Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Us Folks Who Use Slide Attacks For The Damage?

Xuande

I love slide attacks, but I'm not a rusher. I love them because they're actually very effective ways to make use of melee damage for certain weapons (mostly dual wielding ones). For Dual Ether, Dual Skana and Pangolin Sword, slide attacks are actually the largest single burst damage maneuver available for these weapons. They're great for just mowing down standard enemies that arrive in groups. 

Now because of the nerf, slide attacks are not as useful as they use to be. The loss in momentum means that they lose effective attack range, and the cooldown makes them slow to deploy repeatedly. I'd like to think that DE remembers that there will always be players who use a feature for it's intended purpose, and that by punishing them along with those who use it for rushing (and as the other threads have discussed, this nerf is likely not going to affect rushers' mentality much anyway), you set an ugly precedent.

Is there any way to -1?

I used slide attack all the time, and still do. I didn't even know they nerfed slides until I came in to forums and saw all the QQ's about it. I went back into game and still don't notice this HUGE injustice the whiners are all complaining about.

Is there any way to -1?

I used slide attack all the time, and still do. I didn't even know they nerfed slides until I came in to forums and saw all the QQ's about it. I went back into game and still don't notice this HUGE injustice the whiners are all complaining about.

Because you never used it efficiently.

I rather have less effective slide attacks than idiots running around exploiting the slide slash.

And considering the number of times I've actually seen someone using the slide attack to attack (never) compared to the number of times I've seen the slide exploit being used (many many times,) the number of people like the OP being affected negatively is bound to be a mere percentage point of the number of exploiters.

And considering the number of times I've actually seen someone using the slide attack to attack (never) compared to the number of times I've seen the slide exploit being used (many many times,) the number of people like the OP being affected negatively is bound to be a mere percentage point of the number of exploiters.

>exploiters

lol

I rather have less effective slide attacks than idiots running around exploiting the slide slash.

This doesn't address the rushing issue. Since there's no penalty against players for skipping enemies or moving ahead, players will continue to rush; only now they'll be using speedy frames and Rush mods. The punishment is therefore disproportionately heavy on players like me, who use slide attacks for their intended uses. 

Edited by Xuande

This doesn't address the rushing issue. Since there's no penalty against players for skipping enemies or moving ahead, players will continue to rush; only now they'll be using speedy frames and Rush mods. The punishment is therefore disproportionately heavy on players like me, who use slide attacks for their intended uses. 

It wasn't meant to wholly fix the rushing issue. Nowhere did DE say that it was meant to fix the rushing issue.

It was to fix slide exploiting/helicoptering. That's it.

The changes are unfortunate for people who only use slide attacks, but that's how it is. Your main method of attack was being abused for faster-than-intended movement. My condolences.

I don't use slide attacks as much specifically, but I do use slide a lot with charge attacks to close distance quickly during the charge. I can't do that anymore, at least, not in succession...

Edited by Turret_49

>exploiters

lol

Slide Attack is used to.. *drumroll* Attack and not for going faster than normal sprint speed (and therefor making Sprint/Stamina mods obsolete).

From Wiki: An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. (I underlinded the important parts that fit for the slide-slash case)

Conclusion: Slide nerf justified

Fault: stupid exploiters

Slide Attack is used to.. *drumroll* Attack and not for going faster than normal sprint speed (and therefor making Sprint/Stamina mods obsolete).

From Wiki: An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. (I underlinded the important parts that fit for the slide-slash case)

Conclusion: Slide nerf justified

Fault: stupid exploiters

Strafe-jumping, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, wave-dashing (SSB), SF2 cancels, daigo parry, HL Tau Canon accel, Telefrags, K-Style butterfly, wall-slash climb, etc. pp.

All of those fit your description yet all of those are used and accepted by the communities and also used in competitive play in tournaments.

Why not step up your game instead of ruining it for everyone else?

Strafe-jumping, bunnyhopping, rocket-jumping, wave-dashing (SSB), SF2 cancels, daigo parry, HL Tau Canon accel, Telefrags, K-Style butterfly, wall-slash climb, etc. pp.

All of those fit your description yet all of those are used and accepted by the communities and also used in competitive play in tournaments.

Couldn't agree more. It's almost like Warframe managed to pull a DmC in a single game. Lowering skill ceiling into the ground for casuals.

Couldn't agree more. It's almost like Warframe managed to pull a DmC in a single game. Lowering skill ceiling into the ground for casuals.

Unblockables, Paladin Reckstacking, Needle Boosting, JavGlitch/SuicideBomber, Doorblocks, /getdown, Combo Resets. All exploits, fixed for being exploits.

Difference being that those exploits started to become supported by the developers after they were initially discovered. They were supported by their respective communities, and the devs noted it and made them a part of the game.

So please, keep clamoring for DE to change it back. Maybe they might, and helicoptering will be commonplace and make certain weapons a quasi-requirement for play. Nobody will stop you, but don't expect people who support fixing exploits to keep quiet about it, either.

Edited by MoonicusMaximus

Unblockables, Paladin Reckstacking, Needle Boosting, JavGlitch/SuicideBomber, Doorblocks, /getdown, Combo Resets. All exploits, fixed for being exploits.

Difference being that those exploits started to become supported by the developers after they were initially discovered. They were supported by their respective communities, and the devs noted it and made them a part of the game.

So please, keep clamoring for DE to change it back. Maybe they might, and helicoptering will be commonplace and make certain weapons a quasi-requirement for play. Nobody will stop you, but don't expect people who support fixing exploits to keep quiet about it, either.

Helicoptering isn't fixed, only modified wave dashing. Shows how much you know about what you're so eagerly protecting.

Helicoptering isn't fixed, only modified wave dashing. Shows how much you know about what you're so eagerly protecting.

The movement exploits have, for the moment, been fixed. Helicoptering was a part of that problem, but not the only part.

Maybe it's time to find a new one?

Warned about this in slide QQ thread :|

Yeah remember the "ZOMG this is't slide online!" thread ? now that idiot is gonna start " ZOMG this is't sprint online" thread seriously hate people like that.

Edited by ZWarhammer

The movement exploits have, for the moment, been fixed. Helicoptering was a part of that problem, but not the only part.

Maybe it's time to find a new one?

Not exactly, movement exploits are still in place, apart from slightly reduced modified wave dashing.