Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade - Sometimes can't attack after using it

Maeglin73

It doesn't always happen, and I don't recall it happening before the 18.4.12 patch, but 3 times since that patch was applied I've been unable to attack, switch weapons, or use abilities after turning off Excalibur's Exalted Blade. Movement and everything else works, though. This is with an XBox 360 wired controller, running under Windows 8.1 if it matters. It's always happened while playing solo, so I doubt it's a lag issue, and it doesn't matter if I manually stop using the blade or it shuts off due to running out of energy.

I can recover by aborting the mission but, in the case of exterminate missions (a favorite for farming ranks and resources), I can't complete the mission unless everything is already dead. That's especially annoying when it's an alert that's about to expire when I start it or I pick up a rarer mod that I'd like to keep.

Edited by Maeglin73

• 2 weeks later...

After still more testing, another clue as to what might trigger this glitch has turned up, When I was seeing it often, I was using Exalted Blade to blind-check doors (half the time not hitting anything) when doing solo missions. I stopped doing that, and haven't had the problem since.