The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can No Longer Host Due To Bad Fps

Cheradenine

Up until the current Update, 8.1, I usually hosted for my Clan/Friends. That is no longer possible, the FPS drops are worse than before, and now my friends have (up to "very bad") lags. 

I made no change to my system, hardware or software wise. 

Anyone else experience worsened performance since 8.1?

Edit: clarified topic title

Edit2: after some trial & error: all my friends have that problem. Everyone has decreased performance compared to the day before yesterday.

Edited by Cheradenine

Just tried hosting a void mission with just one other friend, and the fps lag I was getting was unbearable.

I haven't tried hosting since 8.1.0 patch, but before that patch, when hosting with just 2 of us, I was getting 60 fps no prob, now with just 1 added person I am getting 20 fps.

kinda disgusting.

Yes I've noticed this too. I never had a problem in the void but today I played a void with 2 other friends and it lagged more than usual. It wasn't just the host. Though we only noticed it during the void mission, we previously played a few defense and alert missions without noticing anything until we got to the void.

I turned on fraps and monitored the frame rates and with vsync set to auto (I assume this is adaptive vsync?) the frames are around 50 in small rooms and down to 30s in big rooms with big fights going on. Previously I was able to keep a constant 60fps no matter what was going on. I also suspect there is stuttering going on as even at 50+fps it feels jittery and with a slight hint of input lag.

I then decided to turn the features off 1 at a time and the biggest culprit I find are colour correction and local reflection. I turned those 2 off and the rest of the mission was fine with frames of 50 and upwards and the input lag and stuttering was much better. And then I also turned off bloom anyway because I find the bloom a lil too much in some scenes.

I've checked to make sure I'm running my latest drivers and everything. Not using PhysX. Here are my specs:

Intel i5-3570k (oc-ed to 4.5ghz)

AMD Raedeon 7870 OC

8gb 1600mhz ddr3 Ripjaws RAM

Windows 7 64bit

Network lag was fine

Edited by tummytums