Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furious Javelin

(PSN)kobetroy

Question

16 answers to this question

Prior to the Excal rework I would have said that Furious Javelin might have been worth it, but based on the changes that have been made I would say that you should go for an Exalted Blade build. I was a huge fan or RJ. Sadly, the change have turned me off of Excal. Don't let my info deter you from your build, but just consider what might be giving you the most versatility.

Furious RJ is worth it, but it's one of three main options for a late-game Excal's build.

You either get Intensify for higher overall Strength, Stretch for 45% extra range or Furious Javelin for multiplicative 60-90% increase in melee damage for EBlade for like 8 seconds.

It would be the best to try it out yourself and decide whether you want it or not. I prefer Stretch.

Edited by Epsik-kun

You are not gonna mod him for damage, if going FJ, you want just hit the guys to get the bonus, the more important here is your melee of choice and mods.

Geting dat 60% bonus when you are already with 2x or 2.5x combo bonus is awesome, it brings instant high damage bonus but it is time limited.

Surging Dash + Body Count will give you less damage but for much longer time, but if you are using a crit based melee and have both Blood Rush and Body Count go for Surging Dash.

If you dont have at least Body Count go for Furious Javelin. Put Naramon Shadow Step passive and now you are invincible.

You are not gonna mod him for damage, if going FJ, you want just hit the guys to get the bonus, the more important here is your melee of choice and mods.

Geting dat 60% bonus when you are already with 2x or 2.5x combo bonus is awesome, it brings instant high damage bonus but it is time limited.

Surging Dash + Body Count will give you less damage but for much longer time, but if you are using a crit based melee and have both Blood Rush and Body Count go for Surging Dash.

If you dont have at least Body Count go for Furious Javelin. Put Naramon Shadow Step passive and now you are invincible.

Surging Dash + Furious Javelin + STR + EFF + (some duration) + Crit Melee + Body Count + Blood Rush + (Naramon) Shadow Step = Win?

The slash dash you can spam to get a lot of combo multiplier early on, then you switch to Javelin to boost damage from red crits even further...

Surging Dash + Furious Javelin + STR + EFF + (some duration) + Crit Melee + Body Count + Blood Rush + (Naramon) Shadow Step = Win?

The slash dash you can spam to get a lot of combo multiplier early on, then you switch to Javelin to boost damage from red crits even further...

When you do this whole combo the enemies blow and Teshin spawn on the middle of the room with Steve and they give you Dread Prime and Dual Galantine Prime, and 999 legendary cores.

When you do this whole combo the enemies blow and Teshin spawn on the middle of the room with Steve and they give you Dread Prime and Dual Galantine Prime, and 999 legendary cores.

Then they tell you "you are playing on a god forsaken Excalibur, wasted half of your build for some weird stuff, ruined your stats and could've just used EBlade and achieve much better results!", slap you in the face, and take all the stuff back.

Then they tell you "you are playing on a god forsaken Excalibur, wasted half of your build for some weird stuff, ruined your stats and could've just used EBlade and achieve much better results!", slap you in the face, and take all the stuff back.

EB, seriously??? Say No to easy mode Excalibur turret!!! And EB is way diferent "playstyle" than melee combat, that is the point here. But yea, I know what you mean.

EB, seriously??? Say No to easy mode Excalibur turret!!! And EB is way diferent "playstyle" than melee combat, that is the point here. But yea, I know what you mean.

Actually, no. EBlade is pretty melee, when it comes to killing over lvl100 enemies. It deals double damage up close and begins to stack a combo too.

Actually, no. EBlade is pretty melee, when it comes to killing over lvl100 enemies. It deals double damage up close and begins to stack a combo too.

That and there's a big difference between using EB and using "Excal-i-spam" where you see noobs running around just mashing the E button with no thought or strategy even when there is no enemies nearby.