The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Arcane for Ice Chroma?

Bread-Bad

Question

My Chroma Build

This question is mostly pointed toward those who've been able to last for a long time in T4 Survival (60+ min). I have an Arcane Victory Syandana and assuming I'm able to proc it quite often, which arcane would be best for end game survival? I was thinking between Grace, Guardian , or Avenger but would like to get the opinion of someone with experience.

Additional Note: I'm using Zenurik focus with maxed out Energy Overflow to supply my QT, so I'm leaning towards Avenger since Grace and Guardian might be overkill.

10 answers to this question

I would go with Arcane Grace and Arcane Aegis.

Grace to regenerate some HP and keeping your HP up = being able to keep Fury maxed (Damage buff) and Aegis to keep you at 98% damage reduction.

Some will say Arcane Grace + Guardian, but Guardian is a waste of time. That 98% damage reduction is more important than a few thousand extra EHP.

This is the build that i use with mine:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Chroma/t_30_3204204430_2-6-10-6-5-5-12-4-10-27-9-3-34-8-5-49-3-10-57-7-5-59-2-3-411-1-10-481-0-10_481-7-411-8-59-9-49-8-12-8-6-11-2-6-57-8-34-14-27-9_0/en/1-0-34/86458/

I say that Chroma needs as much Power Strength as possible for that extra damage buff and if you have maxed energy Overflow. You will have no problem going with 284% power strength.

Edited by mrwald0

6 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

I would swap Handspring for Power Drift on that build, it's another +15% power strength. I would also swap Quickthinking for either Streamline or Fleeting, depending on preference.

Streamline and fleeting aren't needed with a maxed Energy Overflow and Rage + Furis/Life Strike. If you get low on Mana, just use your Furis/Life-strike to regenerate some HP and make sure Scorn is maxed and then go take damage to your HP and Rage will give you mana. I also wouldn't remove QT as that is a safety net if you mess up vs higher level mobs.

Edited by mrwald0

Your QT will be the bane of recovery if you need a safety net. If the enemies you're facing are strong enough to overwhelm you in the small window it takes to recover, then having them gut your energy, denying you the energy you would need to cast Vex again will get you killed anyways. You need that energy to give yourself that next cast, but if it was eaten by dmg, you aren't going to have that cast, meaning you'll continue to fail to return to the offensive. A LOT of players find QT to be a 'safety net', when instead, if they had the energy from QT instead, they would be able to go on the offensive, as most frames with QT or glass cannons that shouldn't mod for receiving. 

2 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Your QT will be the bane of recovery if you need a safety net. If the enemies you're facing are strong enough to overwhelm you in the small window it takes to recover, then having them gut your energy, denying you the energy you would need to cast Vex again will get you killed anyways. You need that energy to give yourself that next cast, but if it was eaten by dmg, you aren't going to have that cast, meaning you'll continue to fail to return to the offensive. A LOT of players find QT to be a 'safety net', when instead, if they had the energy from QT instead, they would be able to go on the offensive, as most frames with QT or glass cannons that shouldn't mod for receiving. 

QT is affected by armor, and with a frame like Chroma. You lose very little mana even against level 200 mobs on a single hit. If you get low enough for QT to activate, simply run away for a sec and use your Furis/Life-Strike.

QT should only really be a factor if you run out of vex armor, in which case, that huge armor boost is gone. You should be keeping an eye on your HP for the most part. I main an aggressive Link Trinity, which can double as a non-maxed duration blessing. I can gun down enemies, manage my timers on all 4 abilities, and watch the entire squad's health. A quick cursory glance is all it takes to gauge HP, and you should stay on top of it. QT certainly acts as a net, but with time, you SHOULD be able to weed it out to increase your effectiveness.

11 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

QT should only really be a factor if you run out of vex armor, in which case, that huge armor boost is gone. You should be keeping an eye on your HP for the most part. I main an aggressive Link Trinity, which can double as a non-maxed duration blessing. I can gun down enemies, manage my timers on all 4 abilities, and watch the entire squad's health. A quick cursory glance is all it takes to gauge HP, and you should stay on top of it. QT certainly acts as a net, but with time, you SHOULD be able to weed it out to increase your effectiveness.

You actually have to build up to get that 98% damage reduction with Chroma and sometimes you don't get it right away. If you take to much damage with out being able to max scorn, QT is very useful against level 200+ mobs as it gives you the time to get away for your shields to regenerate to allow you to max out scorn and give you the much needed 98% damage reduction. I would agree if it was an instant 98%, but it isn't and QT is very helpful on Chroma as you will sometimes take damage with out having it and that is where QT comes into play. Where you would be downed with out it. You are able to get away to max your Scorn and heal/regenerate shields

Edited by mrwald0

I've only really noticed a 'need' for QT for players who facetank dmg. A little cleaver gunplay such as utilizing cover and prioritizing targets, can easily take the place of QT. Playing that way can allow you to run the squishiest of frames that make stomping higher levels a breeze (Here's looking at you, Banshee). 

17 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

I've only really noticed a 'need' for QT for players who facetank dmg. A little cleaver gunplay such as utilizing cover and prioritizing targets, can easily take the place of QT. Playing that way can allow you to run the squishiest of frames that make stomping higher levels a breeze (Here's looking at you, Banshee). 

That is the thing. You actually HAVE to take damage with Chroma to get your Damage reduction and Damage buff and it's usually every 40sec and doing it over and over again for 1hr40min+ every 40sec you are going to make mistakes. That is why it's nice to have QT. We are way off topic though as he asked about arcanes and not QT :P

I would say that Arcane Aegis is needed as it helps max your Scorn and Grace is nice to have, but not really needed if you have a Furis (Get a Furis as it also pops Nullifiers), but it's also nice to have as it's a little less work for you.

Edited by mrwald0

The points; you're missing them. I'm not saying you don't take dmg with Chroma, I'm saying you fight cautiously when you don't have dmg reduction. I'm not saying QT is a bad mod, I'm saying that you can learn a play style that allows you to weed it out and allows you to mod in more power. Obviously, he can mod completely different than either things we suggested, I was offering an alteration to the alternate build you offered. It's not wrong to use either, and you're acting as if you have to 'win' the difference in opinions. I'm not dismissing the validity of using QT, I'm saying that if you learned to fight cautiously, you can mod out QT for more power.