Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us Back Our Invincibility!

ProfessorMeeseeks

I am so sick and tired of this. Why the hell did DE take away the invincibility during ults? This was probably their dumbest change they've made yet. You are a sitting duck while you use your ult. I am sick of dying because my ult makes me immobile and I am still able to take damage. Give this back to us DE. I know I am not the only one who is not happy with this change.

I am so sick and tired of this. Why the hell did DE take away the invincibility during ults? This was probably their dumbest change they've made yet. You are a sitting duck while you use your ult. I am sick of dying because my ult makes me immobile and I am still able to take damage. Give this back to us DE. I know I am not the only one who is not happy with this change.

dont spam it?

use it ... when it's needed

they said no panic buton and i love it

dont spam it?

use it ... when it's needed

they said no panic buton and i love it

Who said I spam it? I don't spam it. I use it when it is needed. But when your teammates are being stupid and aren't working together then you are basically a sitting duck. At least should take less damage while using an Ult.

and what frame is?

This is with every frame.

Real mature. Put words in my mouth. This has nothing to do with that.

Invincibility has everything to do with that.

Any conceivable problem one would experience with being vulnerable during ultimate skills can be circumvented by the tiniest bit of forethought and proper positioning before using the ultimate.

While pure invincibility during ultimates is a broken and abuseable get-out-of-jail-free action.

Simple fact of the matter is that, if you are getting killed while performing ultimates, start doing them in safer positions, either in places where enemies have difficult/take longer to reach you, or with your team, who can protect you in the process. You don't need the game to hold your hand to cross the street anymore.

Because butthurt PvPers

Any conceivable problem one would experience with being vulnerable during ultimate skills can be circumvented by the tiniest bit of forethought and proper positioning before using the ultimate.

While pure invincibility during ultimates is a broken and abuseable get-out-of-jail-free action.

Simple fact of the matter is that, if you are getting killed while performing ultimates, start doing them in safer positions, either in places where enemies have difficult/take longer to reach you, or with your team, who can protect you in the process. You don't need the game to hold your hand to cross the street anymore.

So, don't use ultimates is what you're saying? Because last time I checked if you're close enough to hit an enemy with your Ultimate, the enemy is close enough to hit you back. When you're knee-deep in enemies, there are no "safe" positions

Edited by Aeshi

I get killed during ults because of being shot at by everything on the other side of the map. Nothing I can do anything about. Completely taking away invincibilty was stupid. At the very least they need to add a 50% damage reduction.

Because butthurt PvPers

So, don't use ultimates is what you're saying? Because last time I checked if you're close enough to hit an enemy with your Ultimate, the enemy is close enough to hit you back, there are no "safe" positions

You grossly misinterpret my explanation. Depending on your enemy and the Warframe you are using, there are quite literally tons of options for using your ultimate that keep you in a safe zone. Most ultimates ignore cover, making pillars, railings or boxes ideal for covering your frame during the period of vulnerability. If you are facing Infested, any elevated area will require enemies to take the pathfinding time running towards you.

On the other hand, doing your ultimate on flat ground 5 feet away from the large group of enemies you intend to kill might get you downed in the process. Instead of whining about it and begging DE to make you invulnerable so you don't have to put any thought whatsoever about pressing your 4 key, learn to use terrain and the Warframe's ultimate's advantages to your advantage.

I get killed during ults because of being shot at by everything on the other side of the map. Nothing I can do anything about. Completely taking away invincibilty was stupid. At the very least they need to add a 50% damage reduction.

Why are you standing out in the open when you're obviously getting pounded by numerous units? Which frame are you using? Which ultimate are you using and what does it do? Ultimates aren't there to save your bacon when you're at 10 health and 10 shield and being targeted by 10 Lancers, they are there for their own purposes, usually to kill enemies.

Let's use your avatar frame as an example. Ember's World On Fire has a really long cast time, but the mechanics of WoF do not require you to be in line of sight of your enemy at any point. You can move freely after casting it, it works through walls, which also means it works through cover. If you are looking to use World on Fire to both save you from being killed when you are on your last legs WHILE also killing all of your enemies, you misunderstand the skills purpose. The better option would be using Overheat for the damage reduction, in Ember's case. It will certainly give you a better chance of surviving than casting WoF would in this situation.

Ultimate skills aren't here to hold your hand when you are getting beaten. Utility skills accomplish that role much more efficiently.

On the other hand, doing your ultimate on flat ground 5 feet away from the large group of enemies you intend to kill might get you downed in the process. Instead of whining about it and begging DE to make you invulnerable so you don't have to put any thought whatsoever about pressing your 4 key, learn to use terrain and the Warframe's ultimate's advantages to your advantage.

