Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hot Potatoe! [New Mission Type Suggestion]

Keiiken

A variation on the deception missions where the item retrieved is dangerous and can only be carried for short time before the Warframe's shield and then health start to be depleted forcing them to drop it. Due to the higher difficulty the reward would be scaled of course and this mission type could be limited to the void only.

....why?

I know the question doesn't add much to the topic, but I honestly can't see why something like that should be added. It seems like it would do nothing more than interrupt the flow of the deception style missions, and I've never cared much or seen reason for such flow disruptors.

Its not a replacement for the Deception missions its a new type to add another element of difficulty. The flow disruption is the point, either the team has to wait on the person carrying the potato to recover or swap people carrying it. Kind of like the mobile defense except the players determine the stopping points and how long.

Edited by Keiiken

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it would replace deception missions. I do get that the flow disruption is the point, but I don't understand why you would think that is a good idea. It doesn't really make anything harder/challenging, just slightly more time consuming. Not even time consuming enough to have much of an effect in the end, as you can drop and pick up a datamass pretty damn quickly.

[edit] typos, typos everywhere

Edited by RyojinOrion

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it would replace deception missions. I do get that the flow disruption is the point, but I don't understand why you would think that is a good idea. It doesn't really make anything harder/challenging, just slightly more time consuming. Not even time consuming enough to have much of an effect in the end, as you can drop and pick up a datamass pretty damn quickly.

[edit] typos, typos everywhere

How about if you place down the Datamass a horde of enemies come towards you as well as the ones that are currently spawned?  This means you make the decision of continuing to press on while taking damage and avoid the mass wave of enemies for as long as possible or you can take on the mass wave of enemies and take less damage from the object you are carrying.

How about if you place down the Datamass a horde of enemies come towards you as well as the ones that are currently spawned?  This means you make the decision of continuing to press on while taking damage and avoid the mass wave of enemies for as long as possible or you can take on the mass wave of enemies and take less damage from the object you are carrying.

An intelligent player wouldn't drop it in a place where they could be overwhelmed easily, and it is pretty easy to clear out enemies or just dodge them. Making the item start to damage you after a short time doesn't add much at all.

And really, I think it would encourage rushing quite a bit. I mean, why take your time clearing out enemies when at any second the item you are holding could start hurting you in addition to the enemies trying to hurt you? Why not just run as quickly as you can to the end so that you don't have to worry about it?