The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smooth Movement Ruined Completely ( Update Rant)

ZWarhammer

But then another question arises why should rushers force you to play better? I can't think of a reason

They do NOT force you to play better, you can play as you like, with people you like, the tools are at your disposal. You are free to NEVER EVER use the slide-dashing or knife-skating if it doesn't bother you. If it does bother you, its up to YOU to make the effort to keep up.

The change of game code to prevent movement chaining however -does- force a change on people because its a hard change in game mechanics that can't be circumvented.

How can you not see the difference?

In one case you are free to do something, in the other case you are not free to do it.

Why do you want to force people to play worse?

Only ready 1st page. Do remember that creative use of envrionment/sprinting are meant to be the fastest and most fluid forms of movement. Not bunny-bouncing or sprining around on the floor to slide past everything. I am unsure exactly what defines a "powerslide" but I can tell you that I move reasonably fast even able to keep up with some rushers without sliding. I usually am not far behind but currently rushing to the end really hurts others.

I don't care how you want to play, so long as YOUR playstyle doesn't HARM my playstyle.

Think of it in MMO terms. What a Raider does in no way effects the Solo Player. However put Raid-Gear in Solo Zones (Like Everquest 2 did) and you find suddenly the Group-Zones are totally barrent maybe save the super-easy zones.

Please keep on topic guys.

It's kind of difficult to ask for this at this point, more than one person on each "side" feel they need to win over the other one.

But i digress. Like i said, i obvioulsy didn't know what powersliding was, but that hasn't removed me from the top 4k players list nor has it impared my ability to just buy blueprints and craft stuff, even though i have over 2k plat sitting idly by. And i generally play slow frames anyway.

It's kind of difficult to ask for this at this point, more than one person on each "side" feel they need to win over the other one.

But i digress. Like i said, i obvioulsy didn't know what powersliding was, but that hasn't removed me from the top 4k players list nor has it impared my ability to just buy blueprints and craft stuff, even though i have over 2k plat sitting idly by. And i generally play slow frames anyway.

For some reason every one of your posts makes me feel like you're flying in the sky counting birds while we have something of  a war going on down here.

How can something related to in game maneuverability effect leaderboards based solely on kills ? and what does it have to do with crafting stuff or how much plat you got left ?

Dunno what you're smoking but it's clearly helping you keep your head free from what's going on here.

Edited by ZWarhammer

I don't care how you want to play, so long as YOUR playstyle doesn't HARM my playstyle.

Since the patch "fixed" knife-surfing and slide-slashing now, then the harm is gone, right?

I mean there are no more rushers in the game, right?

What?

No?

You mean the nerf to movement chains had no impact on this behavior at all?

You mean to say that slide-slashing and knife-surfing didn't harm anyone in the first place?

Well color me surprised, not.

Agree

This patch completely ruined the smooth flow of movement this game had.

This so called change was clearly implemented because of little ( insert f word) demanding that everyone shares their play style of space turtles .

WE are supposed to be space ninjas ! this is the only thing this takes away from!

This won't stop me from rushing at ALL! in fact to boycott this change that's the only thing i'm gonna do now.

Thanks for the toggle sprint button that helps me with the rushing a lot!

This whole change did not effect rushers at ALL. What it does do is take more fun outta the game.

If this is how whiny complainers get their point across to you DE and ruin our game that's exactly what i'm gonna do from now on.

I'm starting a petition to reverse all the changes to movement and stop experimenting till you actually figure out a way to promote both play styles without shoving down a specific play style in our throat!.

I myself am not a rusher, 90 % of the time i will run off track to kill a few enemies and loot a few chests but does that mean that players who decided to skip that should be penalized ? NO! they might already have the stuff i'm farming for so they are not obliged to do the same.

I'm not gonna go around looking for every locker on the map because i know that redoing the mission and popping a few chests on the way will grant better results.

We are not bodyguards to so called explorers who try to loot every single corner on the map if they wanna do that they can play solo or with friends.

So i ask fellow Tenno who want to keep this space ninja game the way it's supposed to be and not turn us into space turtles! to boycott this change by rushing every mission just to show DE how badly they messed this up!

I love this game and it pains me to see it ruined by people who want EVERYTHING to be their way.

Edited to be more welcoming for people who can't stand rude language as asked by the community moderator.

Oh come on, everyone want's ninjas covered in Vaseline. I love sliding all over the place like I just won a mud wrestling contest.

Edit: The best part is where we still have perfect traction to run up walls but we can't make a 180 after coming out of a slide.

