The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Having Trouble With Performance

ChaoX

CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ You Have: Intel® Core i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest CPU drivers.     blue_i.gif CPU Speed Minimum: Info You Have: 2.3 GHz       green_checkmark.gif RAM Minimum: 2 GB You Have: 3.9 GB       green_checkmark.gif OS Minimum: Windows XP SP 3 or higher You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Windows drivers.     green_checkmark.gif Video Card Minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 You Have: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Video Card drivers.   Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card     Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 1.0 GB green_checkmark.gif Sound Card Minimum: Yes You Have: High Definition Audio Device drivers-updates.gifClick here for the latest Sound Card drivers.     green_checkmark.gif Free Disk Space Minimum: 1 GB You Have: 260.2 GB      

On the canyourunit website it says that I can run the game just fine, but in-game I am having terrible frame rate. Can anyone give me some tips on what should I do? My settings are at their lowest, I turned off 64bit mode, Directx11, All settings Low all the advanced stuff is turned off the resolution is 800x600, my Catalyst settings are all on Best Performance. Is it a bug or my computer just cant run this game? Sorry for my bad english I try my best to make it understandable.

There are a few issues here:

First and foremost, the game lags and has fps issues of it's own, regardless of hardware. There isn't really a fix for this until we get a hotfix or update from the devs that fixes it.

Second, I used to run the game with the lowest settings, 32-bit and all because I wanted it to run smoother. Oddly enough, turning settings down actually decreased my performance. Since then I've turned everything up or on except for Bloom, DOF/Motion Blur, and character shadows and the game runs smooth consistently (barring the game doesn't have it's own issues).

Lastly, Some people have serious performance drops when hosting games. I usually can't host games for this reason because my FPS drops from a steady 40-60 to around 5-15. Again, there is no real fix for this until the devs address it.

You could also try running the game in compatibility mode. To do this find the games binary (.exe) file, found in: .../Steam/Steamapps/common/Warframe. The launcher is found in the Tools folder in the same place. When you find the file just right-click and select 'Run in Compatibility Mode' or 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' if it's already running in that mode.

There are a few issues here:

First and foremost, the game lags and has fps issues of it's own, regardless of hardware. There isn't really a fix for this until we get a hotfix or update from the devs that fixes it.

Second, I used to run the game with the lowest settings, 32-bit and all because I wanted it to run smoother. Oddly enough, turning settings down actually decreased my performance. Since then I've turned everything up or on except for Bloom, DOF/Motion Blur, and character shadows and the game runs smooth consistently (barring the game doesn't have it's own issues).

Lastly, Some people have serious performance drops when hosting games. I usually can't host games for this reason because my FPS drops from a steady 40-60 to around 5-15. Again, there is no real fix for this until the devs address it.

You could also try running the game in compatibility mode. To do this find the games binary (.exe) file, found in: .../Steam/Steamapps/common/Warframe. The launcher is found in the Tools folder in the same place. When you find the file just right-click and select 'Run in Compatibility Mode' or 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' if it's already running in that mode.

Thank you a lot for the answer this really helped me a lot. Thank you for using your time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

Edited by ChaoX

Thank you a lot for the answer this really helped me a lot. Thank you for using your time to help me out, I really appreciate it.

My pleasure, hopefully we'll see you in-game soon :D