Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf Does Not Prevent Rushing...

Strudul

...It just slows everyone / everything down.

It doesn't just affect "rushers", it affects "explorers" too. The ability to quickly move around gave me incentive to actually go check lockers / barrels because it did not take that long. Nerfing how fast you can move makes me want to just rush and skip everything since spending extra time "exploring" just isn't time efficient any more.

A "rusher" and an "explorer" could both use slides in their favour, now they are both limited similarly. As such, the time difference between a rusher reaching extraction and an explorer reaching extraction is still the same, just the overall time taken to complete the level is now increased. All this does is slows down how fast we can gather materials and screws over smaller clans.

Volt and Excalibur still have abilities that lets them cover distance faster than other players, should we remove that because it allows them to rush? (The answer is no <_<)

Many people with faster frames could rush ahead to check lockers / barrels and then mark drops for slower frames to come collect. This meant that the slower frame players didn't have to waste time checking everywhere and could use their time efficiently, only going to places with drops.

This also increases the risk of the pod / players dying due to not reaching it / them in time to save it / them. So next time you are "exploring", lagging behind, and you get downed, and I can't reach you in time to save you, you will only have yourselves to blame.

Completely agree with you.

Taken from another thread;

This hotfix will not lower rushers. I even dare to say it will increases the amount of rushers. Why? Because before if you wanted to explore the map, you could quickly move around the level by utilizing the slide+forward flip combo and still be able to harvest all the resources relatively fast. Now, it blatantly discourage you to do so unless you want to spend  the extra 15min per mission to explore the other part of the level. No thanks, at that time I could have killed the Hyena an extra time.

Also, for the argument of "just use wall jump then"; wall jump was basically the slide+forward flip prior to the nerf. Because what wall jump does is giving a forward boost in momentum which is identical to the slide+forward flip pre-nerf. So with that logic, wall jump should be nerfed too. And let us refactor the game's name to Slowframe.

Thank you DE for removing an exploit. And to all you people who think this was going to be a major problem, it will only for people who don't count their cooldowns. Sliding runs are still there and they still do give you that movement boost but you are not going to go super with it. Also, the reason why it was nerfed was because of the Toggle Sprint option. Set a key, activate sprint then tap crouch to slide-then-run almost instantly at any time. Now you all know why they nerfed sliding. And I'm pretty sure there were some people who wanted a Toggle Sprint feature so why don't you torment them instead?

Edited by matrixEXO