Edited by Excitonex

I believe I can sum this up with my current opinions.. Movement was fun. Helicoptering was fun. Now: Not so much. This limitation in movement doesn't do anything against rushing, it just ruins the enjoyment in being absolutely mobile. Any defense made to quell the fact that it kills movement is mute, simply because it was never a real, hard pressing issue. To consider it an exploit seems ludicrous.

Edited by Versal

For some reason every one of your posts makes me feel like you're flying in the sky counting birds while we have something of  a war going on down here.

How can something related to in game maneuverability effect leaderboards based solely on kills ? and what does it have to do with crafting stuff or how much plat you got left ?

Dunno what you're smoking but it's clearly helping you keep your head free from what's going on here.

Steady kill count and being able to craft stuff means i'm perfectly capable of playing the game for all it has to offer without ever having needed "powersliding" or any other sort of metagaming.

I'm not flying in the sky, though. I'm simply not picking sizes in a war that it's only detrimental to those involved in it.

People who are asking for the "feature" to return will be disappointed, because i don't see DE backing down on this, considering how unintended it was. And the people who are arguing with the unhappy and "defending" DE are only wasting time. DE does not need defenders. They know perfectly well why they put a cooldown on sliding.

Besides, given the general attitude of most involved in this "war" you mention the only thing i see coming is a thread lock.

Again, not really flying in the sky counting birds. I'm playing the game and enjoying myself just as i always have been. I was only interested in trying to know what exactly was the issue =)

Steady kill count and being able to craft stuff means i'm perfectly capable of playing the game for all it has to offer without ever having needed "powersliding" or any other sort of metagaming.

I'm not flying in the sky, though. I'm simply not picking sizes in a war that it's only detrimental to those involved in it.

People who are asking for the "feature" to return will be disappointed, because i don't see DE backing down on this, considering how unintended it was. And the people who are arguing with the unhappy and "defending" DE are only wasting time. DE does not need defenders. They know perfectly well why they put a cooldown on sliding.

Besides, given the general attitude of most involved in this "war" you mention the only thing i see coming is a thread lock.

Again, not really flying in the sky counting birds. I'm playing the game and enjoying myself just as i always have been. I was only interested in trying to know what exactly was the issue =)

A precedent of this exists in another game.

K-Style GunZ was once removed in a patch, one patch later it was back because everyone wanted it back.

Now for GunZ 2 they are going with no K-Style moves and nobody gives a F*** about that game.

Still with the birds i see.

Sorry but every time i try to fathom what you're trying to say it's like Jonathan Crane is spewing gas in my face.

A precedent of this exists in another game.

K-Style GunZ was once removed in a patch, one patch later it was back because everyone wanted it back.

Now for GunZ 2 they are going with no K-Style moves and nobody gives a F*** about that game.

Lol, GunZ.. didn't even knew there was a sequel.

But you don't even need to go that far for a precedent. Warframe has one, and it wasn't that long ago. It was when they nerfed Iron Skin.

They caved in, but not completely. The difference, though, was in how many people complained. This topic is nearing 24 hours and it only has 7 pages. The Iron Skin threads (there were more than one) had seven pages before the guy who deployed the nerfing patch had time to get back from a quick bathroom break. Let alone the number of complainers in 24 hours.

And that wasn't even during a weekend.

Still with the birds i see.

Sorry but every time i try to fathom what you're trying to say it's like Jonathan Crane is spewing gas in my face.

That was unprovoked.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

But you don't even need to go that far for a precedent. Warframe has one, and it wasn't that long ago. It was when they nerfed Iron Skin.

They caved in, but not completely. The difference, though, was in how many people complained. This topic is nearing 24 hours and it only has 7 pages. The Iron Skin threads (there were more than one) had seven pages before the guy who deployed the nerfing patch had time to get back from a quick bathroom break. Let alone the number of complainers in 24 hours.

That was unprovoked.

Except your example was a balancing issue, not a gameplay style issue.

I mean movement chains have zero direct influence on balance, they are non-harmful, there is no reason not to have them.

That was unprovoked.

You obviously don't see that there are tons of people boycotting this change.

Also this was your first post that i could understand so i guess we're making progress.

Except your example was a balancing issue, not a gameplay style issue.

I mean movement chains have zero direct influence on balance, they are non-harmful, there is no reason not to have them.

I still haven't completely understood what the issue is. Someone else and the OP showed me a video of a Banshee running on a straight line while slide-meleeing the entire time while spending no stamina.

I'll have to disagree with you on this not being related to balance. For one, it makes you move much faster than sprinting speed without spending much stamina. Furthermore, that sort of movement can be easely macroed and is unblockable by mobs, so you can just charge ahead and slice everything in the path. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, though.

