Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yo, De: Carrot > Stick. Improve Warframe, Stop Nerfing Stuff.

Onite

Buffs or rebalancing > Nerfs.

Ever since i've been getting involved, actively posting and checking the forums for warframe every day, every patch, i keep seeing the same pattern. Things that get nerfed to be brought in line with other content. Even when said content is undesirable. DE_Steve said: "DON'T NERF "X", MAKE "Y" AS GOOD AS "X": Message received and understood."

Yet they nerfed sliding. They nerfed it to try to add speed bumps to make people spend more time in combat instead of running past the enemies. But instead, people are just going to rush anyway by any means necessary. Nerfing sliding only makes your movement less fluid. Not only does it slow rushers, but it slows normal players as well. Even when you play separately. You have two kinds of people. The ones that are meat and potatoes who want to simply get as much resources as they can in the smallest amount of time, and then you have people who want to more casually play the game and take their time shooting their bad guys. People are constantly suggesting a filter option for parties. To essentially build a wall in the community.

The problem with rushing, isnt the people. Its the game. And if you guys seperate the community through a filter, the more down the road you're just going to tug of war over content in the next update. So instead of trying to put a speed limit on people in what has essentially become a racing game, why dont you make Warframe into LESS of a racing game? In order to do this you have to understand the problem. Its been my experience that people rush to crunch resources vs time. The simple solution is to stop doing pointless things like this to your players:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57859-the-not-so-masterful-thief-prop-lockers-are-lame/

And start making killing things and exploring worth your time. If you did this, rushers would get bored of rushing and waiting, and then start playing. Theres an entire community here full of people with not so bad ideas. Myself included, i try my best to suggest ideas that could turn the tide of unwanted rushing. such as:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31404-idea-total-lockdowns/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60298-a-few-ideas-for-more-skill-based-gameplay/#entry628885

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61092-how-to-eliminate-rushers-encourage-not-rushing/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60900-incentives/

Theres a plethora of ideas here that are ALL better than a sliding nerf that didnt even fix the problem.

The more you keep nerfing things, movement especially being critical among them, your game loses a huge amount of its feel of movement, which kills alot of the fun of the game AKA its killing the appeal of your game. In other words you're putting the nails in your own coffin.

Those last words aren't a threat, its not a form of bad attitude, its an honest warning from a worried player who wants to see Warframe do great. Not 'ok' or on par with other free to play games, but Great.

For those of you that think rushers are all the rage and whats wrong with warframe. Some of them just have a different playstyle. When you master your reflexes and movement controls down to a T and are able to get through an environment without stopping. It feels like this:

http://youtu.be/p-OUNPqRzII?t=13s

While i can completely understand how this could overshadow combat for those of you who like that more. But ignoring and trashing that feeling of free movement should not ever be a consideration. It should be one of many playstyles that can all be options to a player that dont only work with direct combat, but also with stealth. It can happen, DE has the potential. But we cant just keep blaming other people for a rewarded behavior the game permits.

You cant slow people down without destroying the freedom of movement. But you can get them to not do it as often. Using shortcuts and parkour will always get some players ahead faster than others. But thats a reward for experience and skill and is not a subject of something bad. Its no different than putting a rank 30 frame next to a rank 1.

This game can go places and be damn near perfect, but dont take that for granted, its all about good decisions by DE, and we, the player base, can influence that.

Edited by Onite

The problem with rushing, isnt the people. Its the game.

Now I did not read this wall of text but this right here says quite a bit of truth. Why waste time killing everything when all you want is a control module? When they release new tiles sets I bask in it and then go back to rushing since there's no reason to search anything.

I don't rush, much, at all.

But really?
With the newest update he's killed any fast way for frost or even rhino to keep up.

We are the tank of the group and even when they go slow to loot everything, were still too slow to keep up now, its ridiculous.

I don't really notice the change that much. The cooldown is quite short and all you need to do is run a little to gain more momentum before next slide. Didn't take long to get the rhythm.

Really, I don't see any noticeable change here so I don't know why the community have been complaining since this morning. Horizontal walljump is the best way to get around fast, as always.

The only thing that was nerfed was abusing sliding to move faster than intended.

The cooldown isn't so obstructive that it negates the proper uses for sliding. Sliding still works 100% for its intended purposes. This was a welcome change.

I don't really notice the change that much. The cooldown is quite short and all you need to do is run a little to gain more momentum before next slide. Didn't take long to get the rhythm.

Really, I don't see any noticeable change here so I don't know why the community have been complaining since this morning. Horizontal walljump is the best way to get around fast, as always.

Its more than just the slide cooldown, its about randomly choosing to nerf certain aspects of the game in order to try to curb people's behaviour. Without facing the problem directly, they're not going to solve the issue, they're just going to destroy their own game, slowly over multiple changes.

Actually, to me running/jump/slide feels more smooth after the update. Before there were times where I had to mash my shift button to get moving again after a slide and that brief pause is gone.

