Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sliding Cooldown.

Havenbrook

Seriously? Because you want to keep people from rushing? What happend to "oh we might put in flags or something for explorers, boss runs, resource farming etc."

So you are punishing the collective of everyone by applying a cool down to make missions take longer. Why dont we put a cool down on everything now, including sprinting, so everyone JOGS to the end of the mission.

Furthermore, the whole "oh we dont like people skipping the entire mission going straight to bosses" (which was said by Steve on the stream before last), how about you make the game less farming and people might not do that.

To much time and to much resources for the casual gamer. Now the causal gamer is being punished by being forced to accept a cool down on sliding.

Edited by Havenbrook

rushing is when the team splits up. its a co-op game. people should not do that.

this nerf hardly affects mission completion. as it is not a straight like to the exit where you alternate spring/slide the entire time.

the overall effect is minor when it comes to finishing and getting your resources.

rushing is when the team splits up. its a co-op game. people should not do that.

this nerf hardly affects mission completion. as it is not a straight like to the exit where you alternate spring/slide the entire time.

the overall effect is minor when it comes to finishing and getting your resources.

Then what about me, when im soloing for Control Modules or other resources such as Morphics (which have TERRIBLE Drop rates, and i dont want to wait 20mins per run for slow people) SOLO or in PRIVATE..... yes it is designed for co-op, OR solo play. I should NOT be punished for playing the way I WANT to play by myself!

Edited by Havenbrook

Unless you are a frost or rhino without rush you have no issues. You complains aren't very well thought out if you think about it a little more.

Just put on frost, tap sprint and you should be good. Simple.

It was getting out of hand and kinda "stupid"

Sliding and "slide-melee dash" were both faster than sprinting.

That's ridiculous from a realistic/observer point of view.

It just looked so silly watching warframes bob up and down just so they can go a bit faster.

(Disclaimer: My opinion hurr durr.)

Edited by iexbrood

Unless you are a frost or rhino without rush you have no issues. You complains aren't very well thought out if you think about it a little more.

Just put on frost, tap sprint and you should be good. Simple.

What happens when a Loki has a max Rush (30% run speed on top of 1.6 run speed) and just zips on through while the frost with rush is STILL behind. My complaint is valid. Your reply is not thought out.

What about people struggling to keep up with people who are really fast frames? Catching up now is going to be a nightmare with how this cool down is for people who have rush on or other speed mods.

Alright, you are right but what would stop them from doing the same thing as well causing them to be even MORE ahead.

Alright, you are right but what would stop them from doing the same thing as well causing them to be even MORE ahead.

Atleast before the change i could catch up to people and could make it to loot and things like that BEFORE it despawns. Since you know, resources do that....

What happens when a Loki has a max Rush (30% run speed on top of 1.6 run speed) and just zips on through while the frost with rush is STILL behind. My complaint is valid. Your reply is not thought out.

Try not to compare a class that should naturally be faster than any other.

Edit: Might I add, you can't blame DE for nerfing skills that attract complaints. Blame it on the rushers for overdoing it.

In public matches, sure, nerf it. In Solo or Private? No. It takes enough time to build the clan weapons, the excessive farming time requirements are the only reason why I only have one of them.

Farming is optional, you're not being forced to do it. And if you want it, you sure have to go through hell to get it.

Edited by Redward

Edit: Might I add, you can't blame DE for nerfing skills that attract complaints. Blame it on the rushers for overdoing it.

Farming is optional, you're not being forced to do it. And if you want it, you sure have to go through hell to get it.

Why should i not compair them? The frost has no chance to catch up now to the loki. While the loki speeds on by and the frost should have a chance to catch up! Atleast before the frost may have had a better chance if he had good skills at run/sliding.

This is one reason i will not ever be playing Frost Prime, Frost, and Rhino ever again, after i get my mastery for them. I will stick with my Vauban and Excal Prime.

Maybe this game is losing the requirement of "skill" from this game.

Edited by Havenbrook

I'd like the change needs to be reverted, personally. The slide dash routine was my way of getting around the map at decent speed, and it felt fluid before. Now it just feels like every second slide I'm suddenly sliding through tar for some reason. It's a bandaid fix for rushers, something that won't help at all, they'll just all take Volt now, or Loki. Make more incentives for them to not rush, rather than forcing them to run slowly. It's frustrating to have all these negative movement changes, when this game is clearly designed around that movement.

On a side note, the mantling animations are cool.

I'd like the change needs to be reverted, personally. The slide dash routine was my way of getting around the map at decent speed, and it felt fluid before. Now it just feels like every second slide I'm suddenly sliding through tar for some reason. It's a bandaid fix for rushers, something that won't help at all, they'll just all take Volt now, or Loki. Make more incentives for them to not rush, rather than forcing them to run slowly. It's frustrating to have all these negative movement changes, when this game is clearly designed around that movement.

On a side note, the mantling animations are cool.

I agree, why make the game have "parcore" elements, then nerf them later. Most people dont buy game with parcore in them for the parcore, nor are they FORCED to play the game parcore, so why should i be FORCED to play this game as a parcore games (Void missions, and the other places in missions that require wall running and flips and stuff to get to).