You obviously don't see that there are tons of people boycotting this change.

I see the same amount of people making tons of noise. That's different than tons amount of people boycotting a change.

In fact, going to the gameplay feedback not only i do not see other threads "boycotting" this change, but i actually see more threads commending DE on it.

I still haven't completely understood what the issue is. Someone else and the OP showed me a video of a Banshee running on a straight line while slide-meleeing the entire time while spending no stamina.

I'll have to disagree with you on this not being related to balance. For one, it makes you move much faster than sprinting speed without spending much stamina. Furthermore, that sort of movement can be easely macroed and is unblockable by mobs, so you can just charge ahead and slice everything in the path. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, though.

why should people using it as a legit attack maneuver be punished because some people decided to use it differently ? I mainly use heavy weapons so i don't see myself slide dashing almost ever but i do like to slide around the place .

Then just why not put  a timer on the ability to attack while sliding rather than sliding itself ? or just have the screen go blurry over time if used consecutively to imitate dizzyness?

Edited by ZWarhammer

why should people using it as a legit attack maneuver be punished because some people decided to use it differently ? I mainly use heavy weapons so i don't see myself slide dashing almost ever but i do like to slide around the place .

Then just why not put  a timer on the ability to attack while sliding rather than sliding itself ? or just have the screen go blurry over time if used consecutively to imitate dizzyness?

agreed.

I still use it as a legit attack maneuver. I don't use it as the only attack maneuver though so that might be why i didn't noticed anything different.

I slide around the place as well, which again was part of my headsplosion about the rant thread. I just jump-slide-jump-slide-jump-slide.... It's still bypassing the stamina cost of running and getting myself somewhere faster.

I still use it as a legit attack maneuver. I don't use it as the only attack maneuver though so that might be why i didn't noticed anything different.

I slide around the place as well, which again was part of my headsplosion about the rant thread. I just jump-slide-jump-slide-jump-slide.... It's still bypassing the stamina cost of running and getting myself somewhere faster.

Then you don't pvp a lot cause you have to use the slide attack quite often there to avoid some of frame abilities.

Mobs block your path while slide-slashing.

a. Moving fast does not impact your combat performance, it makes you gain nothing more. You don't get more kills or more loot nor more credits.

b. This game isn't competitive VS, hence there isn't anything "unfair" about this.

c. Moving fast does not make you rush, a player decides if he wants to rush. The nerf has currently not "fixed" rushing, so the impact is simply not there.

d. Slide Slash isn't more effective tactic for damage except for ancients since you hit their weakpoint.

e. Since Patch 7.8 slide-slash consumes stamina (albeit regenerates during slide)

I could give you that movement chains should not be stamina-free, so there could be an incremental increase for every chain, but thats not what was changed, the chain was removed entirely.

Mobs block your path while slide-slashing.

a. Moving fast does not impact your combat performance, it makes you gain nothing more. You don't get more kills or more loot nor more credits.

b. This game isn't competitive VS, hence there isn't anything "unfair" about this.

c. Moving fast does not make you rush, a player decides if he wants to rush. The nerf has currently not "fixed" rushing, so the impact is simply not there.

d. Slide Slash isn't more effective tactic for damage except for ancients since you hit their weakpoint.

e. Since Patch 7.8 slide-slash consumes stamina (albeit regenerates during slide)

I could give you that movement chains should not be stamina-free, so there could be an incremental increase for every chain, but thats not what was changed, the chain was removed entirely.

Well, then we all just wait. My personal opinion is that it looks silly, and if DE wanted everyone to move that fast they wouldn't have added different base speeds to all frames (they moved at the same speed during U5 and U6), and wouldn't make sprinting consume stamina.

Like i have been saying, in my opinion they aren't even going to bat an eye at this. And if they do, it'll be only to further explain why they did it. People complained much more loudly when they added different base speeds for all the frames ("Volt's speed is now useless next to Loki!" "My Rhino is a turtle!!"). But DE did not budged and that didn't harmed the game, since we're obvioulsy all still here and the game is still growing.

But i wouldn't mind if they decided to undo the nerf either, honestly. But i wouldn't put any money on it.

Game hasn't been growing since april.

Update 8 was one of the biggest content updates since i joined warframe during Update 5. I wasn't refering to the registered players count, but there have been 27 pages of posts on the "introductions" forum since april. That's almost a 100% growth in posts since april, considering that the first posts date back to december.

And those are only the people that bother with making a forum account and introducing themselves.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo