(PSN)JedWrecked

Question

15 answers to this question

Stretch

Trans Fort

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Streamline

Fleet Expertise (Rank 3, maximum of rank 4)

Intensify

Blind Rage

Chilling Globe Augment

Duration actually plays a vital role with Snow Globe for higher tier missions. Upon casting a new globe, there will be a default 4 Seconds (might be 3, I forget >_>) where it will actually be invulnerable and absorb damage to help it scale with enemies. You want that invul time, and the freeze from Avalanche as well in a situation you need some CC.

Stretch

Trans Fort

Steel Fiber

Vitality

Streamline

Fleet Expertise

Intensify

You'll have an extra slot to put whatever you want but with those youll have decent range, a strong globe and an avalanche nuke. Your duration will suffer but it's allowed to be a throw away stat.

Globe is HP based instead of duration, duration will only effect the lengths of your freezes from avalanche and the like. Depending what you're doing energy siphon is great for most things, just switch to Corrosive Projection for higher level missions to make life easier.

Also you'd use continuity to make up that duration loss.

Edited by Thebel

Duration actually plays a vital role with Snow Globe for higher tier missions. Upon casting a new globe, there will be a default 4 Seconds (might be 3, I forget >_>) where it will actually be invulnerable and absorb damage to help it scale with enemies. You want that invul time, and the freeze from Avalanche as well in a situation you need some CC.

Duration of invincibility is unaffected by mods, I know that for sure because I run 20% duration and still have 4s of invincibility, so the only loss from low duration is low freeze time, but with 180+% str you'll nuke everything in t4def up to 20 waves.

For the last slot I prefer Flow for the increased energy, more reserves are always nice.

Chilling Globe is a nice aug but only for infested since they are the only ones that will constantly run into the globe but for infested you'd use a different build.

Edited by Thebel

I'll use a mix of both builds to make my own. Because im looking for a build that will be good around 60 min in a T4 defense so a strong globe and long freeze time would be best for more of a support. But i'll add in some of thebel's build for more offensive game play.

At high end you'll rely more on using the invincibility time of globe than the health of it since at that point, they'll shred it pretty quickly, so being able to cast it often ends up being more beneficial than having a a super tanky globe, something to keep in mind.

Even if the enemies add a ton of hp to the globe with damage, they can just as easily do that same amount and shed that hp they put in.

Chilling Globe is a nice aug but only for infested since they are the only ones that will constantly run into the globe but for infested you'd use a different build.

You must not play frost very often, or you just don't notice them entering the globe, because I catch lotsa crap across all factions in my frosty balls. When they can't hit you form outside the globe, they will still move towards it to try and move into it to hit you, assuming they don't hunker into cover.

Edit: Checked the Wiki on the duration, bit you are right on that front, still, only thing it would effect on my build would be modding Fleeting to full. A maxed out Trans gets like, 40ish% power, where as Blind gets 99%, and Streamline and fleeting easily compensate for that. Flow vs. Chill pill would also simply come down to preference, as Chill does do quite abit.

Edited by SquireAngel

You must not play frost very often, or you just don't notice them entering the globe, because I catch lotsa crap across all factions in my frosty balls. When they can't hit you form outside the globe, they will still move towards it to try and move into it to hit you, assuming they don't hunker into cover.

I'd rather you not talk down to me like you're so superior.

I just use globe again to freeze and push them out and damaging them if they hit a wall, instead of relying on a 50% chance to freeze.

Max efficiency for me is just how I personally build, I never build with the assumption I'll have a Trin, if you do then you can ignore efficiency by running Blind vs Trans.

Edited by Thebel