INB4 flame on Assassins Creed (can be played with out parcore elements in it)

INB4 flame on Mirrors Edge (this game is bought for the parcore, but can be played as a shooter.)

Edited by Havenbrook

Why should i not compair them? The frost has no chance to catch up now to the loki. While the loki speeds on by and the frost should have a chance to catch up! Atleast before the frost may have had a better chance if he had good skills at run/sliding.

This is one reason i will not ever be playing Frost Prime, Frost, and Rhino ever again, after i get my mastery for them. I will stick with my Vauban and Excal Prime.

Maybe this game is losing the requirement of "skill" from this game.

I don't have to spell it out for you, but it's worth a try if you're willing to use your own head: Loki is a stealth class, and a creative player who can communicate, likes team work and always has tricks lined up NEEDS that run speed to kill enemies whilst invisible to reduce the numbers for the Excalibur waiting on the other side with a "oh crap" look (Excalibur is just an example). Loki is also the fastest to rev a downed Tenno, as he should be when that support is needed.

This is Warframe, not Need for Goddamn Speed. And if anyone wants to be the fastest, play a racing game instead.

It was getting out of hand and kinda "stupid"

Sliding and "slide-melee dash" were both faster than sprinting.

That's ridiculous from a realistic/observer point of view.

It just looked so silly watching warframes bob up and down just so they can go a bit faster.

(Disclaimer: My opinion hurr durr.)

Okay, then explain how "intelligent" it is, that doing the exact same action again makes it less effective? Its like saying if my car goes down two identically inclined slopes within 2 minutes of each other, it would accelerate slower the second time.

The real logical solution is for lobbies to have tags on them, that you can go though and select. "Rushing", "Looting", "Boss Farming" to name a few.

More and more of the game content is being locked behind resources, its unrealistic to say the game does not force you to farm.

I don't have to spell it out for you, but it's worth a try if you're willing to use your own head: Loki is a stealth class, and a creative player who can communicate, likes team work and always has tricks lined up NEEDS that run speed to kill enemies whilst invisible to reduce the numbers for the Excalibur waiting on the other side with a "oh crap" look (Excalibur is just an example). Loki is also the fastest to rev a downed Tenno, as he should be when that support is needed.

This is Warframe, not Need for Goddamn Speed. And if anyone wants to be the fastest, play a racing game instead.

You're living under the ridiculous assumption that "rushers" can't switch to a loki with a max sprint mod and just sprint past content. They're still going to laugh when your rhino/frost gets swamped, dies and gets no loot.

With the sprint-slide, your slower frame at least has a chance to get past the mass spawning mobs if the extraction has been initiated.

Why does everyone that's complaining sound like they're a rusher?

How is a frost/Rhino supposed to keep up with a volt now!?

They were never supposed to be able to in the first place. And why are we talking about keeping up? Unless they're rushing they should still either be in the same room or the next fighting, and that will be more than enough time for you to "catch up".

Now I haven't sat down to play yet, but I am afraid because of the sheer backlash I've seen so far. Sliding melee was a pretty regular tool in my arsenal, which should be the only legit complaint about this change.

Why does everyone that's complaining sound like they're a rusher?

In contrast, everyone that says its "logical", "fine" and "well done" sound like one of those @ssholes that stops to loot EVERY SINGLE LOCKER in an online mission... Edited by CloudPies

There are a few points to this.. you say the team will split up however that is still the case... i may still move faster than the rest of the group even with the slow down..

"you should learn how to run" this makes no sense. with this addition it makes it easier to run but at a slower speed.. it no longer takes skill to run not sure what that means then.

there are 2 interesting points.. first if the group is bad. either way they will fall behind, it does NOT matter. and with the speed it was great because when people do fall behind which will never change u can get to the exit faster and end the game... not sure what speed actually does.. if the intended goal was for me to get away for the team this boost wont change anything, it will however just take more time per level.

You're living under the ridiculous assumption that "rushers" can't switch to a loki with a max sprint mod and just sprint past content. They're still going to laugh when your rhino/frost gets swamped, dies and gets no loot.

With the sprint-slide, your slower frame at least has a chance to get past the mass spawning mobs if the extraction has been initiated.

Hmm, how about making Loki or other faster WF's stamina run out a little quicker than others? More like Frost having NOS but with more duration and less boost, and Loki has NOS with lesser duration and faster boost.

Parkour (French pronunciation: ​[paʁˈkuʁ]) (abbreviated PK) is a holistic training discipline using movement that developed out of military obstacle course training.[1][2][3] Practitioners aim to move quickly and efficiently through their environment using only their bodies and their surroundings to propel themselves, negotiating obstacles in between. They try to maintain as much momentum as possible without being unsafe. Parkour can include running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement and more, if they are the most suitable movements for the situation.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour)

Edited by Havenbrook

I am highly annoyed by this change. I use the slide function a great deal in my games.

Not because I rush. Because I use the slide melee attack with my dual weapons to kill enemies.

By putting a cooldown on sliding boost, it gives a very inconvenient and arbitrary feel to my attacks - half of them move me forwards, half of them leave me spinning uselessly in place. There's no accuracy in this, now. 

What was the issue with sliding boosts again? People were going too fast?