The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Acanth, the Scavenger Frame

VansurKalis

This is Acanth, the scavenger.

He is adept at utilizing enemy equipment... even if it means ripping it off of their corpse.

Health: 150-250

Energy: 150-200

Shield: 100-200

Armor: 95-170

Ability 1: Grenade (25 Energy)

Throw a Grineer-made explosive, dealing Blast damage. It deals slightly less damage than the Tonkor.

Ability 2: Scavenge Armor (50 Energy)

Remove pieces of surrounding enemies' armor to add defense to yours. Along with showing random enemy armor on Acanth himself, removing Grineer armor gives you 40/50/60/80 Armor, along with giving you 50%/60%/80%/100% Ferrite armor.

Removing Corpus armor gives you 50/80/100/150 Shields, and 50%/60%/80%/100% Proto Shields.

Removing flesh and/or bone from Infested makes you 50%/60%/80%/100 Fossilized.

Each bonus slowly rises from the lowest amount to the highest, for example, acquiring one Grineer armor piece gives you 40 Armor. Acquiring another raises it to 50, and so on. The same effect goes with the Corpus and Infested bonuses.

For Corrupted enemies, their resistances are the same, so the bonuses are as well.

The effects last until the armor's defenses are breached, then their bonuses are lost.

Bodies last 2/5/8/10 seconds longer.

Ability 3: Looter's Luck (50 Energy)

Upon activation, the chances of less common resources/items dropping increases by 2x. The effect stacks, up to 10x.

The effect lasts for about two minutes.

Ability 4: Intelli-Shot (50 Energy, 10 per shot)

Summon a shotgun that determines its element by detecting the enemies nearby. It changes its element to one best suited for the enemies you're facing.

Acanth would be about an average body shape, being as tall as Chroma without his pelt. He wears a bandolier, which holds his grenades. His color scheme would utilize browns and beiges. His overall look would be similar to a male Mesa, with a single-horned, "halo"-less Longhorn helmet.

His part locations would be as follows:

Helm- Exterminate missions

Chassis- Survival missions

Systems- Spy missions

Blueprints- Hijack missions

Note: Acanth gets his name from Acanthaspis petax, a bug that uses dead insects' bodies as armor. The second ability pays homage to this.       His name is also shared with a level on Eris.

Edited by VansurKalis

Ok first of all how much damage does abilty one do, second ability 2 needs to be toned down a little or have a max armor/shield amount and the bodies might diapear before getting to them so add a passive that bodies last 5 seconds longer. And Intelli-shotgun sounds really cool.

I like his name and where it originated. I would tone down his second ability corpus shield it looks like once he gets three corpus bodies he could go on a killing spree and just accumulate thousands of shield so a max or a toned down version would help. Also would the shields look purple or like look based off of his energy color.

P.S does ability one rag doll enemies?

Edited by Wimaxe

Just based on how powerful the abilities are, the energy costs should be the average of 25-50-75 for the first three. The 4 seems okay as far energy goes. The only other issue I have is that his 1 and 4 don't really fit the scavenger theme. It seems like they would fit a vauban rework better.

No his ability one is completely scavenger he takes the grineer grenades.

Could possibly add to his lore while looking for things to scavenge he find a shotgun that was unprotected and he grabs it thinking he can sell it for a good amount but someone notices and he has to shoot the enemy he realizes right when he shoots it changes its element an epiphany pops in his head and knows what he can now do, he can kill then scavenge and repeat. Or something like that.

I would tone down his second ability corpus shield it looks like once he gets three corpus bodies he could go on a killing spree and just accumulate thousands of shield so a max or a toned down version would help.

P.S does ability one rag doll enemies?

Just based on how powerful the abilities are, the energy costs should be the average of 25-50-75 for the first three.

Alright, I toned down the abilities a bit and changed the energy costs for the first two. For the third, I'd want to make it easy for someone to gain the effects at rank 1-5, so I think that either 25-50 energy cost would be fair.

And, the grenade would have a chance to knock down an enemy.

Edited by VansurKalis

• 3 weeks later...