Good fix DE. People who think this was a nerf to rushers are delusional.

Myself included, i try my best to suggest ideas that could turn the tide of unwanted rushing. such as:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/31404-idea-total-lockdowns/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60298-a-few-ideas-for-more-skill-based-gameplay/#entry628885

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/61092-how-to-eliminate-rushers-encourage-not-rushing/

Theres a plethora of ideas here that are ALL better than a sliding nerf that didnt even fix the problem.

Might I suggest adding my Incentives thread to that list? It does list quite a few ideas, both from me personally and some other players.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/60900-incentives/

Its more than just the slide cooldown, its about randomly choosing to nerf certain aspects of the game in order to try to curb people's behaviour. Without facing the problem directly, they're not going to solve the issue, they're just going to destroy their own game, slowly over multiple changes.

Can I getta witness to da righteous word brothers and sistas AMEN ! Raise your hand to the Devs and them them here ya in de above !

Or in other words....

I'm not even a rusher and this feels like a cheep move, not quite as cheep as removing the snipetron with no warning (R.I.P. snipetron, a moment of silence please) but still pretty cheep. As pointed out above there are dozens of better (and more complex) ideas to address the situation. This feels like someone in corporate level threw down there big D.. er title on the table and said "FIX IT NOW I DON'T CARE HOW" and the lowly programer said "ok fine, here I can do this now, it will be quick, easy, and shouldn't cause any other bugs." Now obviously I wasn't there, and I am not on the Devs team, I'm just saying that knowing office politics this is the impression I get. Granted, pure speculation on my part. But I for one prefer to believe this scenario because I prefer not to believe that a good game programer would think this is an appropriate way to handle the situation when there were SO   MANY  better ideas out there on the forum.

ERMAHGUD!! I can't teabag/slide attack spam as a Rhino to move faster than a sprinting Loki! GAME RUINED! PREORDER CANCELLED!!!!!

Rushing is still perfectly fine, it's just that now you can't do it with frames that are supposed to be slow (well, you still can with wallrun and stuff, but that's probably gonna get fixed too. deal with it.)

What needs to be done is add velocity in this game. Sprinting to slide should only occur when you reach a certain velocity or you just won't slide. Simple as that. Running also needs to be improved. Have sprint speed start at base walk speed increased up to maximum sprint speed in 1.0s. That way, it feels more fluid than suddenly breaking into full-sprint mode. Also, walking and running needs more speed. Give everyone a flat buff to it would do the trick.

I see that the problem is them trying to curb runners without solving the issue of their frames being too slow with a small few exceptions. Adding Rush does not curb it at all. Of all the frames that I have played, running Ash and Loki without Rush feels great, it feels so fitting for the game that I don't have any problems. Then, going on Excalibur, I feel like I have a 10kg sack of rice on my back. Lastly, Frost makes me think I am wearing a suit of tank armor without looking like it or even feeling like it.

Edited by matrixEXO

"The problem with rushing, isnt the people. Its the game" amazing exactly

i have already played many games after this patch and people still rush past every single enemy doing nothing for the team.. this is after the nurf or speed. i was thinking wtf as my ember was hacking/crawling towards the exit...........

its not even making the level take longer but a few extra problems occur.. this game is a crazy &#! action shooter game that is fast pace. it really makes the game feel odd and its not very fluid and im sure everyone else knows what i am saying!

lastly i am not sure how the staff at warframe does not see this as a problem and instead of fixing the problem just adds another, inturn making the game worse than prior patch. love the game, hate the nurf.

P.S - change it back and if you really want to nurf the speed just make it so if u hit the ctrl to move faster that it still takes energy! think about it!!! you have ur speed and u cant just run past everything

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

The only thing that was nerfed was abusing sliding to move faster than intended.

The cooldown isn't so obstructive that it negates the proper uses for sliding. Sliding still works 100% for its intended purposes. This was a welcome change.

Not true, you can't land your jumps in a slide now either. They probably did that to prevent "helicoptering" [an exploit people used to slide attack midair] but an easier fix would have been to reduce the speed on a slide attack instead.

And unless you use sprint toggle you'll notice other things as well, like not rolling when you jump from a sprint. You just land statically not moving. It really borked a lot of the movement controls...

They buffed the Defense mission rewards. They're not lazy. In fact, more things get buffed than nerfed. You have a legitimate point, though. Defense and Assassinations are the only two mission types worth doing (Mobile Defense was before the Defense buff), and they need to make them more desirable to complete. Exploration being more worthwhile wouldn't necessarily do that, but it's still a change worth doing.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm being gated hardcore by Ferrite right now. Even if I wanted to rush I can't. On the other hand, thanks to the Defense buff, I don't need to try and get mods so much now, so I have less incentive to kill enemies outside of Defense missions. Hence why I went on that tangent.