant to abilities. It would be like comparing restores to Trinity's abilities. Using spectres does consume some resource to make. Or points to buy from syndicates. On the other hand, all Duality costs is some minor energy and you can keep resummoning if it dies or even low health, unlike regular spectres which are consumed each use.

And get this, you can use Duality and spectres. Awesome right? No one said you had to use one or the other.