Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept/Crowd Control] Estellera - The Star Dancer

Maugre

This is Estellera, Tenno. The dancer, the star on the stage of the cosmos.

A master of coordination, Estellera excels at commanding those around her.

Alright, obligatory Lotus introduction complete. This is my concept for Estellera, a crowd-controlling, star-themed Warframe. There's not a whole lot to explain, so I'll get right into it.

I know you folks like pretty pictures, so I've drawn up a side and front view of what her helmet would be, here:

NOW WITH BODY CONCEPT!

Spoiler

ede68ae62d.jpg

97434a4e9d.jpg 

8f168658db.jpg

314f92498f.jpg

POWERS

Estellera is a crowd control based frame, and as such, her powers mainly revolve around this.

Passive:

Her passive ability draws power from the stars, giving her a small natural energy regeneration. This does not affect her party.

1. Starbomb (yes, this is totally a nod to Arin and Danny.) [Alternatively, this could be called "Starfield", I guess...]

4d311927d1.png

When Estellera activates Starbomb, she does a twirling maneuver, tossing down a star field like caltrops.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20151119203801 

The stars will act as a minefield, dealing fire damage and inflicting a blast proc on explosion. These stars don't fade once detonated, but act in a way to Vauban's tesla grenades, in that they activate when an enemy is nearby, and have a short cooldown before they can activate again. The area covered by the stars would extend out about enough to cover a void defense cryopod up to the laser buttons, and can be extended or shortened via range mods. The damage is negligible, and doesn't scale off of strength mods, but strength mods do increase the frequency at which the stars can detonate, effectively stunlocking enemies with high enough strength (not to the point where they're completely unable to move, just limiting it to a great extent), if you're ok with sacrificing efficiency.

Example of it being used:

Spoiler

a98fa7d903.jpg

2. Comet

4dcabffda2.png

As a nice change from the heat and explosives from Starbomb, Comet offers a way to get enemies away from you, rather than keeping them in one place. Estellera superchills the air, sending a massive iceball forward in a straight line. Anything contacting the comet will be immediately frozen solid, and dragged along with it on it's path, exploding into pure cold damage on contact with a surface or the end of it's path. Any enemy fortunate to not be in the immediate path, but still within a certain distance of it, will be effected by a slowing cold proc, but no damage or a full freeze.

Spoiler

882621c991.jpg

3. Ultraviolet

0e48f90d0c.png

With a light swirling gesture of her hand, Estellera creates a miniature star, launching it forward to attach to the first surface it contacts. Once attached, it begins emitting radiation, accompanied by an extreme light. Enemies that first enter the lit up area are blinded for a short time, and once adjusted to the light, cannot be blinded again. While within the lit area, they're subjected to a small amount of radiation damage, with a very small proc chance. While in such harsh light, the enemies have reduced accuracy, and miss you more often.

Spoiler

27fb2d3eba.jpg

4. Event Horizon

f5690e477e.png

Keeping with the theme of powers that control where enemies are on the battlefield, Event Horizon starts a channeled black hole on top of Estellera, as she does various spinning dances to keep it flowing. Able to move slowly around while dancing, Power Strength increases the rate enemies get pulled in, and the damage (non-elemental) they take while inside. Negative strength has an effect similar to Nova, where it reverses what happens; rather than pulling enemies, it repels them. 

This power CAN do significant damage, but the main draw is that it can be used to easily suck in or repel large groups of enemies in a wide range.

Spoiler

07d02cf9bd.jpg

STATS

Estellera, while great at commanding the battlefield to her will, needs to be able to take some hits while she's doing so.

Armor: 75

Health: 250 (at max level)

Shield: 375 (at max level)

Energy: 150

Name Inspiration:

As with all great things... Stonehenge, the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Cellphones, Earth... the name is the most important part, coming before even the concept of what it's naming! (sometimes.) As such, Estellera got her name by similar means. Quite simply, I was thinking of the word "etcetera", and randomly decided to shove "stellar" into it. So is the birth of Estellera!

...Yeah, that's about all there is to it.

Edited by Maugre

Just now, MinnowMinori said:

Agreed, I really like the theme and kit together; star caltrops!

I just really like the idea of another CC-focused frame. Would definitely need a fair bit of energy, though! Goodness I'd love some caltrops with my space ninjas, though.

Caltrops are important! :D

Just now, Andromede said:

It could be cool if she moves with some dancing steps. I like this idea.

Hide contents

Go74fhh.jpg

Dang, that's some nice art you've got there! Puts mine to shame. XD

I dont know if DE would want to go about making a new animation set to go with her, but it certainly would be cool seeing her dance around in normal movement. Maybe alternate animations for dodges, bullet jumps, etc?

13 hours ago, xUndefined said:

I really really want this to become a thing.

11 hours ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

I have three words to describe this:

Simple, Elegant, Efficient

Okay maybe four: Awesome 

10 hours ago, ParthurrnaxTheDragon said:

She is AWESOME OMG so coooool.

Thanks a lot, folks! Now we just need DE to also fall in love with it! XD

• 2 months later...