The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming: What To Prioritize

MustrdPudn

Question

11 answers to this question

Easiest way for fast progress would be farming for ember from mars assasination than building hek or tonkor. With few mods ember allows You to progress through most of the content wihtout a sweat. Later excavations for golden mods and void keys,

At this point, there are many things you will need to do.  Start with trying any new weapons and frames that interest you and rank them up as this will apply to mastery rank and unlock new stuff for you.  Play and unlock as many of the planets and nodes as you can.  You will need to do boss fights to get to other planets which offer other resources and more bosses.  Unlocking (completing) nodes (tiles) also gives mastery points.  Do the quests available to you in the codex, you should have two or three by now.  They give some story are can be fun too.

You may want to look into joining a clan sometime soon.  A clan offers warframes and weapons only available through dojo research.  Clans also tend to be supportive and can help you with missions, advise, or even give-a-ways sometimes.

There is really so much more, but this will give you a good start.

I'd say unlock planets. As you unlock planets you'll gain access to more of the boss fights which will in turn drop other frames that you can use. Also, you'll be able to access alerts or other specialty missions (I suppose people do taxi those though). Higher level planets also have some enemies that usually aren't on the lower planets.

Although perhaps doing the Quest missions (if you haven't finished them) would be best. Unlocks various content like Warframes, Archwing(needed for Uranus), and Kubrows.

Aim for getting as much as the star chart as possible, collecting any weapons or frames that interest you/ easy to build along the way. this way you'll gain a fair bit of mastery as well as unlocking certain missions that at some point may be the host to alerts with rewards that you might need. all in all though, just have fun with it and try to make some friends and you'll do just fine

Easiest way for fast progress would be farming for ember from mars assasination than building hek or tonkor. With few mods ember allows You to progress through most of the content wihtout a sweat. Later excavations for golden mods and void keys,

I thought mag was from Mars, or did thy change it?

On reading this thread it's good to know that myself and my friends are heading in the correct direction (if thats a thing).

The four of us have started our own little clan, started building rooms and a trading post in the Dojo and begun unlocking as many planets as we can (although lack of Forma is an issue for all of the building we do).

We've done all nodes on mercury, taken the fastest path to assassination on Venus as one of my friends is a tank superfan and wanted rhino. Gone through the fastest route to assassination on Saturn as I really wanted Ember (Sargus Ruk was a pain in the backside, but we got there) and we have done the same for Valkr too. Our new frames are now all cooking nicely in the foundry as we farmed for materials together once we knew what we needed.

My intention next is to start looking at weapons. Ideally I want to build an oracle room and labs in our dojo so we can begin researching. Now our second war frames are on the way, we also plan to head back to venus/earth etc and just hop from node to node to get them all done, as we bypassed a few on the way to assasination missions. We're all mastery rank 2 so its early days, we can't join the factions, we don't understand mods at all, or builds, were still in that stage of auto equipping stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to say an indirect thanks to all on these forums, although I've only been lurking, I've picked up a tonne of info.

Cheers guys.

Edited by (XB1)pixelmagic

I suggest Rhino for a new frame (found on venus boss, very simple fight). He's easy to learn, tanky, great for progressing quickly and will help push you through the planets fairly quickly.

Just do the planets in order.

If you can get ahold of a Rhino Prime and/or Boltor Prime then I suggest you do so quickly before they are vaulted.

Do Dark Sectors/Excavations for void key farming.

Rank up mods and have fun.

On reading this thread it's good to know that myself and my friends are heading in the correct direction (if thats a thing).

The four of us have started our own little clan, started building rooms and a trading post in the Dojo and begun unlocking as many planets as we can (although lack of Forma is an issue for all of the building we do).

We've done all nodes on mercury, taken the fastest path to assassination on Venus as one of my friends is a tank superfan and wanted rhino. Gone through the fastest route to assassination on Saturn as I really wanted Ember (Sargus Ruk was a pain in the backside, but we got there) and we have done the same for Valkr too. Our new frames are now all cooking nicely in the foundry as we farmed for materials together once we knew what we needed.

My intention next is to start looking at weapons. Ideally I want to build an oracle room and labs in our dojo so we can begin researching. Now our second war frames are on the way, we also plan to head back to venus/earth etc and just hop from node to node to get them all done, as we bypassed a few on the way to assasination missions. We're all mastery rank 2 so its early days, we can't join the factions, we don't understand mods at all, or builds, were still in that stage of auto equipping stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to say an indirect thanks to all on these forums, although I've only been lurking, I've picked up a tonne of info.

Cheers guys.

Welcome to Warframe!

I'd really recommend figuring out modding as it's probably one of the most important aspects to be effective. The auto-install (from what I remember) really isn't that great.

For learning stuff I'd recommend either checking the Warframe wiki and/or watching a few of the Warframe veterans on Youtube.

Tactical Potato has a couple of videos recently aimed at helping newer players here:

Mogamu is also another Warframe veteran that I watch (there are others though, so find one or more you prefer). They give helpful reviews of weapons and warframes so that you can preview each of their strengths and weaknesses before dedicating yourself one way or another.

Edited by Maicael