The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki P Focus Advice

Tyrthek

Question

So I main a Loki Prime with a set up melee/radial disarm focus. And currently I am considering which focus to choose. As it stands I find that I am leaning more towards zenurik, since the energy regen would mean more radial disarms, and more stealth. However the allure of red crits is rather large, and I am not sure which would prove more beneficial.

So should I go with Zenurik, for more energy, or Naramon, for more crits (namely reds)

Additional information: I use War as my dominant weapon at the moment. And because of how much I like its aesthetic? Odds are I won't be deviating from that in the near future (unless I go back to Broken war, still choosing between them). With War, I have a Berserker type build, with my crits coming from blood rush (maxed) and body count. As such my crits are pretty consistent. I also use toxin elemental dmg to help try to fill in the gap that war has on grineer with its impact dmg. 

Also, should I place the focus on War, or on the frame itself?

Edited by Tyrthek

10 answers to this question

I'd recommend zenurik first then work on naramon. Naramon needs more focus exp to obtain shadow step and/or the extra crit. Zenurik's energy regen benefits every warframe and is unlocked much faster.

Put your lens on your warframe. You will always get 50% focus exp regardless on what weapon you use and 100% exp from ability kills. Lens on a weapon will give 50% exp from only that weapon. You can add lens to both frame and weapon to get 100% exp from weapon kills.

Edited by MrJxt

I'd recommend zenurik first then work on naramon. Naramon needs more focus exp to obtain shadow step and/or the extra crit. Zenurik's energy regen benefits every warframe and is unlocked much faster.

Put your lens on your warframe. You will always get 50% focus exp regardless on what weapon you use and 100% exp from ability kills. Lens on a weapon will give 50% exp from only that weapon. You can add lens to both frame and weapon to get 100% exp from weapon kills.

Gotta go with the exact opposite.  Naramon first, just to get cooldown maxed, and the Strategic Execution perk maxed.  It only works on the melee weapon (the extra affinity gained contributes focus ONLY to the melee weapon), but if you're stealth farming your focus with Loki, this is a good thing for you - and it will benefit you the entire rest of the time you're playing the game and farming focus, regardless of school.  So, I'd put a Naramon on both melee and frame.  Once you get Strategic Execution done, grab a different weapon, slap a Zenurik on it, get the rather small build for Zenurik done, and then dive back into Naramon whole hog.

Gotta go with the exact opposite.  Naramon first, just to get cooldown maxed, and the Strategic Execution perk maxed.  It only works on the melee weapon (the extra affinity gained contributes focus ONLY to the melee weapon), but if you're stealth farming your focus with Loki, this is a good thing for you - and it will benefit you the entire rest of the time you're playing the game and farming focus, regardless of school.  So, I'd put a Naramon on both melee and frame.  Once you get Strategic Execution done, grab a different weapon, slap a Zenurik on it, get the rather small build for Zenurik done, and then dive back into Naramon whole hog.

I haven't tried out Naramon yet, but:

- Strategic Execution's description specifically says that it activates only after Naramon's 5 is cast. It won't work "regardless of school" in the same way that Zenurik's Energy Overflow won't work "regardless of school".

If it does work outside Naramon, then it's most certainly a bug.

- Since OP is asking for Loki specifically, I'd very, very strongly advise against focusing on Naramon. The invisibility is entirely redundant since every Loki build should have a good amount of Duration in it anyways (yes, even max-range Raid builds), and IMO, the small boost to crit chance is not nearly as useful as the infinite energy that Zenurik will provide.

I haven't tried out Naramon yet, but:

- Strategic Execution's description specifically says that it activates only after Naramon's 5 is cast. It won't work "regardless of school" in the same way that Zenurik's Energy Overflow won't work "regardless of school".

If it does work outside Naramon, then it's most certainly a bug.

- Since OP is asking for Loki specifically, I'd very, very strongly advise against focusing on Naramon. The invisibility is entirely redundant since every Loki build should have a good amount of Duration in it anyways (yes, even max-range Raid builds), and IMO, the small boost to crit chance is not nearly as useful as the infinite energy that Zenurik will provide.

4 2.5 minutes.  Yep.  You'll note I said max the cooldown too.

You can have Naramon as your active school while farming focus for other schools.  There is zero interlock there.

Edit:  4 minutes is with every passive active.  Sorry for derping - it's obviously going to be a lot less than that with the build I'm advocating.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

You can have Naramon as your active school while farming focus for other schools.  There is zero interlock there.

Oh, whoops! I got mixed up between the active school and the school(s) that you're gaining focus affinity for. Thought that they'd be the same for some reason.

Thanks for correcting me!