The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Melee Weapon?

ScratchMatch

Question

6 answers to this question

it doesnt matter as the weapon is not taken into account for hysteria, but the mods are.....if that is what your looking for. Dual cleavers are great with the steel meridian augment and as a status build (though it can do crit builds well now with the latest event mods.)

it doesnt matter as the weapon is not taken into account for hysteria, but the mods are.....if that is what your looking for. Dual cleavers are great with the steel meridian augment and as a status build (though it can do crit builds well now with the latest event mods.)

Weapon Augments do not affect Hysteria. 

I build mine for Crit chance because Hysteria has a 50% to crit so I choose a weapon that was good for that as well(for quick melee) and went with the Tekko. They are also thematic and look really cool on her :)

I use the Galantine on my Valkyr. Since my build isn't quite perfect yet, there are times when I'm not using Hysteria, so I roll with the Big Sword. It's got the range and can cleave down several enemies with a well placed sliding attack. I put Fury on it to help with the slow swing speed.

But yeah like everyone else said, doesn't really matter what weapons you choose for Valkyr. It's all in the mods, so go with whatever you want!

Honestly?  Those three are similar enough it's personal preference based on stance and aesthetics.  However, Warcry gives you an insanely powerful attack speed buff, so Valkyr tends to work better with high damage per hit, slow attack speed weapons, as warcry on dual cleavers doesn't really get you anything - you can only hit E so fast.

The only thing worth noting is that Hysteria can't be buffed with crit chance, the 50% it has is constant. And I'm not sure on this, but heard the new event mods don't work on hysteria, exalted blade, or Primal Fury?

Yes the normal crit chance mods do work with hysteria http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

However, you are right that most of the new event mods do not.