The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Humor Me.. Plat!

(PSN)DJKaiToxin

Tips for making platinum? Well, like in each and every game you have to get into the trading mindset. You are the seller. You have the first and final words in the transaction. Become a cold-blooded cutthroat tycoon. Buy low, sell high. Follow the trends and predict what will be the next big hit. Generally speaking, new things make you good money fast so go out and try to get the new stuff first to sell for high. When the market gets too low play against it and sell other things. Keep two of everything just in case they go out of commission later and always remember to punch 'em where it hurts...in their wallet-pockets. Eventually you will amass a fortune but it takes time and effort. Many will call you names because of how cruel you've become but who cares what the plat-poor think! You're now plat-rich, congratz.

Anyway~

I like giving random people things. I'd prefer it if there was an anonymous gift option but in my head right now I can think of a dozen or so exploits that play against it.

If I still could I'd press my reset button just to see exactly how much plat I have. This would forfeit all my hard work and open a slew of problems but would sate my own curiosity.

Anyway, to finally answer your question...It depends if and how much drunk I am. Sober me usually forks over some dough for prime access or buys plat when I get 50-75% off. Drunk me grins and wastes much of my disposable income just to make a stranger fumble with a 2-D giftbox and blush from the message and results.

To put a good number of it...each and every week that I have played this game I put about maybe 50 USD.

Steam says I have 5403 hours on hand. Now, while it doesn't count the hours that I had before I started using steam to play it is a good estimate.

50 * 32 = 1600 USD. 32000 Platinum. Honestly, the number still seems low..but whatever~

I've traded for all my Plat currently on 4,300 but I've spent alot of slots and such even some rushes. I'm total I've made 8000 Plat about trading in my time on ps4 which is OK I guess. The best time is the holiday season an example this new years week I made 2,600 easy.

I only bought some Plat early on but never again once I hit trading. I like making a game out of it personally even though I don't need it.

I buy 5$ on every 75% discount. 5-6 times by now, which is over 2K plat I guess. 

Recently I've started to farm void systematically and I am trading more so I don't need to buy plat any more. And I've stopped building frames and gears like crazy, buying stuff etc, now I have mostly everything I need. 

I don't waste money on things that don't exist.

Though this game is digital and the currency is intangible in the real world, the fun we have is very real; my husband and I both have over 1,000 hours in the game. Supporting the developers financially so they can provide for their families, pay their staff, and continue to develop the game isn't a waste. Even if they stopped developing the game today, I wouldn't call the money we spent a waste. Its the least we can do for them after all the time we spent playing their game.

To the OP, both my husband and I have purchased the Nova PA when it was out. And over the course of our play time, have bought the 2100 plat bundle a few times when we get the 50% or 75% off plat purchases.

Edited by KutieKat

I have bought 0 plat and do not intend to spending a cent.

Ingame however, Ive made a good amount of plat, I try to keep that amount around 1k. Just yesterday I rushed ember helmet and then the entier build costing 70p or something, so now Im below 1000 and it worried me that I might be broke. Since I only get maybe 4 days out of the week to play (an hour on average per day), I dont have the time to farm sets and sell them.

According to steam I've spent approximately 2,298.41$, i think they call it a addiction

Well at least I don't feel bad about my spending habits now! and yes... you've definitely got an addiction!! lol

At least now i can manage how i plan to purchase plat from reading how everyone else does it.. 

Thanks for the feedback Fellow Tenno!!

As for this Thread.. Time to Head to Extraction!!! 

I sell any frame fast by knocking 20p off the current crazy market prices if im ever in a pinch for plat or i load up on stuff i see people selling cheap and sit on it until later (rhino pcs for 2-5p a few weeks ago). Always take a few trades per day and buy "junk" prime pcs, ask for 5 per trade without duplicate and offer 2-3p per pc. Watch the trades flood in and watch your prime sets fill without even trying

I throw down money whenever I feel like I want some plat. I try to hold off for those discounts, but sometimes I get the better of myself.

I never go above $10 without a discount though.

I have a really really bad obsession with noggles though. I have about five of every noggle (except Baro, no Stalker noggle, and two sets of the Acolyte noggles).

I've bought plenty of those 75/170/340 packs before, usually with 20% or 50% off.

I bought Nova Prime access when it came out, I've got about....170 plat left.

I also won 1000 plat on prime time once....all that's gone.

Mostly spent it on fashion frame tbh