Why are you standing out in the open when you're obviously getting pounded by numerous units? Which frame are you using? Which ultimate are you using and what does it do? Ultimates aren't there to save your bacon when you're at 10 health and 10 shield and being targeted by 10 Lancers, they are there for their own purposes, usually to kill enemies.

Let's use your avatar frame as an example. Ember's World On Fire has a really long cast time, but the mechanics of WoF do not require you to be in line of sight of your enemy at any point. You can move freely after casting it, it works through walls, which also means it works through cover. If you are looking to use World on Fire to both save you from being killed when you are on your last legs WHILE also killing all of your enemies, you misunderstand the skills purpose. The better option would be using Overheat for the damage reduction, in Ember's case. It will certainly give you a better chance of surviving than casting WoF would in this situation.

Ultimate skills aren't here to hold your hand when you are getting beaten. Utility skills accomplish that role much more efficiently.

You are assuming I use my ult whenever I possibly can. I actually do the exact opposite. I use it when I need to use it. When there is a large group of enemies huddled in one area, The most efficient way is to use your ult. So while using your ult, the 3+ heavy gunners on the other side of the room can easily kill you. Especially when their is no "cover". Using an ult should NEVER result in you dying. Especially with how long some ults last. Also this "cover" you speak of, it is pretty pointless to use it when the enemies will run after you when you are not in their line of sight. Sol basically this "use cover" strategy is pointless.

You grossly misinterpret my explanation. Depending on your enemy and the Warframe you are using, there are quite literally tons of options for using your ultimate that keep you in a safe zone. Most ultimates ignore cover, making pillars, railings or boxes ideal for covering your frame during the period of vulnerability. If you are facing Infested, any elevated area will require enemies to take the pathfinding time running towards you.

Except that if the area you're in has enough cover for that to be plausible then they're not going to be clustered enough for your ultimate to hit more than a handful of people. In all the time I've played I've only ever seen enemies gather in Ultimate-worthy groups out in the open, and even then you have to move fast because they scatter like scared pigeons the moment you try to close the gap.

Only enemies who this tactic really applies to are light infested (and why would you waste 100 energy on light infested when a few taps of the melee button will take care of them?)

how can you die in your ult its out of my mind, since you kill everyone with your ult hence stun them the needed time

or you are planning bad before act, or you are reckless going leroooy against a large group of enemies

I take damage when I use my ults, but even not enough to drain my shields

maybe... learn to play

You are assuming I use my ult whenever I possibly can. I actually do the exact opposite. I use it when I need to use it. When there is a large group of enemies huddled in one area, The most efficient way is to use your ult. So while using your ult, the 3+ heavy gunners on the other side of the room can easily kill you. Especially when their is no "cover". Using an ult should NEVER result in you dying. Especially with how long some ults last. Also this "cover" you speak of, it is pretty pointless to use it when the enemies will run after you when you are not in their line of sight. Sol basically this "use cover" strategy is pointless.

Except that if the area you're in has enough cover for that to be plausible then they're not going to be clustered enough for your ultimate to hit more than a handful of people. In all the time I've played I've only ever seen enemies gather in Ultimate-worthy groups out in the open, and even then you have to move fast because they scatter like scared pigeons the moment you try to close the gap.

Only enemies who this tactic really applies to are light infested (and why would you waste 100 energy on light infested when a few taps of the melee button will take care of them?)

In other words, you want to use your ultimate in places that would normally kill you if you were to use the ultimate.

If those enemies are killing you as you use your ult, and you have no cover with which to use your ult behind, then it isn't the most efficient way to use your ult, because you are dieing. If you can't take the heat from their attacks while you cast, the don't just mash 4 the moment you see a group of enemies; look for a proper place to use your ultimate and if you can't, don't use it at all until you can, either relocating in the room or picking off enemies until the numbers are suitable and in your favor.

What sorts of enemies are living through your ultimate, anyway? If you're talking about how your ultimate won't save you from behind buttfuddled by a handful of lvl200 Ancients, then it's still working as intended. Ults are not meant to save you from dieing, they are normally meant to kill enemies. The two are not inclusive to one another. You are meant to adapt your strategies (in this case, proper use of your ultimate) around the game, not the other way around.

I don't see why you need it. The only frame I can think of with an ultimate that could POSSIBLY need invin is Banshee's, but she's a stealth frame, so go hide, hit the button, and then watch as they die. Mag might need it, but just pull a group of enemies over and then hit 4 and watch little fleshy balls appear.

Ults just kill things, that's just how they work, they don't need invinc, however nice it might be. You should be hitting everything with your ult, they should all be dead. It's a close-ish range AoE attack that kills everything, or most things. It's for those moments when your blood-splattered mind needs a dose of killing badly. Mass death for massive risk if you miss. That's prety much it.