The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Constantly Losing To Melee

VKhaun

Question

I'm a total noob in PvP. Giving it another look this week, but I'm really bad. I miss like crazy, even with hitscan weapons and I don't know the maps. I'll get better if I stick with it, but for now I keep ending up in melee... where I always -ALAWAYS- lose very badly.

Doesn't matter what frame attacks me or what weapon they're using, though most people who melee seem to be Excalibur with a longsword so I assume his passive works and that's helping them... But they can be half dead and still kill me first with E spam. They hit me once and I stagger, I hit them twice and they hit me right back without staggering. I just don't get it.

Am I missing some factor here? Any tips?

3 answers to this question

Pause combos stagger/knockdown an enemy with the hit before the pause, as well as dealing more damage after the pause.

Regarding hit-scan weapons in PvP,,,yeah, Parkour 2.0 made PvP a crazy jump fest where you need lightning reflexes/perfect aim/good internet. Not fun, I left as soon as I got my skins.

Well, I went in on Excal to screw around about two weeks ago to just close out the night.  Daikyu was great the three times I got the drop on someone.  And Silva and Aegis was just unfair - that heat proc'ing and the great blocking, plus a good block combo works really well.  I didn't go flawless or anything silly like that, but it's only like the fourth time I've ever played annihilation and I went positive (13-9 I think?), so I was pretty happy with it.  Before going in with Daikyu that time, the other few times I was using Braton Prime.  Long TTK, but very user friendly, pretty much the polar opposite of Daikyu.

PVP in general - I played a LOT of Destiny PVP (started Warframe after finally prevailing unbroken, never went back), and learning the maps, especially every single possible way from point a to point b is probably the biggest thing.  Players don't fight like mobs, so there's a mindset that's gotta be unlearned too.  Stalker's decent practice, but I really don't like all his charging moments - makes him more like a regular mob and less like fighting another Tenno.

Pause combos stagger/knockdown an enemy with the hit before the pause, as well as dealing more damage after the pause.

Interesting... So if I'm bad I want to use something with Pause as early as possible in the combo. If it's always the hit before the pause then soemthing like Vulpine Mask or Astral Twilight would stagger with hit #1 and then... since it doesn't "know" if I'm doing the pause combo or not...I could do any of their combos from there?

EDIT: Notes

Astral Twilight

Vulpine Mask

Seismic Palm

Flailing Branch

Shattering Storm

Edited by VKhaun