Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Enough Mod Slots For Warframes

ZWarhammer

You all know that 4 of all the total mods slots are occupied by warframe abilities and now you can repolarize those slots and fit other mods in there but i'm sure most people won't do that.

Currently the amount of mods slots you have outside of those 4 occupied by frame abilities there is't much customization.

You're generally gonna put either ability enhancing mods or more defensive mods for tanky frames and you will probably try to squeeze in movement speed increasing mod so that your warframe is't incredibly slow.

This renders most of the side grade mods useless.

I suggest having a extra 4 mods slot very you can only apply side grade mods like enemy radar or master thief.

That would allow more customization and will actually encourage players to use those mods more often.

I know some of you will come out and say oh i use this or that mod very often.

Well yes some people do but i can guarantee you that most players don't bother with that stuff and even if they did that's all side grade stuff. There is no long term benefit of having enemy radar mod when there is an artifact that does that without occupying mod space that could be used for more useful mods.

Okay now feel free to spam,flame,murder etc

Peace.

Edited by ZWarhammer

I do agree with you on the lack of customization for frames. What I suggested in a much earlier thread, which didn't get much attention at all, is that war frames have 8 mod slots instead of 10, but change it so that abilities are NOT mods. Abilities can get unlocked and rank up with your warframes level like health, shields and energy, instead of being mods and ranking up via fusion. This way, a warframe has the same customization options as a weapon, and you can take ALL abilities into battle at once. I don't think this is OP at all.

Thoughts on this?

The actual number of slots gave some kind of restriction to prevent overpowered frames, in my opinion, I think that is good, there are already too many complains about the game being too easy, making the frames more powerful will do more damage than good, at least to the gameplay.

The actual number of slots gave some kind of restriction to prevent overpowered frames, in my opinion, I think that is good, there are already too many complains about the game being too easy, making the frames more powerful will do more damage than good, at least to the gameplay.

This is something I agree with completely.

How about adding a 3rd kind of potato that adds 2 mod slots? There is a nice space for them on the left of the existing ones.

(btw I didn't know you could re-purpose power slots using forma. I'll have to keep that in mind, since there are a number of frames I only ever use 2 or 3 powers on.)

I do agree with you on the lack of customization for frames. What I suggested in a much earlier thread, which didn't get much attention at all, is that war frames have 8 mod slots instead of 10, but change it so that abilities are NOT mods. Abilities can get unlocked and rank up with your warframes level like health, shields and energy, instead of being mods and ranking up via fusion. This way, a warframe has the same customization options as a weapon, and you can take ALL abilities into battle at once. I don't think this is OP at all.

Thoughts on this?

I don't think this is a good idea since there could be additional (both frame-specific or general use) abilities (if I recall correctly even DE Steve mentioned in livestream that this is an option).

I completely agree on this but you also completely missed my point.

I mentioned having 4 extra mod slots ONLY usable for side grade stuff like master thief,enemy radar and so on.. people shy away from that stuff cause they don't wanna waste their mod slots on side grade stuff like this.

This renders those mods almost useless.

This is something I agree with completely.

I also agree, however I am thinking of future updates where the difficulty is possibly much higher than it is now... plus, with the introduction of forma, people can achieve exactly what I described, the only difference being that they can't take all four abilities into battle. With the introduction of forma, they already made the game much more easier to people who have access to it

I completely agree on this but you also completely missed my point.

I mentioned having 4 extra mod slots ONLY usable for side grade stuff like master thief,enemy radar and so on.. people shy away from that stuff cause they don't wanna waste their mod slots on side grade stuff like this.

This renders those mods almost useless.

There are always going to be terrible unused choices when customization is a factor. Those mods can be obtained via relics which is why they aren't attractive.