The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Referral Program

Distillia

Question

I'm editing this post to make it more straight-forward.

Has anyone else experienced discrepancies with their recruitment count in the referral program ?

* The only requirement for a referral is they must complete 10 unique missions.

The reason I'm asking is because I've had this recent issue:
In 2015 I raised a concern to Support about the recruitment program not tracking referrals properly. I was sitting at 2, and recently brought in a 3rd.
However, my newest recruit decided to buy platinum and once he had done so my referral count immediately jumped to 3. I received my 10% plat. I closed my own ticket informing them my referral count had increased to 3.
I'm going to refer to this third referral as USER1

Flash-foward to 2016, my referral count as per the website is 3.  I've brought in USER2 and USER3. It's been a few days and 15+ missions for both of them, I checked their Stats in their Profile. The total is still 3.

USER2 buys platinum and my referral count immediately updates to 4.  

I open a new ticket with Support and they confirmed that Platinum is NOT a requirement of a referral.  I provide a list of 8 usernames that I've referred, and in doing so, Support has confirmed one thing:

USER1 is a referral.
USER2 and USER3 are also referrals.

USER1 is my third referral as of 2015.  USER2 and USER3 being referrals of 2016, should bring the count to 5, but it does not.

They have not been able to explain this, and instead ignore these facts and ask me to continue providing usernames for them to check if they are connected to my account. The system is limited to referring to logs only.

I'm not sure where to go from here and I'm looking for similar issues or suggestions that come to mind for others.

Edited by Distillia

5 answers to this question

What are you hoping to accomplish here? Asking other users for help I can see, but asking them to share problem stories?

Provide the list of users you referred and then they can check which doesn't seem registered as referred and work from there. If you can't do that, how do you expect them to be able to help?

I'm not saying you haven't stumbled on a bug or something, but you gotta help them help you.

This kinda confirms my suspicions that DE isn't interested in gaining more F2Pers, which I can totally understand. But if that's the case, just come out and say it.

If they did, we wouldnt be playing this awesome game for free, no features locked whatsoever.

Edited by Esvia

If they did, we wouldnt be playing this awesome game for free, no features locked whatsoever.

Again, I understand the reasoning behind it and don't begrudge them for making it thus. The issue is that both I and the OP have directly asked support whether or not platinum purchases are required in order to finalize the referral process, and have been told no when all evidence points to the opposite being true. 

I'm fine with them wanting the referred players to spend money on the game, I'm not fine with being lied to. I hope this is just a strange coincidence.

Esvia - I have provided a list to their support. I will provide an extended list to them later when I'm able to login. When they check the names all they do is check yes/no.

As for what I'm trying to do, well, if there's a problem it will be made known through other people sharing their stories. It will no longer be a one-off situation. KestralSylver has already informed the thread that they've recruited friends but only the one who purchased platinum counts.

I specifically asked Support if a referral must purchase platinum to be counted as a referral, I was told by support it is not a requirement. If they had told me it was a requirement I would have said that's not what the site says, but OK, I understand. As it stands the referral requirement is to complete 10 unique missions.

Edited by Distillia