Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Way Of Forcing Open Eyes

matrixEXO

MMOBomb FTP Cast Featuring Warframe (among others): 

Now, what they said about the PvP aspect, if ever implemented, is where it should not be seen as Frame vs Frame but as Faction vs Faction. That would improve PvP development by a lot without needing to balance skills on frames to be more streamlined for PvP and break the PvE aspect of the game.

What do you guys think?

Edited by matrixEXO

if this game were to do PvP a bit more, it might be a good idea, but as it stands PvP is only a piece of candy from the main course. Warframe should stick mainly to the PvE Aspect and only have PvP as a small fun thing to do when bored.

you make faction based combat sound like its flipping a switch.

i do agree that numbers would make the imbalance in skills less problematic. its is also a major undertaking to pull that kind of thing off.

they would basically have to stop doing everything and anything for months to bring it in properly. specially in a game designed around 4 man play. dojos were hurting for a bit cause of all the people in one place. imagine that but with skills and gunfire.

you make faction based combat sound like its flipping a switch.

i do agree that numbers would make the imbalance in skills less problematic. its is also a major undertaking to pull that kind of thing off.

they would basically have to stop doing everything and anything for months to bring it in properly. specially in a game designed around 4 man play. dojos were hurting for a bit cause of all the people in one place. imagine that but with skills and gunfire.

And not to mention any "balance" that might need to be done. (i.e. mass banshees/ember/rhinos/etc etc.) They'd need to more or less rework most of the frames to be "balanced" while they were in a PvP zone I'd imagine.

by factions you mean grinner, corpus and infected? that would be a awesome way to make PVP without making PVE bland.

also making possible for a 4 man tenno squad to infiltrate the battlefield in a special mission where if they succeed they get a awesome bonus, but if the factions kill they, the factions get some type of bonus in the fight based on how many of the tenno they killed, like special orokin equips.

that would be awesome.

And not to mention any "balance" that might need to be done. (i.e. mass banshees/ember/rhinos/etc etc.) They'd need to more or less rework most of the frames to be "balanced" while they were in a PvP zone I'd imagine.

Personally, I see no reason for balancing that. Maybe when using a specific faction, you get control of the special units (Bombard, Napalm, etc; Railgun, Tech, etc; Toxic, Disruptor, etc) and with special resistances (Mind Control and Chaos having a duration on yourself unlike in PvE) but I don't think there is a need for balancing skills for PvP. Just need to make the other team capable of fighting against the players but not at par with them. 4v12 (with fodder minions spawning a good amount regularly) would sound nice given that Tennos are so powerful that they can mow people down easily. And have a few objectives to do. If you actually noticed, this is approaching the Dead Space multiplayer realm in terms of idea.

by factions you mean grinner, corpus and infected? that would be a awesome way to make PVP without making PVE bland.

also making possible for a 4 man tenno squad to infiltrate the battlefield in a special mission where if they succeed they get a awesome bonus, but if the factions kill they, the factions get some type of bonus in the fight based on how many of the tenno they killed, like special orokin equips.

that would be awesome.

I don't get anything past the first sentence. How does it pertain to a possible route for PvP?

Edited by matrixEXO

I don't get anything past the first sentence. How does it pertain to a possible route for PvP?

Because the only listed factions in the game are Grineer, Infested, Corpus, and Tenno.

Unless you're talking about clan vs clan pvp, then just say clan vs clan and not faction.

Edited by Tetsmeha

Because the only listed factions in the game are Grineer, Infested, Corpus, and Tenno.

Unless you're talking about clan vs clan pvp, then just say clan vs clan and not faction.

No, I get the first sentence clearly and to clear it up, yes it's about the factions like Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted and whatnot new factions that may come out. The following sentences are a blur. What does player-controlled PvP have anything to do with special missions and what-not? It's really blurry and I don't get what it even relates to the talk on PvP.

Edited by matrixEXO

Personally, I see no reason for balancing that. Maybe when using a specific faction, you get control of the special units (Bombard, Napalm, etc; Railgun, Tech, etc; Toxic, Disruptor, etc) and with special resistances (Mind Control and Chaos having a duration on yourself unlike in PvE) but I don't think there is a need for balancing skills for PvP. Just need to make the other team capable of fighting against the players but not at par with them. 4v12 (with fodder minions spawning a good amount regularly) would sound nice given that Tennos are so powerful that they can mow people down easily. And have a few objectives to do. If you actually noticed, this is approaching the Dead Space multiplayer realm in terms of idea.

I was talking about Clan V Clan, not faction v faction. Clan V Clan would need balance, simply because somebody out there would find X combo that's ridiculously good, and the fact that some frame are clearly better than others (i.e. frost v rhino for ranged weapon "Tanking")

I was talking about Clan V Clan, not faction v faction. Clan V Clan would need balance, simply because somebody out there would find X combo that's ridiculously good, and the fact that some frame are clearly better than others (i.e. frost v rhino for ranged weapon "Tanking")

I wasn't talking about Frame v Frame PvP matches. If you read it right at all. So, even if there were Clan v Clan matches, it would only be through Faction v Faction fights like Tenno v Grineer or Tenno v Stalker (wait what?) or somewhere along those lines. Obviously, there are always more OP combos than the current Bastille + Sonar combo that can do Infested easily. But they can be balanced out a bit (especially infinite Bastille) because they need to be balanced out for PvE.

PS: There will never be any PvP Frame v Frame combat other than duel, which is obviously NOT a PvP system but a friendly spar match. The devs do not want it since it would cause annoyances in terms of "balance this for PvE, turns out to be OP in PvP" and vice versa.

Edited by matrixEXO