Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sliding Cooldown.

Havenbrook

I am highly annoyed by this change. I use the slide function a great deal in my games.

Not because I rush. Because I use the slide melee attack with my dual weapons to kill enemies.

By putting a cooldown on sliding boost, it gives a very inconvenient and arbitrary feel to my attacks - half of them move me forwards, half of them leave me spinning uselessly in place. There's no accuracy in this, now. 

What was the issue with sliding boosts again? People were going too fast?

People were going too fast and the people getting left behind were getting too furious.

Hmm, how about making Loki or other faster WF's stamina run out a little quicker than others? More like Frost having NOS but with more duration and less boost, and Loki has NOS with lesser duration and faster boost.

No.

No this is just a waste of time why buff something because of a nerf.If you need to buff something because of a nerf shouldn't have nerfed it in the first place.Instead just add the flag system a game and give people a choice. Movement is a huge thing in warframe and was fluid now it's sticky and slow.People need to stop trying to force others how to play and DE needs to help with that by giving us easier ways to pick who we play with and how.

Edited by Batwing

I'm liking the tags on lobbies. I personally don't play public matches, but in our group the only couple people that get way ahead play Volt and Loki, respectively. Hell, I play a Volt, with max level Rush, and I still look regularly. They need to stop hindering certain playstyles and get their online games better-suited to more than a single playstyle.

+1

In contrast, everyone that says its "logical", "fine" and "well done" sound like one of those @ssholes that stops to loot EVERY SINGLE LOCKER in an online mission...

How DARE they look for resources! We need to just hurry up and rush through so we can get our useless credits and then complain about how rare resources are!

Why does everyone that's complaining sound like they're a rusher?

They were never supposed to be able to in the first place. And why are we talking about keeping up? Unless they're rushing they should still either be in the same room or the next fighting, and that will be more than enough time for you to "catch up".

Now I haven't sat down to play yet, but I am afraid because of the sheer backlash I've seen so far. Sliding melee was a pretty regular tool in my arsenal, which should be the only legit complaint about this change.

I don't understand. You believe melee sliding is okay, but slide flipping isn't? They're both valid tools for mobility, and I use both of them constantly while getting around the map. And I often play by myself, so I'd like to be able to get around at a decent speed. I'm also an explorer, rather than a rusher, but I'd like to be able to do it in a decent amount of time. If I'm not playing by myself, I only play with my mates, and I'll duck into a side room, pop the chests, notify them if there's any materials/energy/health, and then catch up. It's part of how we all play together. Without this additional mobility, I'm forced to either forgo the rooms, or permanently run Volt or Loki. And don't even get me started on how they screwed up Loki. I don't believe me and my team's play style and method of mobility should be hampered because of the pub rushers. Like I said before, put more incentives in to make the rushers slow down, not forcibly slow down their movement, it sucks.

EDIT: I think people need to cool down about rushers vs explorers. If you're playing online, you should be ready to accept that some people won't play the same way as you, and you should not attempt to force your play style upon them. If you want to play it 100% your way, play solo, or with your friends.

Edited by snurton

In contrast, everyone that says its "logical", "fine" and "well done" sound like one of those @ssholes that stops to loot EVERY SINGLE LOCKER in an online mission...

Actually I try to loot everything in every room I come across (and sometimes those small closets just off the path). Then I use the slide dash to catch up to the other people who just run ahead. It minimizes the time I'm out of the fight.

I don't understand. You believe melee sliding is okay, but slide flipping isn't? They're both valid tools for mobility, and I use both of them constantly while getting around the map. And I often play by myself, so I'd like to be able to get around at a decent speed. I'm also an explorer, rather than a rusher, but I'd like to be able to do it in a decent amount of time. If I'm not playing by myself, I only play with my mates, and I'll duck into a side room, pop the chests, notify them if there's any materials/energy/health, and then catch up. It's part of how we all play together. Without this additional mobility, I'm forced to either forgo the rooms, or permanently run Volt or Loki. And don't even get me started on how they screwed up Loki. I don't believe me and my team's play style and method of mobility should be hampered because of the pub rushers. Like I said before, put more incentives in to make the rushers slow down, not forcibly slow down their movement, it sucks.

EDIT: I think people need to cool down about rushers vs explorers. If you're playing online, you should be ready to accept that some people won't play the same way as you, and you should not attempt to force your play style upon them. If you want to play it 100% your way, play solo, or with your friends.

