Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf Question

Hoverbike

It's something I've heard on the stream and don't understand each time it's brought up, the idea that the players who are interested in quickly completing (or "rushing") missions are somehow skipping content. Skipping normally implies that they're not experiencing something, but why is that (presumably) the assumption being made? The content isn't being skipped, it's getting left behind because there's very little value to sticking around for it. Is the official reaction to just force players to slow down rather than creating incentives to?

The tilesets are neat but eventually a player will have seen all the relevant tile information the game can provide until the next update to the system; after that they don't have any need to stick around unless the intent is draining every container in each tile for a handful of materials or credits each time. Exploration through each tile is (currently) encouraged only by that same handful of drops, which a player can get more easily by quickly completing missions. There's even a message in the loading screens that says rare mods can be found through exploration, but (outside of shooting an enemy in an out-of-the-way tile and getting a rare drop from that) it's not the case.  As it stands the content that players are "skipping" is getting left behind after being rapidly drained of value post-release. Is the intention really to prevent players from moving quickly through areas that are no longer interesting rather than incentivizing them to stick around?

Combat is in a better but similar state; the enemy types are gaining variety over time but the act of fighting these people lacks variety on the broader scale. Combat encounters play out fairly similarly regardless of factions, even now that they each have a greater variety of enemies; more importantly, the only change between high level combat and low level seems to be the health and damage values attached to everything. Why would a player continue to sit in a tile and push through a slight variation on the same fight they've had before when they could easily move past it instead? 

If the containers in regular missions could drop mods like in the void, im sure we would see more exploration. But until that happens I think its unfair to try to make us go through same content slowly for the 6 millionth time. So I agree with you.

The tilesets are neat but eventually a player will have seen all the relevant tile information the game can provide until the next update to the system; after that they don't have any need to stick around unless the intent is draining every container in each tile for a handful of materials or credits each time. Exploration through each tile is (currently) encouraged only by that same handful of drops, which a player can get more easily by quickly completing missions. There's even a message in the loading screens that says rare mods can be found through exploration, but (outside of shooting an enemy in an out-of-the-way tile and getting a rare drop from that) it's not the case.  As it stands the content that players are "skipping" is getting left behind after being rapidly drained of value post-release. Is the intention really to prevent players from moving quickly through areas that are no longer interesting rather than incentivizing them to stick around?

This is what I feel is the cause of "rushing". I'm betting both you, and I, have seen all of what the old maps had offered and will offer. Replaying them over and over again is a tad repetitive. Petty credits and mods that I already have aren't going to get me to stick around in the map. Warframe is like a dungeon in World of Warcraft; once you've beaten it, there's nothing more to it than loot.

Give us interesting boss fights and whatnot. But even then, we'd probably just grow tired of them after a couple of runs.

Edited by Cestus

As long as the end credits/win states are more desirable than the mission's contents, rushing can't really be stopped.

Nor do I think it should be. Nor do I think the slide nerf was made to stop rushing.