The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties Are Possible To Do Solo (Details Inside)

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

Im making this to help anyone get through Sorties solo. (Since sometimes no one doesn't wonna link up to complete one) If you have a better setup to get through a Sortie condition/mission type. Post it below. I didn't include all the conditions/mission types. I just posted the ones I find hard to complete solo.

{Augmented Shields}

Mag with Shield Polerize. Synoid Simulor. Acrid probably also could be a good choice since it procs toxin & it bypasses shield.

{Augmented Armor}

All weapons ain't gonna cut it. Best bet is using Ivara & her Sleep Arrow & Excal Blind & hit em with melee for a finisher. Equinox & her sleep augment could be nice too since it spreads to nearby enemies. But I would still run with Ivara since she can cloak.

{Physical Dmg Resistance}

Finisher dmg won't be resisted. Frames that can blind & can put enemies to sleep are best for this. Also Ash Blade Storm is considered finisher dmg.

{Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Bows only}

I would recommend syndicate weapons of these types when doing solo. Syndicate effects come in handy especially doing solo

{Melee Only}

I personally use the Gunblade. When it comes down to this. But as long you have a frame to trigger finisher dmg (by blinding, put to sleep, or Ash) then your fine.

-Mission Type-

{Interception}

If the condition isn't Reduced Max Energy then Vauban is the frame to go. This one I had troubled with. I couldn't find which frame is best suited to do this solo. Nova & Loki couldn't cut it. Then I bring Vauban & kept the Bastilles up. I didn't really have to kill anyone. (Augment needed)

{Defense}

This one I'm still having trouble with solo. Specifically against the Grineer. Sometimes Frost don't cut it. Nyx kinda helps with her 1st & 3rd ability. Just to keep then off the defense objective But I still have trouble a bit.

*If you have any tips, concerns, questions, comments. Pls post below :)

5 answers to this question

For Interception solo bring a Frost with max range. Avalanche to freeze stuff and keep the map locked. Globe for pushing out enemies from the cap area if you lose towers and to give you time to cap at the start (place them in the direction of the spawn points to slow them whil capping the first time.

For Defense - Blessing Trinity works wonders, because she can survive and Bless the defense target. Smoke Shadow plus Rising Storm Ash works as well (duration build), you stealth the defense target and then Bladestirm the S#&$ out of everything that moves. I also like a Irradiated Disarm plus Safety Switch Loki, you Switch Teleport the target to make it invulnerable, and then Disarm and irradiate everything.

For Augmented Shields a Tonkor built for max Toxin damage kills everything (Infected Clip plus Malignant Force plus Promed or normal Bane of Corpus).

Aigmented Armour Banshee works well as well with Savage Silence.

Loki is great for interception. I've had no trouble with interception sorties, just use infinite invisibility build (max efficiency, energy siphon and as much duration as possible). Only kill enemies that mess with consoles. Also, if the condition is melee only, Redeemer can one shot anything from invisibility because of Loki's multiplier.

In infested sorties spam synoid simulor and stay out of reach. Ancients can still get you sometimes though. Speaking of ancients, stock up on ancient healer specters from New Loka.

Edit: totally forgot, before starting any grineer (mobile) defense, search the area for ramparts and destroy them. It's kinda obvious, but they hurt.

Edited by aband0n

Loki is great for interception. I've had no trouble with interception sorties, just use infinite invisibility build (max efficiency, energy siphon and as much duration as possible). Only kill enemies that mess with consoles. Also, if the condition is melee only, Redeemer can one shot anything from invisibility because of Loki's multiplier.

In infested sorties spam synoid simulor and stay out of reach. Ancients can still get you sometimes though. Speaking of ancients, stock up on ancient healer specters from New Loka.

Edit: totally forgot, before starting any grineer (mobile) defense, search the area for ramparts and destroy them. It's kinda obvious, but they hurt.

I've had trouble with Loki & Interception. It was this one Grinner tileset that put some distance between each tower. I couldn't cap one without an enemy capping the other. Then I tried Nova & just prime everything every minute or 2. But that ain't really work either. Last resort was Vauban & he actually pulled through. Of course I had to keep the Bastilles up. 20 energy pads later I end up winning. Lol but good tips on Ancient healer & ramparts.

For Interception solo bring a Frost with max range. Avalanche to freeze stuff and keep the map locked. Globe for pushing out enemies from the cap area if you lose towers and to give you time to cap at the start (place them in the direction of the spawn points to slow them whil capping the first time.

For Defense - Blessing Trinity works wonders, because she can survive and Bless the defense target. Smoke Shadow plus Rising Storm Ash works as well (duration build), you stealth the defense target and then Bladestirm the S#&$ out of everything that moves. I also like a Irradiated Disarm plus Safety Switch Loki, you Switch Teleport the target to make it invulnerable, and then Disarm and irradiate everything.

For Augmented Shields a Tonkor built for max Toxin damage kills everything (Infected Clip plus Malignant Force plus Promed or normal Bane of Corpus).

Aigmented Armour Banshee works well as well with Savage Silence.

Nice tips. I keep those in mind when doing Sorties & all else fails. Also I only done a Sortie defense once. All Sorties defences are protecting a target rather a pod??