The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Steam Controller Possible Compatablility Issues

Amanecer_Plateado

The problem is that it appears the the native xpadder controller (XPC) key binds are conflicting with they steam controller (SC) key bindings. After some testing I noticed that some commands are ignored outright for the SC within & out side of big picture mode. Resetting or trying to mirror XPC setting hasn't help at all thus far.

I noticed this days ago. When I couldn't figure out why the button I chose to use the power menu suddenly made my warframe roll across the room. After messing around a bit I noticed that some of the functions I programmed the SC to do aren't working at all even after reprogramming & making sure they took hold within steam itself. No amount of turning on & off, unplugging & replugging the controller, or restarting warframe has made any changes. It's gotten to the point where I only use keyboard & mouse for any real control over the game.

I first expected that my SC was defective for some reason but when playing others games with or without x box controller support or some other form of controller support I don't run into problems at all. As a result of these tests, I am forced to believe that the latest firmware update for the SC is having a disagreement with Warframe itself. Thus I am posting this issue here where it has a better chance of being rectified.