I wish I could upvote this more than once. :/

I almost quit the game due to jerks speed racing in pubs. Why the hell are these idiots joining pubs to do that? They could solo without griefing the other players that ya know, actually want to play with other players.

Anything to make those jerkbags lives miserable I'm all for it. Those same players are literally the scum of the player base as well. They are rude and nasty as though because they joined a public game they are being inconvenienced by slower players.

hurf hurf I join cooperative public 3rd person shooter matches to run past all the content leaving my team behind because I'm king neckbeard!!!

They can go pound sand.

I almost quit the game due to jerks speed racing in pubs. Why the hell are these idiots joining pubs to do that? They could solo without griefing the other players that ya know, actually want to play with other players.

Anything to make those jerkbags lives miserable I'm all for it. Those same players are literally the scum of the player base as well. They are rude and nasty as though because they joined a public game they are being inconvenienced by slower players.

hurf hurf I join cooperative public 3rd person shooter matches to run past all the content leaving my team behind because I'm king neckbeard!!!

They can go pound sand.

That was unnecessarily insulting.

But guess what? This sliding cooldown does almost nothing to rushers! Hell, I just rushed three or four levels in a row just because of this attempt to stop rushing. It isn't making my life miserable one bit while rushing, and it certainly isn't stopping me from rushing.

It is, however, making miserable the lives of people who use sliding multiple times in quick succession for reasons other than rushing... Like those who are trying to catch up because they have naturally slower frames, got caught up in enemies because they backtracked for a mod or resources, or use slide slash to quickly close the gap between themselves and enemies in a room.

Edited by RyojinOrion

As I said in another thread:

What I liked about the helicoptering is it sort of evened us all out. That with a little effort even a frost or rhino could keep up with my Loki. A friend of mine is really good at it and can actually move faster than me. XD But in the end it kept the team together. Basically, with a little effort/skill you can keep up with your team no matter what frame they use. This is something I will miss.

How DARE they look for resources! We need to just hurry up and rush through so we can get our useless credits and then complain about how rare resources are!

IN EVERY SINGLE LOCKER of EVERY SINGLE ROOM? Dude, get a group that is also looking for the same resources.

We need tagged lobbies, not nerfing the people that are farming boss drops or the like.

Rushers get angry at turtles because: Turtles are too slow and like exploring too much. I have to wait for them and stuff.

Turtles get angry at Rushers because: Rushers are too fast and don't let me explore. I have to hurry and catch up with them, which is tedious.

This is how I see both sides. What I think is that let rushing aspects be there.

If you want to explore, go solo or get some friends that will go slow, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

If you want to rush, go solo or get some friends that will go fast, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

See where I am going with this?

You shouldn't make change to cater to one side because the other will get angry. Catering to the angry side will make the other side the new angry side.

All you can do it change it back to how people were used to it.

Besides, a PUG is a PUG. I pearned that before I quit World of Warcraft. Not every group is gonna be a good or agreeing group.

Rushers get angry at turtles because: Turtles are too slow and like exploring too much. I have to wait for them and stuff.

Turtles get angry at Rushers because: Rushers are too fast and don't let me explore. I have to hurry and catch up with them, which is tedious.

This is how I see both sides. What I think is that let rushing aspects be there.

If you want to explore, go solo or get some friends that will go slow, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

If you want to rush, go solo or get some friends that will go fast, Private/Invite Only is a blessing.

See where I am going with this?

You shouldn't make change to cater to one side because the other will get angry. Catering to the angry side will make the other side the new angry side.

All you can do it change it back to how people were used to it.

Besides, a PUG is a PUG. I pearned that before I quit World of Warcraft. Not every group is gonna be a good or agreeing group.

Holy crap, a neutral and intelligent voice in a conversation about rushing? I thought such a thing was impossible! O.O

+1, man. I would upvote more if I could!

You misunderstand. I wasn't talking about using it for only moving between rooms. I regularly use it in combat. Unlike most people I play with, I actually play the part of a ninja, moving swiftly between both close, mid, and long ranges as needed. One of the main tools for this was the sliding melee.

IN EVERY SINGLE LOCKER of EVERY SINGLE ROOM? Dude, get a group that is also looking for the same resources.

