The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Syndicate Mission Medallions

TheSteelRat

Question

Yes, i could go invite only.  But sometimes I rather it went quicker for some missions, or had some help with Defense/Excavations.  But i am noticing for some public games, there are people just rushing through them without bothering to look for medallions.

4000 standing if you find all 8 and if they are only common.

Finding an uncommon or Rare medallion would often make the medallions worth more in standing then the mission itself.

So why do people rush through them?

Edited by kkinnison

9 answers to this question

I usually only go for them when I'm in survival, because honestly I don't want to waste anyone's time. I can usually find all of them with my theif's mod in that timeframe before survival ends.. 

Remember that something might be advantageous for you might be disadvantageous for another. Maybe the other people value their time on something other than syndacate farming, like farming rare mods from dark sector rotation or farming prime parts or farming excavation. Maybe they just want an easy mission to clear for some easy rep and be done with it. 

Yes, i could go invite only.  But sometimes I rather it went quicker for some missions, or had some help with Defense/Excavations.  But i am noticing for some public games, there are people just rushing through them without bothering to look for medallions.

Finding an uncommon or Rare medallion would often make the medallions worth more in standing then the mission itself.

I personally search them, always, but to do so I solo almost every daily syndicate missions, even survival, the only one I don't solo is defense, and even if I'm in a squad I always say "I'm looking for medallions" and most of the time the team helps me find them or waits for me as I search them...it could be you were unlucky in finding teammates so XD

There are no medallions in syndicate defense missions.

The return on investment is quite low.  It takes quite a bit of time to find the medallions and there is currently no bonus for finding all 8 of them.  Perhaps that will change and more people will assist in locating them in pick up groups (PUGs).

Personally, I have been pleasantly surprised when squad members mark the locations of medallions.

If it is close to 5pm PST, many people try to quickly finish their syndicate missions before the day resets and they get new missions.  

Communication is important as kkinnison said. 

I tend to search if I can, but don't stress if the people I randomly end up with are not interested.

If you can find them quickly, then the 'standing per minute' is high - if you can't, then it can get very low.  I've been in one group of four where even with 2 of us using the loot detection, we just could not find the 8th (there was something off map that I couldn't get to which I think was actually the 8th).  At that point we just accepted the 7 and moved on.

If you can find one early and mark it, I find you're more likely to get the others looking too.  I also feel no guilt about looking while others rush the mission, and seeing how many I can get with the time limit.

Survival are definitely easiest - running around looking also gets me kills (I'm in ember) so no guilt at all there. :)

I always go solo and usually use a loki depending on missipn type. I have one loot detector and my sentinel has on animal instinct. The medallions will appear on your mini map as squares, but all the crate will too. Yes this takes awhile but i comb though the map and destroy all the crates and find the medallions while im at it. I find alot of rare ones. I dont know if going solor increases that or not

I go solo with a Invisible build Loki (30 seconds). My Loki and my melee have a greater focus lens on them. I go through exterminates invisible, first scanning them for Cephalon Simmaris and then meleeing them. The key is to never be seen so you get stealth kills for the focus. As I go through I break every crate and look for the medallions. Animal Instinct on the carrier is extremly helpful. Can also do this on sabotages, rescues and deceptions.