The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Orthos A Scindo?

simeo77

Question

8 answers to this question

I heard somewhere that Orthos is basically the Scindo with longer charge time and longer reach.

To people who have both weapons.... is this true in your experience?

Most DEFINITELY not.

As someone who has used an axe and polearm in real life (yes, I am in the SCA. Yes, I REALLY enjoy it.), I can tell you that it does NOT behave like an axe. The grounded enemy execute animation is similar enough for people to get confused.

The main attack is a horizontal slash alternating with cross cut slashes from either shoulder down. The Charge attack is a horizontal as well, but instead of upright, it arcs behind the back. I call it the 'swing behind the back to gain momentum to cut enemy in half' motion. The original idea was to protect the haft of the spear/polearm from hostile blades until you strike.

Can't WAIT to see what other polearms are coming.

Edited by Kalenath

Actually Orthos has a overall faster charge time than Scindo.. the difference that counts is:

Charge Attacks consist of 2 parts.. the charge up and the swing. During the Swing you can not be interrupted but during the charge up you can.

Scindo has a faster charge up but slower swing therefor you will be longer immune to interrupt.

Orthos has a slower charge up but faster swing... making it more mobile but more likely to interrupted but has greater reach than Scindo.

Don't get me wrong.. we only talk zero-point-something seconds here so not much of a difference but if you want to cookie-cut you should take that into concideration.

Edited by Namacyst