Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rusher, Turtle, And Troll Shield, Why You No Use?

Carcharias

So if you've been around these forums for more than like 5 seconds you may have noticed a repeated topic. No not "I think pvp would be cool lock" the other one. How to I deal with rushers, turtles, trolls? Or here's an idea of how to deal with rushers. Or we need a kick option pleeeeeaaassss !!! *facepalm*

Could just be I'm getting old and grumpy, Or maybe it's because this is not my first MMO by far. I have personally not had a problem with other people's play style. Why? Because I use the contacts list. So yea when I started playing, back in the long long ago, I spent like the first three weeks of gameplay doing randoms and building a list of players who's style I agreed with. There is actually some people I play fast with and others I am happy to loot everything with, just depends on what mood I happen to be in. Now I only play with people from my contacts list or solo so I know exactly what I'm getting into (usually). I have not been trolled for months. It is beautiful.

MAIN POINT  >> Why do you not use your contact list to protect yourself from rushers, turtles, trolls, or whoever is bringing your game down?

I point this question to every gamer who is frustrated with anothers game style for whatever reason. I do pose this as a real question. I successfully deployed the contacts list first thing in this game because it is an MMO and you never know who you're going to end up playing with unless you know who you're going to end up playing with. That (to me) is the obvious power of the contacts list.

If you don't end up playing with play styles opposed to yours this question is not directed at you. If you are adaptable (gasp) and don't mind playing different styles with different peoples, this question is not directed at you.

Point is, there is already a tool in game that (unlike a kick power) cannot really be abused and that will still protect any player from trolls. Why are people not using it? Is it simply the small amount of effort is takes to put the list together? Are people not aware of its existence?! Too lazy to use the list? I don't know, so I'm asking.

Honest responses are appreciated as I am most curious about this topic, sarcasm is optional but if employed I may respond in kind. If you are unclear on how to protect yourself from trolls with the list I will copy and paste my patented four step program of how to use the list as a shield here.

Edited by Carcharias

Think the only thing this game need is a block list to prevent playing games with people you don't like (If you get matched with a player that rushes immediately to boss, after game you can block him so that you don't get paired with him in future games).

Common sense really... Keep the features like they were (No slide cooldown) and just allow people to block rushers/turtles/trolls. Everyone has their game style and trying to change them is forcing everyone else into the same change. Eventually it'll come to the point where there isn't even ninjas anymore.

I agree that an ignore list would be faster, easier and mostly harmless. At the very least you can still not play with those you disagree with and there is a lost less chance that it could be used to troll with unlike the kick option.