The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong And Ash Prime Build

BabyBomi

Question

Need some advice for these please :p

I assume bladestorm build for Ash, and I'm not sure for wukong. Do the mods on your melee affect bladestorm like it affects exalted blade?

And as a side note, radial javelin's augment increases melee damage, so it only affects exalted blade and your melee weapon right? Doesn't affect RJ?

Cheers

16 answers to this question

For Ash use a Dagger as your melee with covert lethality equipped to it.

My ash build is as follows : Primed Continuity maxed, Blind Rage maxed, Stretch maxed, Fleeting expertise (maxed to offset blind rage), Constitution maxed, Streamline maxed, Intensify maxed, Vitality (can be dropped for Flow or something else if you are comfortable without it), Steel charge aura and Cunning Drift maxed in Exilus.

Focuses on using Bladestorm often and keeps invis a viability for revives.

Edit : Wukong builds that work generally focus on keeping Defy up permanently.  I don't play him as such, I play him for his ult which is enjoyable to me, but my build for him isn't the ideal build.  As such I wouldn't feel good giving you advice on him.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Need some advice for these please :p

I assume bladestorm build for Ash, and I'm not sure for wukong. Do the mods on your melee affect bladestorm like it affects exalted blade?

And as a side note, radial javelin's augment increases melee damage, so it only affects exalted blade and your melee weapon right? Doesn't affect RJ?

Cheers

(Sorry for late reply) 

Don't know how to post a photo, but here is my build for Wukong

161% Duration

175% Efficiency

46% Range

130% Strength

Intensify

Primed Continuity (Or continuity)

Primed Flow (Or flow)

Narrow Minded

Vitality 

Fleeting Expertise

Rage

Streamline

Steel Charge (Aura)

This build is to maximize all your abilities, the only ability that really gets effected negatively is Iron Jab, with the range. Otherwise, it still does the job and does damage really close up. Even at high levels (40-50 even).

This build is for the use of your Defy and Primal Fury, use Defy when you need it most (IE: Low Health, or high level) and primal fury whenever. This build is quite well made for me, and I am quite happy. Wukongs problem is he is easily made in one build and one build only, using all abilities. Unlike other frames where you have other builds (Loki Invis compared to Disarm), it is easier, but kind of gets boring.

Remember that iron jab and primal fury use melee mods, that is why there is such a low percentage of power strength. Primal fury will mainly become a DPS ability more than a one attack kill on high levels.

Edited by VicariousRage

Leveled & sold my Wukong, don't like the playstyle myself. So no great advice on this one.

But I heard that Wukong's 2nd - Defy, has a sort of innate Quick Thinking, which if solely modded for it, can be quite tanky as Valkyr.

For Ash P, this is my Bladstorm build : 

k45cNoK.jpg

I use a maxed Arcane Trickery for some invisibility on Ash P, not to mention my Naramon Shadow Step + Dual Ichor procs even more invis on him.

But those are not necessary for him, go get those items only if you have spare time / money.

And for your side-note Q, short answer YES.

Leveled & sold my Wukong, don't like the playstyle myself. So no great advice on this one.

But I heard that Wukong's 2nd - Defy, has a sort of innate Quick Thinking, which if solely modded for it, can be quite tanky as Valkyr.

For Ash P, this is my Bladstorm build : 

k45cNoK.jpg

I use a maxed Arcane Trickery for some invisibility on Ash P, not to mention my Naramon Shadow Step + Dual Ichor procs even more invis on him.

But those are not necessary for him, go get those items only if you have spare time / money.

And for your side-note Q, short answer YES.

But do mods on ur melee affect bladestorm?

From the wiki:

I see, thanks

So why do people recommend equipping a dagger or a specific weapon, what bonus does that give

Edited by BabyBomi

I see, thanks

So why do people recommend equipping a dagger or a specific weapon, what bonus does that give

Daggers + Covert Lethality mod insta-kills enemies, regardless of level, upon Finishers. Ash's Teleport opens up said Finishers

For Ash use a Dagger as your melee with covert lethality equipped to it.

My ash build is as follows : Primed Continuity maxed, Blind Rage maxed, Stretch maxed, Fleeting expertise (maxed to offset blind rage), Constitution maxed, Streamline maxed, Intensify maxed, Vitality (can be dropped for Flow or something else if you are comfortable without it), Steel charge aura and Cunning Drift maxed in Exilus.

Focuses on using Bladestorm often and keeps invis a viability for revives.

Edit : Wukong builds that work generally focus on keeping Defy up permanently.  I don't play him as such, I play him for his ult which is enjoyable to me, but my build for him isn't the ideal build.  As such I wouldn't feel good giving you advice on him.

What's the point of having power strength if you have covert lethiality?

Had this question awhile back, from my understand at higher levels in survival and such certain tougher enemies will not die to blade storm as easily.  The teleport skill opens up any enemy to a finisher and when paired with covert kills anything no matter the level.

Teleport equates to an instant finisher.  Bladestorm does not.  When you hit 60 minutes in a T4, you'll be using Teleport and the extra damage from covert will 1 hit anything.

You'll still want the power strength for Bladestorm.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Daggers + Covert Lethality mod insta-kills enemies, regardless of level, upon Finishers. Ash's Teleport opens up said Finishers

So do you need a strong dagger? Or just any random dagger with covert lethality is fine.

Like my daggers aren't potato'ed so do I need a full build or just covert lethality is fine?

So do you need a strong dagger? Or just any random dagger with covert lethality is fine.

Like my daggers aren't potato'ed so do I need a full build or just covert lethality is fine?

Any dagger will work, regardless of rank and mods. It's just Covert Lethality that's important.

Anyway, for me I use this guy's build(

), along with Naramon and 1 set of Arcane Trickery. Naramon is really strong and I highly recommend that you get it. As for melee, I personally use War for Cleaving Whirlwind's 4x dmg. With the new melee mods from the event, I have stay invis, crit constantly, and have red crits all at the same time. This setup is sorta an BS-Melee hybrid. I can use BS to deal massive DoT with Bleeds and maintain my combo multiplier if I have to hit enemies at a distance with melee, and War will keep me alive by helping me stay invis and will deal more damage as I keep racking up my combo multiplier, which helps BS in return. Only thing that is left from perfecting my build is Arcane Fury but it's so dang expensive. :l

If you want a more normal build and not hardcore endgame, then go swap out Blind Rage with Intensify and Primed Flow for either Rage or Stretch, depending on preference.

Edited by Yazeth

Any dagger will work, regardless of rank and mods. It's just Covert Lethality that's important.

Anyway, for me I use this guy's build( ), along with Naramon and 1 set of Arcane Trickery. Naramon is really strong and I highly recommend that you get it. As for melee, I personally use War for Cleaving Whirlwind's 4x dmg. With the new melee mods from the event, I have stay invis, crit constantly, and have red crits all at the same time. This setup is sorta an BS-Melee hybrid. I can use BS to deal massive DoT with Bleeds and maintain my combo multiplier if I have to hit enemies at a distance with melee, and War will keep me alive by helping me stay invis and will deal more damage as I keep racking up my combo multiplier, which helps BS in return. Only thing that is left from perfecting my build is Arcane Fury but it's so dang expensive. :l

If you want a more normal build and not hardcore endgame, then go swap out Blind Rage with Intensify and Primed Flow for either Rage or Stretch, depending on preference.

Thanks bro :) I have naramon and I have war but I use tempo Royale instead. Does it matter if I don't use my melee much? Because I mainly use my primary. So is it okay if I use primary and BS simultaneously?

The only reason you recommend using melee is to get combo multiplier up right?

Edited by BabyBomi