Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Might Save This Game

ZWarhammer

You will eventually get to the point where you've been farming for months and then suddenly they change a bunch of stuff that requires you to farm more stuff in a less efficient way than before.
That can become a chore really fast.
Right now i'm exhausted.
I probably won't go back to farming the new clan weapons till they fix the rare resource drops rates and increase drops rates for plastids.
I would really love to be able to play some pvp with my friends meanwhile and have some fun but as it stands it really does't offer much and gets boring quite fast.
This might seem controversial to some people and obviously not all think the same way but i'm just saying it might help keep a good chunk of players playing this game while they are exhausted with farming like i am.
You can now proceed with your comments of the 100 ways you wish me dead right now might give me a laugh or two.

If you're interested i can link you to a thread i'v come up with on how to improve pvp experience https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/59501-dueling-ideas-suggestions-improvements/#entry619720

Edit: just wanted to point something out. The biggest problem with this game right now is that if you decide to stop farming for a bit and have fun you quickly realize that there is almost nothing to do.  Your life has been dedicated to farming up till now and now it's empty space.

I would go do some endless defense with my buddies but none of us can be arsed to sit there for 50 waves to get Hellfire mod as a reward xD

No this is not a " EHMAGERD THE SKY IS FALLING" type of a thread i'm just trying to help this game out by pointing out the obvious.

Same as PVE RNG needs a lot of improving same goes to PVP dueling.

Edited by ZWarhammer

No dedicated PvP. PvP as a clan activity is fine, and if players demand it, chances are that they will add a few more "modes" for the clan PvP, but please no dedicated arena style PvP where everybody fights everybody. That can ruin games.

I'm not asking for much but as it stands it's really plain so it would be nice if they added some features in the downtime, of course pve content comes first and i'm ok with that but since you showed as a cookie why not make that cookie taste good ?

"You will eventually get to the point where you've been farming for months and then suddenly they change a bunch of stuff that requires you to farm more stuff in a less efficient way than before."

Exactly why I'm not playing Warframe anymore. Good thing there are many other games, so I don't really care to complain.

"You will eventually get to the point where you've been farming for months and then suddenly they change a bunch of stuff that requires you to farm more stuff in a less efficient way than before."

Exactly why I'm not playing Warframe anymore. Good thing there are many other games, so I don't really care to complain.

I'm ok with farming but i'm not ok with it if that's the only thing i get to do :(

You realize that all of the farming this game requires you to do soaks out some much fun out off it in the end when you got all of that stuff made and then there is way less fun left in the game because you mostly discovered everything or used wiki to gather the info to help with your farming :(

This game needs either difficult pve content with less rng or some more focus on pvp and clan activities.

This makes me really sad cause i love this game and i don't want the fun to end :(

Edited by ZWarhammer

You can't expect to play a game forever. Not every game, not even most games. People will play, and farm, and have their fun, and move on. DE will move on too, and they'll make their next big game.

A PVP endgame isn't mandatory for every game out there.

You can't expect to play a game forever. Not every game, not even most games. People will play, and farm, and have their fun, and move on. DE will move on too, and they'll make their next big game.

A PVP endgame isn't mandatory for every game out there.

I am saying that i would be a nice edition plus i'm not sure if you noticed but this game is still in BETA! DE can't just stop the development for this now and move on and more to the point they will not do that! abandoning something that generates revenue and has a potential for even bigger success in the future is just dumb and DE won't do that! they are expanding to PS4 for christ sake.

DE_Steve mentioned that he does't want this game be just based on farming so the other two viable options are either focusing on clan activities of which pvp is one of them or adding a more challenging PVE end game content that requires teamwork.

Eh, they're doing a good job introducing PvP into the game, and in a rather ingenious way, to make it so it's prompting you to join a clan and participate in the multitude of extra bits with the Dojo in order to experience a little friendly PvP within clans.

That's good. Add more modes maybe. Maybe add a competitive obstacle time-attack parkour course. Complete with lasers! That's good.

Just isn't a priority right now.

As for saving the game? It doesn't need to be saved. It's good as it is and is progressively getting better!

Eh, opinion? PvP doesn't have to be introduced more than it already has, besides I feel like there has to be some HEAVY balancing in order to include it.

F*** no, the Dojo dueling has done enough damage to this game already (hooray for perfectly fine abilities getting nerfed because they don't carry over to PvP) we don't need any more.

Watch the stream. They said they would not alter PVE for sake of PVP if you're still crying about the Rhino nerf it is clearly mentioned that that nerf had nothing to do with pvp and was just considered over powered.

Take off your tunnel vision glasses and actually look at what i'm saying here!

F*** no, the Dojo dueling has done enough damage to this game already (hooray for perfectly fine abilities getting nerfed because they don't carry over to PvP) we don't need any more.

They've said already that nerfs towards skills have absolutely nothing to do with pvp. Warframe is strictly pve, and they are NOT going to rebalance it for the meager, taped on pvp they added to the game. They only added it to give egotistical e-penor enthusiasts their fun.

Eh, they're doing a good job introducing PvP into the game, and in a rather ingenious way, to make it so it's prompting you to join a clan and participate in the multitude of extra bits with the Dojo in order to experience a little friendly PvP within clans.

That's good. Add more modes maybe. Maybe add a competitive obstacle time-attack parkour course. Complete with lasers! That's good.

Just isn't a priority right now.

As for saving the game? It doesn't need to be saved. It's good as it is and is progressively getting better!

Eh, opinion? PvP doesn't have to be introduced more than it already has, besides I feel like there has to be some HEAVY balancing in order to include it.

I can't quite agree on this i'm afraid.

Advertising the game as it having a legit PVP mode is only gonna bring in more players interested in that stuff it is a completely separate product and does't have to effect the PVE in any way shape or form.

Once again i have to keep explaining this to everyone for some reason.

I'm not saying have pvp as main focus! pve comes first they can work on pvp in the downtime cause there clearly is a demand for it! you don't own this game a single person does't decide whether it's a good idea to have it or not but there clearly is a demand for it so including that in a decent format is't a bad idea.

Right now this game has no working pvp if you want to prove me wrong try beating my rhino with any other class it just won't work.

Right now saying that this game has a working pvp would be false advertising.

A pvp would be fun where everyone has the same abilities ( though your frame looks the class it is), same hp & armor & shield

And everyone starts with the same weapons and there would be weapons scattered all over the map (just like unreal tournament)

It could be team vs team or deathmatch or even some objective pvp.

I wouldn't mind implementing an alpha on it.

It only needs a map ( could be a doubled up defense map ) and the ability to pick up weapons.

The hard part would be having a server which is strong enough to handle 8 - 16 players.

This way everyone can try out different weapons + have some real challange against thinking enemies.

A pvp would be fun where everyone has the same abilities ( though your frame looks the class it is), same hp & armor & shield

And everyone starts with the same weapons and there would be weapons scattered all over the map (just like unreal tournament)

It could be team vs team or deathmatch or even some objective pvp.

I wouldn't mind implementing an alpha on it.

It only needs a map ( could be a doubled up defense map ) and the ability to pick up weapons.

The hard part would be having a server which is strong enough to handle 8 - 16 players.

This way everyone can try out different weapons + have some real challange against thinking enemies.

was't exactly my focus but if you're interested in that kinda stuff i already have some ideas posted in the link that i provided in this thread.