The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Started With Mag

(XBOX)Iron Mike Tytan

Question

12 answers to this question

Do Vor Prize quest.

Keep doing missions on Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars. Try to unlock all nodes and level up your frame to level 30.

The best use of starting plat is more weapons' slots  and warframes'  slots.

You can buy some weapons from marketplace with just credits.

Do not invest in damaged mods.

Do Archwing quest, ignore Kubrow quest.

Edited by felixsylvaris

Explore is my best advice I got tons of help at first but I learned so much more of Warframe farming by myself playing all the Warframes and using the weapons was so much fun but I'd advise not getting too caught up into the prime stuff work into it cause it can be draining cause the drops and stuff but have fun find what works for you ^^

Thank you all for the advice.

I actually started playing 3 or 4 nights ago.  I crafted my first new weapons last night and tried them out today.  I got the Burston and Dual Ether Blades.  I like the blades a lot but the gun I'm not sold on yet.

Should I be thinking about getting another warframe for an upgrade at this point?

There is always a good time to get another warframe. ;-)

Easiest to get is Rhino from Fossa on Venus. But get level 30/30 first and put some mods in.

Easy primary weapons to try: Karak, Boltor, Soma (MR6), Latron, Hek, Kohm, Paris, Tonkor (MR 5)

Secondary: Sonicor, Alex, Afuris, Akmagnus, Kunai, Atomos

Edited by felixsylvaris

Rhino.   I know,  but it lets you get nightmare mods very early, which is nice.   If you can afford it, Nezha is similar but better all around.  Just buy one off someone if you got plat.

Mag is awesome.   She gets dissed on because people are still butthurt over losing a cheeze "strategy".  

Hydroid off earth is a great choice and helps farm materials if you can buy / bum / earn a loot mod for him.

Volt, from the clan store, is also great.

Take it easy, learn the game first, then buy what you really need. 

If you could buy 1 thing with plat that helps a new player out, it would be boltor prime.  Usable at low rank, its very potent. 

Otherwise, try out a bunch of stuff and see what you LIKE to use.   most anything (apart from MK1 stuff) is viable for the starmap and with some investment, even thru the void.   Until you hit super difficult content, which you won't for a while, enjoy what you find fun to use. 

Edited by jonnin

All of the above is solid advice.

I would add, get a carrier Sentinel. Makes it much easier to collect all the lootz.

Mag is an excelent frame especialy against Corpus (Mars, Venus, ...).

You dont need to buy boltor P for plat. Join a Clan (you will find a recruitment part of this forum, or you can just you the Recruit chat ingame). People there will help you out and if you ask them nicely, they may take you along to the void to get the parts for Boltor Prime and other prime stuff.