The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Mods In Pvp?

Eriko123Yo

Question

So I have just started playing pvp, and I deal pretty much no damage. I always have like 2 kills and 30 deaths, and when I check the Arsenal there is a conclave mode, but my mods don't appear in that section, ony co-op.

After typing that up I realized that I have just made no sense so my final question is why do I deal little to no damage in pvp and why can't I use mods there?

3 answers to this question

No one can pve mods in Conclave. Or else everybody would be able to one-shoot everybody.

You can only use pvp exclusive mods that have little impact to the gameplay. You buy them from Teshin for Conclave standing rep (Teshin is like a syndicate) and you get some for completing matches.

Normal PvE mods can't be used in PvP. This is to even out the playing field for everyone, presumably, as before, when all mods were allowed, every shot was a one-hit kill from any distance.

There are mods you can use both in and out of PvP, and these are marked by a weird diamond symbol on the mod card.

The mods that -do- exist for PvP are few, and they don't drastically change gameplay if you do have them, but they are nice to have. It can be infuriating being ill-equipped against other much more well-modded players, but that's the state of PvP right now, you either soldier on or you don't.