Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ledge Grabbing

Ropes

After today's update, tenno will now grab the ledge of whatever they run up the side of and I'd like to hear what the community thinks of this.  Before, you would have to hit ctrl (or whatever your slide button was) in order to grab the ledge of boxes, cliffs, or whatever.

My opinion:  I don't like it, hence why I've started this post. (my complaint is minor and I'm sure I'll get used to it)

I do like the cool front flip animation, and it is a lot more convenient than having to press another key. However, the reason I dislike it is because my Volt speed can no longer launch me off the top of boxes and walls.  Essentially, I could achieve flights higher than a maxed out super jump on the Excal frame by using Volt speed + a wall run.  So, this slight tweak has now decreased some of the enjoyment I got out of playing Volt.

I personally would like the ledge grab to only occur when reaching the ledge at slow speeds.

What does the community think of the new ledge grab change and has it affected your gameplay experience at all?

ledge grab has always been automatic. unless ive been hallucinating this whole time.

edit: ah you mean that situation where you blitz up something instead of doing the walk around the corner magically.

don much care i guess. the situations where that would get you anywhere interesting are few. thanks to you slowing down after to go for a bit. and everything worth reach is reachable thru regular means.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I'm a heavy and I have yet to experience the euphoria of blitzing up a wall. But DE, please change this to allow some of the faster/more mobile frames to blitz up a wall.  It allows some of the faster frames to be distinct from the heavier frames, and adds more depth.

I'm a heavy and I have yet to experience the euphoria of blitzing up a wall. But DE, please change this to allow some of the faster/more mobile frames to blitz up a wall.  It allows some of the faster frames to be distinct from the heavier frames, and adds more depth.

This^

I've often wondered how instead, why don't they make parkour element changes and tweaks for specific weighted warframes?

In that one grineer room with the zigzag walkways down and the fences along them, I usually would try to wallrun up the fence and jump straight down as a shortcut. Most frames would run up to the top, then slide down the same side. Now, I just flip up to the top much more easily, so I can then jump down from there. I still feel like there should be some kind of "advanced parkour" key to hit to allow the player to choose what kind of moves they do in certain situations, though.

More of a problem than the new flip is my frame's preference to wallrun sideways whenever I try to run straight at and up the wall.