The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Loadout For Boltor Prime?

Crimsonblack

Question

It's a very good weapon and I can do some decent damage with it (and with proper modding I can eat the corpus. Still haven't gotten a good enough shield damager but working on it), but past level 50 I can't do anything in terms of raw damage potential to the enemies. It's gone to the point where I need to used me dread to OS everything, and while I love using my dread to triple-crit everything, it's not fun and it can't keep up sufficient damage above level 65 because it's a bow.

I'd like some suggestions to properly mod by BPrime.

3 answers to this question

I honestly think you're biggest problem is trying to use a puncture weapon to take out corpus (Shields resist that) the boltor is best used against the grineer or the corrupted

That said this is my build but it's been a while since I used the boltor:

Split Chamber

Stormbringer

Infected Clip

Cryo Rounds

Serration

High Voltage

Heavy Caliber

Malignant Force

it's probably a little dated but this can still get me past 60 mins on a T4S so it's good enough for me

If you want to use this on the corpus then switch the mods around so you get magnetic instead of corrosive damage and that should help

I pretty much learned the hard way not to use that weapon against the corpus. I still have my Braton Vandal that does pretty good against the Corpus (strangely enough). I did switch them around and have a nice magnetic on them now, but they aren't properly viable.

Hmmm. I knew that Split Chamber should've been used, but, for the element mods, I use the event ones maxed out. Is it preferable to do like you and only focus on two elements rather than stuff all of the mods into the weapon like twenty pies in a depressed, fat woman's mouth during Valentine's Day?

I'll be honest, Boltor Prime was my primary gun of death for a very very long time.  I changed to Soma Prime when I was able to (I like hitscan) , but I run blast and corrosive against everything.

Serration and split chamber as always, rank 7 Heavy Caliber, then start slapping on elementals and adding forma until you can slap on no more mods.  Why not more heavy caliber?  Because an accuracy of 24 is as small as I can stand.

5 elemental mods give me 962 Blast, 721 Corrosive, 40 impact, and 360 Puncture.  Took me 4 forma.

Yes, I could fine tune this to do more damage by making faction specific loadouts, but I refuse to do that until I can get at least 4 loadouts, and have the ability to select them with fewer mouse clicks than it takes now.

The fact is, the gun kills everything fairly well, and is an all-around damage monster.  It works well enough.