The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rare Boxes?

(PSN)Dargondarkfire

Question

So the other night my clan leader said he was looking for rare boxes because he wants the mantis ship. And a couple nights ago as I was exploring the derelict survival I found a glowing gold box.

After a bit of digging I found out it's the origin rare box. A free format was nice.

Is there a specific way to find these? Like codex scanners being maxed on normal boxes and looking for orange box threw walls?

5 answers to this question

As far as I am aware they have a very small chance to spawn on any spot a normal box could spawn.

Equip something like Thief's Wit, and then try to find all the containers on a map. 

I have found around four in one week at one time, just by doing Syndicate Missions and looking for the Syndicate Medallions.

Not sure if you can make a difference between regular cache and the rare one with the codex scanner, but doing void missions with ember (to break the caches that are behind walls) and carrier(to vacuum the stuff behind the walls that you can't open) with animal instinct(loot detector) mod helps.
Tower 2 and 3 seems to have more secret rooms than 1 and 4.

Depending on if you're speaking of Caches or the Special Silver Canisters....

my only input/advice is that the silver canister/caches should make the same whirling sound when you're close to it..

found a silver glowing canister on a Corpus Map after hearing a noise..

had a squad member walk away til they couldn't hear it and created way point to measure distance... ended up being about 20m give or take before sound is audible when getting close..

Suggestion: Turn Volumes Down half way for everything except "Sound Effects" (For Best Results - Change Volume when you actually find one and can hear the noise.. change settings as you see fit so you can hear the sound over everything else) 

That may help chances of finding them! Good Luck Tenno! 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Storage_Containers has some pretty good information on rare/reinforced crates, and is worth reading.

Remember that rare/reinforced crates, sabotage caches, and syndicate medallions share the same list of potential locations - running syndicate missions and earth/void/derelict sabotages will teach you places to look for rare crates.