We need tagged lobbies, not nerfing the people that are farming boss drops or the like.

Are we seriously talking every single room? Or are we talking about quick side rooms? It's one thing to get mad at someone hitting every side room along the way, it's another to get mad at someone that literally explores every nook and cranny no matter how far it goes off the trail. As to creating lobbies, it's hard to justify this with such a small population in comparison to how many places there are. Most areas go un-run during most times.

You misunderstand. I wasn't talking about using it for only moving between rooms. I regularly use it in combat. Unlike most people I play with, I actually play the part of a ninja, moving swiftly between both close, mid, and long ranges as needed. One of the main tools for this was the sliding melee.

My apologies then, I thought you were talking about mobility. I use it for both mobility and combat, and to me the slide-flip and that extra mobility is part of playing the ninja. Using it as a melee attack still works, as far as damage is concerned, but you do lose the extra range on consecutive slides, it's quite frustrating.

I doubt they ever intended the slide to be a parkour thing so much as a neat trick and a way to close that little bit of distance when you're charging a melee or something. And DE loves their intended "design".

Once you get the hang of it, wallrun-jumping is faster and more fun than slide dashing.

Well, except for the part where you get launched straight into a doorframe or abyss on most wall-runnable surfaces.

They really didn't design the levels to interact well with their own parkour mechanics. Tons of random crates and stuff conveniently lying around to wallrun off, but most are at a bad angle or placed too high relative to the pathways you want to go on/through after jumping. Elsewhere, it's all waist-high railings and "bumpy" walls that are wallrun-proof, forcing you to waddle across giant rooms. Also, cylindrical pillars and curved corners make for crazy unpredictable jump angles.

The only places where wallruns reliably work without making make you look like a ding-dong are the painfully gimmicky Prince of Persia spots.

And the super-fast jump at the end of sideways wallruns was probably unintended anyway...even though it's literally the only thing that makes wallruns worthwhile, when you sprint as fast.

Hell, they probably never intended for anyone to bother with wallruns outside of their gimmick spots and promo vids.

If wallrunning were a universally viable movement mechanic and didn't carry a 50% chance of flinging you off course and backfiring, slide dashing and zorencopter wouldn't be a thing. And this game would be 100% more awesome.

But...everyone wants new toys, not polish. They clamor for new weapons and new frames (or this or that stat tweak), not fine-tuned controls or core mechanic improvements and overhauls. And new weapons you get.

I agree, why make the game have "parcore" elements, then nerf them later. Most people dont buy game with parcore in them for the parcore, nor are they FORCED to play the game parcore, so why should i be FORCED to play this game as a parcore games (Void missions, and the other places in missions that require wall running and flips and stuff to get to).

INB4 flame on Assassins Creed (can be played with out parcore elements in it)

INB4 flame on Mirrors Edge (this game is bought for the parcore, but can be played as a shooter.)

PARKOUR. It's parkour.

Parkour (French pronunciation: ​[paʁˈkuʁ]) (abbreviated PK) is a holistic training discipline using movement that developed out of military obstacle course training.[1][2][3] Practitioners aim to move quickly and efficiently through their environment using only their bodies and their surroundings to propel themselves, negotiating obstacles in between. They try to maintain as much momentum as possible without being unsafe. Parkour can include running, climbing, swinging, vaulting, jumping, rolling, quadrupedal movement and more, if they are the most suitable movements for the situation.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour)

EPIC

If wallrunning were a universally viable movement mechanic and didn't carry a 50% chance of flinging you off course and backfiring, slide dashing and zorencopter wouldn't be a thing. And this game would be 100% more awesome.

Yeah, but then they would "fix" that also, prolly while breaking a bunch of other things in the process. -_-

Please do not remove or limit sliding, dashing, etc.. DE already said that they will make options that shows (depending on what you choose) if player is explorer or likes fust runs, so it will be easier to group up with ppl that like the same option.

I doubt they ever intended the slide to be a parkour thing so much as a neat trick and a way to close that little bit of distance when you're charging a melee or something. And DE loves their intended "design".

May I ask as to your sources? Or are you just blinding guessing?

I really would rather mark "Boss run" or "Exploring" then having to be forced to be limited on mechanics of the game becasue of how other people play. That is not fair for the rest of us who are NOT abusing things. Or rather playing with "bad behavior" deemed by the community.